[PRE-Release] PC FBI Server 2.0 Alpha

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by DD2XAlpha, Feb 11, 2019.

1. Hyper99

Hyper99 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    Venezuela
    @DD2XAlpha As the developer of this software, what are your thoughts on it? How do you think is different from Boop?

DD2XAlpha likes this.
  2. DD2XAlpha
    OP

DD2XAlpha Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    Mexico
    Well, boop has a transfer limit, my app (as far as I knew) didn't. But recently one person said he couldn't transfer 4.5Gb so yeah... xD.

Boop is a pure C# application, it uses some libraries to be able to connect to FBI.

Mine is a combination of C# and Python. As I say in the app, I use a script made by FBI owner Steveice10, I changed it a little bit to fulfill my goal of being able to send multiple CIA files, the script was already able to do it, but not in the way I wanted.

Let me explain. The script can send one or more CIA files. When you want to send more than one, the script will ask for a folder in a directory, it gets all the CIA files of the directory and send it to your 3DS... which for me was not ok. My goal was to make people to be able to send only the CIA files they wanted, so I changed the script to look only for the CIA files that the user wants. For now the unique limitation is that all the CIA files must be in one folder.

In conclusion, I am proud of this application. I have many projects I didn't release, but I hope someday I'll make another great app like this one.

Thanks for asking!

3. Hyper99

Hyper99 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 2, 2019
    Venezuela
    It seems this is a better option than boop. This morning I was trying to install a 1.3gb game and since my internet is very slow, it downloaded in like an hour and a half. But just when it was on 99%, the app, for some reason showed an error ((: I'll try your software and see if it works for me.

DD2XAlpha likes this.
  4. DD2XAlpha
    OP

DD2XAlpha Member

Newcomer
    Apr 26, 2016
    Mexico
    Hope it works great for you!

5. Karma_1233

Karma_1233 Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 12, 2019
    United States
    To those having issues with "Failed to install from URL" when transferring, Make sure to check all of your network settings.
    If you have multiple network adapters active, make sure the one you're using has priority.
    Don't have any Virtual Machines running - that caused an issue for me on one of my laptops.
    Also, try logging into your router and make sure you don't have any ports blocked by default (opening 5000 and 8080 locally for good measure).

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted