Ashleyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys / girls,

I have a SILLY problem which I hope you can help me with :-(

I have two Wii's .... One with the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma on it, and one that was bulk standard... So I decided to install the Softmii hack on the bulk standard Wii.
I'm using Preloader 0.27. Managed to fully install the Softmii hack.
OK... So I turn my system off, I turn it back on, and see the Preloader screen, I choose to RUN THE SYSTEM MENU... Now I can see the normal channel screen, great!!
I insert a backup game (BOOM BLOX) and click on the normal disc channel... and the Wii see's it. COOL!!!
So I click on Start or play or whatever it says... and then NOTHING!!!!!!! Just a BLACK screen. hmmmm, ok, I'll try ANOTHER game.... Exactly the same thing happens. So I try my backup discs in my OTHER Wii with the Backup Launcher 0.3 Gamma installed, and it boots up perfectly!!!

For reading a few comments here, I think my problem might be something to do with the 'Force Region', so I decided to try that this morning...... however, I couldn't sync up my Wiimote with my Wii with the Preloader screen ??

Does anyone know how to sync up the Wiimote? I'm obviously pressing both the sync buttons on the console and on the wiimote, but the wiimote just flashes, and doesn't sync up :-(
Any ideas?? Thanks in advance!!

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Mmm, 2 posts and both the same....

Why not make a third in the PreLoader 0.27 thread. That might keep thing organised.

Ashleyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FRanatic said:

Why not make a third in the PreLoader 0.27 thread. That might keep thing organised.

hmmmm, ok, thanks for the sarcasm!!!?
For your information and to other users on the forum, straight after my first post... located HERE which is the same as my post above, a mod closed the thread... so therefore I wasn't able to get an answer to my question, so therefore I created another thread so that I could get an answer.
No need for your sarcasm.

wiiv1.5owners3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i had same problem heres what i did
turn off wii rebot hold in reset button go to settings in PL and where you enabled everything on tutorial disable force region it worked for me and still plays NTSC and PAL let me know if this worked for you

dottor_male

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Have you tried to sync your wiimotes with red button on the wii and on your wiimote? This should force a sync. Also, if you set the autoboot to System menu, your wii will directly boot on system menu. If you want to acces preloader again, after you press the power button of the wii, keep pressing the reset button.

SanGor

Witchhunter
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
you can't sync your wiimotes while homebrew is running afaik. How did you managed to let the wii forget the paring ?
you try to use another (synced)wiimote, or a GC controller.
and you could try to connect with pressin 1+2 at the same time.
That are your options.

Ashleyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
wiiv1.5owners3 said:
i had same problem heres what i did
turn off wii rebot hold in reset button go to settings in PL and where you enabled everything on tutorial disable force region it worked for me and still plays NTSC and PAL let me know if this worked for you

Thanks for the reply, this is what I'm planning on doing... but this isn't my main problem, my main problem would be that my Wiimote wont Sync to the console ???
wacko.gif

Lets say..... Console with the Softmii is called Softmii, and the console with the Backup Loader is called BLoader.

Wiimote was connected to BLoader (as this is my ordinary console)
Wiimote was connected to Softmii (to install the preloader etc etc)
Tried a game on Softmii console, but couldn't get it to work
Wiimote was connected to Bloader and then game worked

After research, decided to try changing the 'Region thingy'

Tried connecting the Wiimote to the Softmii console, but nothing?? It wont sync up??

Sorry if my first post wasn't clear enough
rolleyes.gif

dottor_male said:
Have you tried to sync your wiimotes with red button on the wii and on your wiimote? This should force a sync. Also, if you set the autoboot to System menu, your wii will directly boot on system menu. If you want to acces preloader again, after you press the power button of the wii, keep pressing the reset button.

Yes, I'm pressing both Red sync buttons. Wiimote flashes as usual, but just doesn't sync. When I turn on the Wii, it says at the top that it should Autoboot into the System menu, but it doesn't?? Everytime I turn on the Wii, it goes straight to the Preloader screen??
unsure.gif

you can't sync your wiimotes while homebrew is running afaik. How did you managed to let the wii forget the paring ?
you try to use another (synced)wiimote, or a GC controller.
and you could try to connect with pressin 1+2 at the same time.
That are your options.

More details above on that
rolleyes.gif

I'll try 1+2 later, and I don't have a GC controller
hate2.gif
(I'll have to see if I can borrow my friends)

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ashleyuk said:
FRanatic said:

hmmmm, ok, thanks for the sarcasm!!!?
For your information and to other users on the forum, straight after my first post... located HERE which is the same as my post above, a mod closed the thread... so therefore I wasn't able to get an answer to my question, so therefore I created another thread so that I could get an answer.
No need for your sarcasm.

I was being sarcastic yes. But why open a new thread when a PreLoader thread is already up and running.
Two advantages when posting in existing threads:

1) Keep the forums organised
2) Let other users benefit from all solved problems, because it stays in 1 place and on the first page

Maybe I'm educating too much here...

PS
The reason the thread got closed, was because the OP said if too many irrelevant/stupid/noob questions were to flood the thread, he would let it close by one of the mods.
Well, that's what happened. And yes, you contributed...

I hope you get your problem solved though (---> seriously).

I presume you have installed the starfall hacks from AnyRegionChanger which came with the SoftMii pack.
If you do, you'll need a GC controller (get that from your friend, yes).
Put in any (retail) game and boot the Wii with the GC controller in port 1 AND hold Y (the game should autoboot)
Now, ingame, try to sync the wiimote.
If that works, exit the game and boot Preloader again (hold RESET on Boot)
Make sure you 'save settings' when selecting 'autoboot: Systemmenu' (this should get rid of the wii booting into PL menu at default)

Good Luck !

Ashleyuk

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
FRanatic why can't you just try and help people without being sarcastic?? I'm a new user to the forum, and having a sarcastic comment like yours doesn't make the forum look very good.
Yes maybe I should have posted my comment in the other thread, but still, your comment wasn't needed.

Regardless to weather I posted in the wrong place or not, at least I had some good and helpful responses from other users. Thanks.

FRanatic

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Ashleyuk said:
FRanatic why can't you just try and help people without being sarcastic?? I'm a new user to the forum, and having a sarcastic comment like yours doesn't make the forum look very good.
Yes maybe I should have posted my comment in the other thread, but still, your comment wasn't needed.

Regardless to weather I posted in the wrong place or not, at least I had some good and helpful responses from other users. Thanks.

To be honest, you should have read the forum rules as you are a new user.
Endless posts on the same subjects is what makes a forum look bad.
Please try to respect forum etiquette, make sure to read the stickies and use search before you post.
Please, accept this advise. I was being sarcastic, others are less 'civilised' and flame you 'till you are burned to the ground.

Make sure to read my advise on you problem in my previous post.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-