Homebrew [PRE-Release] PC FBI Server 2.0 Alpha

DD2XAlpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
@DD2XAlpha As the developer of this software, what are your thoughts on it? How do you think is different from Boop?
Well, boop has a transfer limit, my app (as far as I knew) didn't. But recently one person said he couldn't transfer 4.5Gb so yeah... xD.

Boop is a pure C# application, it uses some libraries to be able to connect to FBI.

Mine is a combination of C# and Python. As I say in the app, I use a script made by FBI owner Steveice10, I changed it a little bit to fulfill my goal of being able to send multiple CIA files, the script was already able to do it, but not in the way I wanted.

Let me explain. The script can send one or more CIA files. When you want to send more than one, the script will ask for a folder in a directory, it gets all the CIA files of the directory and send it to your 3DS... which for me was not ok. My goal was to make people to be able to send only the CIA files they wanted, so I changed the script to look only for the CIA files that the user wants. For now the unique limitation is that all the CIA files must be in one folder.

In conclusion, I am proud of this application. I have many projects I didn't release, but I hope someday I'll make another great app like this one.

Thanks for asking!

Hyper99

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Well, boop has a transfer limit, my app (as far as I knew) didn't. But recently one person said he couldn't transfer 4.5Gb so yeah... xD.

Boop is a pure C# application, it uses some libraries to be able to connect to FBI.

Mine is a combination of C# and Python. As I say in the app, I use a script made by FBI owner Steveice10, I changed it a little bit to fulfill my goal of being able to send multiple CIA files, the script was already able to do it, but not in the way I wanted.

Let me explain. The script can send one or more CIA files. When you want to send more than one, the script will ask for a folder in a directory, it gets all the CIA files of the directory and send it to your 3DS... which for me was not ok. My goal was to make people to be able to send only the CIA files they wanted, so I changed the script to look only for the CIA files that the user wants. For now the unique limitation is that all the CIA files must be in one folder.

In conclusion, I am proud of this application. I have many projects I didn't release, but I hope someday I'll make another great app like this one.

Thanks for asking!
It seems this is a better option than boop. This morning I was trying to install a 1.3gb game and since my internet is very slow, it downloaded in like an hour and a half. But just when it was on 99%, the app, for some reason showed an error ((: I'll try your software and see if it works for me.

Reactions: DD2XAlpha

DD2XAlpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
It seems this is a better option than boop. This morning I was trying to install a 1.3gb game and since my internet is very slow, it downloaded in like an hour and a half. But just when it was on 99%, the app, for some reason showed an error ((: I'll try your software and see if it works for me.
Hope it works great for you!

Karma_1233

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To those having issues with "Failed to install from URL" when transferring, Make sure to check all of your network settings.
If you have multiple network adapters active, make sure the one you're using has priority.
Don't have any Virtual Machines running - that caused an issue for me on one of my laptops.
Also, try logging into your router and make sure you don't have any ports blocked by default (opening 5000 and 8080 locally for good measure).

Emmerld

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I need some help Can I dm you

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Actually can you dm me, I dunno how to dm

rjwboys

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yestarday was useing boop and it was timeing out every time, downloaded this one and it worked with no problems ty

Last edited by rjwboys,

LinuxCat

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Since this is a python app, can i launch this on linux?

EDIT : i have a problem with python : the command to launch python is py, but your program is trying to launch python. That's making the program not working. Can you help me with that?

Last edited by LinuxCat,

DD2XAlpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Since this is a python app, can i launch this on linux?

EDIT : i have a problem with python : the command to launch python is py, but your program is trying to launch python. That's making the program not working. Can you help me with that?

Sorry for being late. I've been informed it works with wine

Sound98

Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
Hi, I can't use correctly the program, I installed Python 3.8 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home, downloaded the program and tried to install Pokemon Ultra Sun, but I have a few problems. First of all, I've been seeing that the program is supposed to recognize the game you are trying to install, but in my case that doesn't happen. The other thing is, when I press START, it opens CMD with only this line: C:\Users\nicoh\Desktop\PC FBI Server>, and nothing else happens. Am I missing some step? I also checked the PATH option when I installed Python, so I'm not really sure what could be happening. Also I tried to install Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and it didn't work either.
I changed the port to 8080, didn't work.
I run it as Admin, didn't work :(
I have a New 3DS xl, with FBI 2.6.0, and it still in the 'Waiting for connection...' screen, so I suppose it's not communicating with the program.
a.png b.png c.png

Last edited by Sound98,

LapCheong

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi, I can't use correctly the program, I installed Python 3.8 (64-bit) on Windows 10 Home, downloaded the program and tried to install Pokemon Ultra Sun, but I have a few problems. First of all, I've been seeing that the program is supposed to recognize the game you are trying to install, but in my case that doesn't happen. The other thing is, when I press START, it opens CMD with only this line: C:\Users\nicoh\Desktop\PC FBI Server>, and nothing else happens. Am I missing some step? I also checked the PATH option when I installed Python, so I'm not really sure what could be happening. Also I tried to install Pokemon Alpha Sapphire, and it didn't work either.
I have a New 3DS xl, with FBI 2.6.0, and it still in the 'Waiting for connection...' screen, so I suppose it's not communicating with the program.
View attachment 187191 View attachment 187192 View attachment 187193

Under windows setting
Apps & features
App execution aliases
uncheck everything for python
Should be working now

Last edited by LapCheong,

DD2XAlpha

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
View attachment 187191 View attachment 187192 View attachment 187193
I am so sorry that I couldn't attend you, I've been busy (and I am still busy). Hope you found a solution. If yes, please share it! I'd like to know!

Is strange that the app isn't able to run commands. Since I use a ton of commands to get the title ID so then I can get the image and game title. Somehow the app doesn't have permission to run commands....

