Hacking [Pre-release, WIP] Yet another rxTools?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
Can you use this if you already have a9lh+luma3ds?
Yeah they don't interfere with each other. However, this isn't working as a A9LH payload yet so you have to use a different entry point. Also, I'm not entirely sure the cfw works yet. It only fixes the "tools" part so far.

So I don't think you should use it in it's current condition. But if you still want to, then yeah go right ahead it wont break anything

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
I'm still using my latest official build with fw9.2 and latest emuNAND with no problems!
Just get all 3 firmware binary files from your previous installation! Old NATIVE_FIRM is no more available online

Last edited by duke_srg,

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I'm still using my latest official build with fw9.2 and latest emuNAND with no problems!
Just get all 3 firmware binary files from your previous installation! Old NATIVE_FIRM is no more available online
Yeah I did that, and I did some further investigations:
- Launched rxtools through spider to get the installation data done. While I remember hearing it takes a lot of tries to get it to complete the install without failing, I am now on my probably 10th try, always failing on the second "dot"
- Regardless of it failing, through this entry point, sysnand and emunand boot fine. pasta mode though gives a black screen

Hope that helps

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Yeah I did that, and I did some further investigations:
- Launched rxtools through spider to get the installation data done. While I remember hearing it takes a lot of tries to get it to complete the install without failing, I am now on my probably 10th try, always failing on the second "dot"
- Regardless of it failing, through this entry point, sysnand and emunand boot fine. pasta mode though gives a black screen
Hope that helps
The first question - is it booting something with al9h entry. The rest is does not matter now, since firmware was refactored and stable in my fork.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
The first question - is it booting something with al9h entry. The rest is does not matter now, since firmware was refactored and stable in my fork.
The arm9loaderhax.bin is booting rxtools menu if that's what you're asking. It's just none of the options work (launching sysnand or emunand give the native firm error like I mentioned, where it doesn't say so when launching through spider, and launching pasta mode freezes the console in a9lh, while it gives a black screen through spider)

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
The arm9loaderhax.bin is booting rxtools menu if that's what you're asking. It's just none of the options work (launching sysnand or emunand give the native firm error like I mentioned, where it doesn't say so when launching through spider, and launching pasta mode freezes the console in a9lh, while it gives a black screen through spider)
I got you message. Sounds good, I'll try to manual merge that fork changes into my fork. While I'm updating a toolchain, you can build or get the latest prebuild version of my fork and check it on your system, if you did not try it before.

Reactions: Madridi

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I got you message. Sounds good, I'll try to manual merge that fork changes into my fork. While I'm updating a toolchain, you can build or get the latest prebuild version of my fork and check it on your system, if you did not try it before.
Yeah haven't tried it yet. Will do so later tonight :)
Good luck with the merge. Hope it goes well, and I can test it out for you :)

adrifcastr

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
how did you compiled the binary though? I´m just getting a couple of errors

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
how did you compiled the binary though? I´m just getting a couple of errors
Libkhax needs to be updated. Since rxTools is using an old one, I manually download libkhax to replace this old one.

You can try out my AIO.bat if you're interested. It automates this for you. Search my thread for it.

Edit: Obviously I'm assuming that's the only error you have

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah they don't interfere with each other. However, this isn't working as a A9LH payload yet so you have to use a different entry point. Also, I'm not entirely sure the cfw works yet. It only fixes the "tools" part so far.

So I don't think you should use it in it's current condition. But if you still want to, then yeah go right ahead it wont break anything
So how would i run it on 11.2? Using the hbl cia?

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
So how would i run it on 11.2? Using the hbl cia?
I actually don't think there is an HBL version of it. Can't remember. This still uses old entry point, and hopefully @duke_srg can get it to work with a9lh soon.

In which case, unless I'm forgetting something really obvious here, I suppose you can't get it to work with 11.2 .. Only reason it works for us because our sysnand is still on 9.2, so we can still use spider exploit

Eastonator12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I actually don't think there is an HBL version of it. Can't remember. This still uses old entry point, and hopefully @duke_srg can get it to work with a9lh soon.

In which case, unless I'm forgetting something really obvious here, I suppose you can't get it to work with 11.2 .. Only reason it works for us because our sysnand is still on 9.2, so we can still use spider exploit
Ah, ok. So if I downgraded my emunand to 9.2could I use it?

duke_srg

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Just made a new branch which should build easily with clean toolchain setup (i.e. the most recent devkitPRO/devkitARM and ImageMagick). Also fixed one minor CakeHax build issue. The bad thing - at least Spider entry not working.

Madridi

Card Collector
Trophies
XP
Country
Qatar
I built your version branch earlier (btw the only problem with it was the need to update libkhax in cakebrah submodule), and I noticed a few things once I ran it through spider:
- I got a black screen, with a grey bar, installing stuff I suppose.. At some point, it got stuck
- I press any button, and I got a screen, with background, but there was no text at all. so I just powered off and tried again
- This time, it worked, and wow you did a fantastic job with the tools!
- I circled through the options, and I noticed the last two options in the dump section are not working, even though they are not greyed out. But I'm guessing you already know that

Just made a new branch which should build easily with clean toolchain setup (i.e. the most recent devkitPRO/devkitARM and ImageMagick). Also fixed one minor CakeHax build issue. The bad thing - at least Spider entry not working.
So, uh, if spider doesn't work, what works then? I doubt there is any usage for mset nowadays

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    D @ diamondsofmayhem: G'night!