Hacking Preloader SoftMii issue

Skyfallkavu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright, so after I install Preloader .27 (I have tried .26, same results) I choose not to install the .dol that is mentioned in the instructions to install after installing Preloader (If I do install it, it decides to distort audio, plus the most prominent issue is still there.).

Anyway, its hard to explain.

Instead of bringing up the backscreen (You know, the one with the wii logo fading in and out) when coming out of a program/game, it acts as if I reset the wii and it shows my healthscreen. I asked another user in a PM if he had that problem, and he said no. It isn't a big thing but I would like my backscreen back, instead of my healthscreen all the time.

Is this normal, and if not is there any way to fix this? Ive used ARC multiple times but the problem is still there, I simply cant fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also, thats what .dol file do anyway? It isn't explained.

By the way, the problem only appears AFTER I install preloader. Everything is ok with the original 3.2 firmware.

Tichinde925

Marth Ditto Money Match?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
its any title deleter....I think its too dangerous to have as the installed dol when pressing reset.

You dont know who might be around your Wii and holding the reset button by accident to load up AnyTitleDeleter and then to start deleting stuff...

The name of the .dol: atd512 I believe, though I may be wrong.

Skyfallkavu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh, so its simply just a version of anytitledeleter that can be loaded from the preloader menu? Thats handy I guess, but isn't really necessary. I wonder why it distorts my sound...

But im still really ticked about the healthscreen problem, I really really need that fixed D:

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyfallkavu said:
Oh, so its simply just a version of anytitledeleter that can be loaded from the preloader menu? Thats handy I guess, but isn't really necessary. I wonder why it distorts my sound...

But im still really ticked about the healthscreen problem, I really really need that fixed D:
do you have a fresh preloader "00000042.app"? if not, i do... you just need to install that via Softmii tweaker(PM me if you need anything)

Skyfallkavu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The earliest point it appears is right after preloader installation. The Wii isnt even SoftMii'd yet.

Its a problem with Preloader, since everything is fine on a vanilla 3.2U installation.

I don't see how the 00000042.app would change anything yet.

Unless it goes into effect right after Preloader is installed, and it isnt deleted with ARC

Does the 00000042.app require softmii to be installed?

AsosaYoung

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyfallkavu said:
Alright, so after I install Preloader .27 (I have tried .26, same results) I choose not to install the .dol that is mentioned in the instructions to install after installing Preloader (If I do install it, it decides to distort audio, plus the most prominent issue is still there.).

Anyway, its hard to explain.

Instead of bringing up the backscreen (You know, the one with the wii logo fading in and out) when coming out of a program/game, it acts as if I reset the wii and it shows my healthscreen. I asked another user in a PM if he had that problem, and he said no. It isn't a big thing but I would like my backscreen back, instead of my healthscreen all the time.

Is this normal, and if not is there any way to fix this? Ive used ARC multiple times but the problem is still there, I simply cant fix it. Any help would be greatly appreciated

Also, thats what .dol file do anyway? It isn't explained.

By the way, the problem only appears AFTER I install preloader. Everything is ok with the original 3.2 firmware.

To remove the health screen Enable [Replace healthwarning with backmenu] in preloader settings/systemhacks.
Yes .app that you want is created after Preloader is installed, and it isnt deleted with ARC

BL4Z3D247

GBAtemp Stoner
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Skyfallkavu said:
I don't see how the 00000042.app would change anything yet.

Unless it goes into effect right after Preloader is installed, and it isnt deleted with ARC

Does the 00000042.app require softmii to be installed?
you reinstall the original health screen with the 00000042.app(from preloader) i thought that was the problem you wanted to solve the most

Skyfallkavu

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That fixed it on your end?

EDIT: Yep, that fixed it. Thanks so much cnd_bacon!

BL4Z3D247, if you dont mind I would still love to have the original 00000042.app. Could you still upload it? It would be nice if I wanted the default healthscreen again.

cdn_bacon

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Skyfallkavu said:
That fixed it on your end?

EDIT: Yep, that fixed it. Thanks so much cnd_bacon!

BL4Z3D247, if you dont mind I would still love to have the original 00000042.app. Could you still upload it? It would be nice if I wanted the default healthscreen again.

no prob...glad i can help

for the 42.app use FS Browser to extreact your 00000042.app from Title/00000001/00000002/content

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-