PokeNev

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
PC FBI Server 2.0

Hello guys! I've been working hard to get my app PC FBI Server look and work awesome. But some bugs may still there, so if anyone has the opportunity of checking it and if a bug happen send a PM with a screen capture of it.

As far as I know, everything should work perfectly. But is always good to know what happen in other people machines.

What is PC FBI Server:
PC FBI Server is a tool for Windows with Python that can send a CIA file over the wifi, so you don't need to take off your SD/micro SD of your 3DS, put it on your PC and the need of have the double amount of the CIA size that you are going to install, and it installs it automatically!

Does it has trasnfer limit?
Nope, you can transfer larger CIAs without problem (NOTE: Apparently there is a size limit, the user @DualBladedKirito told me it can not transfer CIA files that it's size is up to 4.5Gb)

What I need to use it?
  • PC with Windows
  • Python 3 installed (you can download it from here)
  • 3DS with FBI installed
  • Wifi connection (PC and 3DS should be on the same network)
NOTE: Make sure Python is a PATH variable, if you don't know how to do it see this tutorial

How to use?
-On your 3DS open FBI, select 'Remote install' option, then select 'Receive URLs overt the network'
-On your PC, open PC FBI Server
-Fill the information required (3DS IP [Shown on your 3DS], CIA file, your PC IP and 3DS Port [Also in shown on the 3DS, usually 5000]
-Hit start
-In your 3DS a prompt should appear asking if you want to install, just press A.

What is new?

• Now it doesn't matter if the name of the CIA or folder has spaces or special symbols, those now are accepted!
  • Now with 3ds box covers! Powered by GameTDB to add style to the app. Thanks GameTDB
  • Ability of choosing preferences for PAL covers
  • Now with database thanks to 3dsdb.com and their XML database
  • Design of the app updated
  • Now when you select a CIA it displays it's name, region and titleID
  • Added Queuing!
  • Your PC IP and port 5000 will be already wrote on the textboxes!
  • For selecting a CIA to send in queuing, just check the little box in the 'State' column.
Images

Special thanks to @wrettcaughn for helping me to improve this application!

You can download it here:
https://github.com/DD2XAlpha/PC_FBIServer/releases/tag/2.0
Donations here :hrth::
https://www.paypal.me/dd2xalpha/

Official web:
https://dd2xalpha.github.io/PC_FBIServer/

Github Repository:
https://github.com/DD2XAlpha/PC_FBIServer
No shade no nothing. Let me start off by saying I respect you. But, I feel like you should leave FBI where it stands, it doesn’t need improvements, I feel you should shift your focus to the switch.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
No shade no nothing. Let me start off by saying I respect you. But, I feel like you should leave FBI where it stands, it doesn’t need improvements, I feel you should shift your focus to the switch.
You realize there is still enough people bitching on 3ds that FBI is sometimes slow as hell. We still do need some 3ds devs.

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria
PC FBI Server 2.0

Hello guys! I've been working hard to get my app PC FBI Server look and work awesome. But some bugs may still there, so if anyone has the opportunity of checking it and if a bug happen send a PM with a screen capture of it.

As far as I know, everything should work perfectly. But is always good to know what happen in other people machines.

What is PC FBI Server:
PC FBI Server is a tool for Windows with Python that can send a CIA file over the wifi, so you don't need to take off your SD/micro SD of your 3DS, put it on your PC and the need of have the double amount of the CIA size that you are going to install, and it installs it automatically!

Does it has trasnfer limit?
Nope, you can transfer larger CIAs without problem (NOTE: Apparently there is a size limit, the user @DualBladedKirito told me it can not transfer CIA files that it's size is up to 4.5Gb)

What I need to use it?
  • PC with Windows
  • Python 3 installed (you can download it from here)
  • 3DS with FBI installed
  • Wifi connection (PC and 3DS should be on the same network)
NOTE: Make sure Python is a PATH variable, if you don't know how to do it see this tutorial

How to use?
-On your 3DS open FBI, select 'Remote install' option, then select 'Receive URLs overt the network'
-On your PC, open PC FBI Server
-Fill the information required (3DS IP [Shown on your 3DS], CIA file, your PC IP and 3DS Port [Also in shown on the 3DS, usually 5000]
-Hit start
-In your 3DS a prompt should appear asking if you want to install, just press A.

What is new?

• Now it doesn't matter if the name of the CIA or folder has spaces or special symbols, those now are accepted!
  • Now with 3ds box covers! Powered by GameTDB to add style to the app. Thanks GameTDB
  • Ability of choosing preferences for PAL covers
  • Now with database thanks to 3dsdb.com and their XML database
  • Design of the app updated
  • Now when you select a CIA it displays it's name, region and titleID
  • Added Queuing!
  • Your PC IP and port 5000 will be already wrote on the textboxes!
  • For selecting a CIA to send in queuing, just check the little box in the 'State' column.
Images

Special thanks to @wrettcaughn for helping me to improve this application!

You can download it here:
https://github.com/DD2XAlpha/PC_FBIServer/releases/tag/2.0
Donations here :hrth::
https://www.paypal.me/dd2xalpha/

Official web:
https://dd2xalpha.github.io/PC_FBIServer/

Github Repository:
https://github.com/DD2XAlpha/PC_FBIServer

Hello.:)

Thank you for this great Tool.:bow:

It works great for me and saves everytime the Opening of the 3DS/SD Card changing !
Please keep up your Work,3DS needs still such Homebrew and their Developers.:yay:

Thank you for your Time and your Work.:)

robindb

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
cant download when i click the download icon on the home page it goes to a 404

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

i tried to download but when i click download icon on your homepage it gives an 404

Alexander1970

XP not matters.
Trophies
XP
Country
Austria

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.