dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
EDIT - Ok, so I took the plunge and installed CIOSCORP without incident, and I just want to get preloader installed now. All I want is for it to be able to boot a .dol if my Wii bricks w/o TPHack, and to use the 3 starfall hacks I was using (Hold Y for rescue menu, no recovery disc check on rescue menu, and don't check for updates). Should I uninstall starfall or at least disable the hacks through starfall before I install? Will preloader conflict with cioscorp? How do I tell preloader which hacks I want to install?

Sorry about noob questions, but I appreciate any help you want to give me with this
smile.gif

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
EDIT - Ok, so I took the plunge and installed CIOSCORP without incident, and I just want to get preloader installed now. All I want is for it to be able to boot a .dol if my Wii bricks w/o TPHack, and to use the 3 starfall hacks I was using (Hold Y for rescue menu, no recovery disc check on rescue menu, and don't check for updates). Should I uninstall starfall or at least disable the hacks through starfall before I install? Will preloader conflict with cioscorp? How do I tell preloader which hacks I want to install?

Sorry about noob questions, but I appreciate any help you want to give me with this
smile.gif

You can have both installed. Install starfall first with the options you want, then after reboot and testing recovery mode and other stargall option you can install Preloader.

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Ok thanks. Well, I've had starfall installed for a while and I've tested that the hacks work, if thats what you mean, so do I now just boot up the preloader .dol through HBC? Also, I'm still a bit hazy on the whole hacks.ini thing with preloader. Should I just delete all the hacks except for the 3 I'm using in starfall, and change the thing to 290 (3.2U)? Or just delete the whole thing and just put a blank hacks.ini cuz starfall will have the hacks already instead?

Jizmo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
Ok thanks. Well, I've had starfall installed for a while and I've tested that the hacks work, if thats what you mean, so do I now just boot up the preloader .dol through HBC? Also, I'm still a bit hazy on the whole hacks.ini thing with preloader. Should I just delete all the hacks except for the 3 I'm using in starfall, and change the thing to 290 (3.2U)? Or just delete the whole thing and just put a blank hacks.ini cuz starfall will have the hacks already instead?

Read the PreLoader thread. It's all documented there very well. Yes you run the preloader .dol from HBC to install it. Do as the directions tell you. You enable/disable the preloader options from within the program.

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
K I installed it, works ok. What if I want to get rid of it? anyway to do so? Could I use anytitledeleter or something?

Also, I may just be paranoid, but is the Wii disc supposed to spin continuously when you are in the system menu... as soon as turn on my Wii it starts to spin, and doesn't stop until I do into the HBC or something. I just noticed this after installing PreLoader, not sure if they are related. Also, HBC seems to go back to sysmenu a LOT slower with preloader installed for some reason... I'd rather not have it can somebody tell me how to get rid of it?

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dmonkey21 said:
K I installed it, works ok. What if I want to get rid of it? anyway to do so? Could I use anytitledeleter or something?

Also, I may just be paranoid, but is the Wii disc supposed to spin continuously when you are in the system menu... as soon as turn on my Wii it starts to spin, and doesn't stop until I do into the HBC or something. I just noticed this after installing PreLoader, not sure if they are related. Also, HBC seems to go back to sysmenu a LOT slower with preloader installed for some reason... I'd rather not have it can somebody tell me how to get rid of it?

You can't.

Also The wii disc always spins in the system menu, it has to read it for it to goto the disc channel (or attempt).

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
to get rid of preloader simply run anytitle deleter and select the install system menu option. Make sure all the region settings match your wii first.

computerboy

Trophies
XP
Country
Swaziland
He probably does BUT NEVER FORGET NEVER UNINSTALL PRELOADER THROUGH ANY TITLE DELETER ALLWAYS OVERWRITE IT WITH A SYSTEM MENU FROM YOUR REGION!!!

digitydogs

404 Error: Member Not Found
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
yes i did mean anyregion changer... need to pay attention to what i type. And computerboy is right, never delete preloader. always install over top of it.

Phratt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
digitydogs said:
yes i did mean anyregion changer... need to pay attention to what i type. And computerboy is right, never delete preloader. always install over top of it.
Yeah and remember that for most things.

never uninstall System menus, IOS's, things like preloader, and ect. Most apps now days overwrite unless they tell you otherwise.

ether2802

we have the techno...!!
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Yes I he does mean AnyRegionChanger, or you can use the preloader remover (found at the fist post of the topic) and then just install a SysMenu_3.2.wad to revert the Preloader

dmonkey21

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
ether2802 said:
Yes I he does mean AnyRegionChanger, or you can use the preloader remover (found at the fist post of the topic) and then just install a SysMenu_3.2.wad to revert the Preloader
How do I get a sysmenu_3.2.wad? I'm tired so that is probably why, but all that comes to mind about system menu wads are the individual IOS ones like for cioscorp.

djdynamite123

Master Of Hardcore!
Banned
Trophies
Website
www.djdynamite.bravehost.com
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
How do I get a sysmenu_3.2.wad? I'm tired so that is probably why, but all that comes to mind about system menu wads are the individual IOS ones like for cioscorp.
you should know this already and search it yourself.....a big hint, check hackmii and search for semi brick disc fix....that's easy
smile.gif
or even easier, search google, I'm sure you'll find a few links and pages to forums with the links, i did*

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey