Homebrew [Pre-Release] FFEE, material editor for Final Fantasy Explorers

Hayleia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
First of all, only cia build and no source due to my computer's power source which just died for no reason. So that old cia build is all I have right now. Obviously, since I used GPL'd stuff, I'll release the source (and a 3dsx version, but that doesn't violate licenses...) as soon as I get a new power source (or if I never do, I'll just get the drive out at some point but for now I'm lazy).

Anyway, why that when we already had this?
Well, first because Windows-only...
Second because even if it worked on other platforms, it would be too annoying to get my SD out everytime I just want a bit more of that specific material to craft my armor, so yeah, here's an editor that works directly on the 3DS (so whatever OS you're running on your PC, no one cares, this works for you even if you don't have a PC and want to edit stuff while in a plane).

(And to those who want to mention Filezilla and friends, first, that's still not faster than not transferring at all, and second, last times (yeah, several times) I used it I had problems with weird saves where I had all my stuff but no progression, and copying directly instead of using FTP resulted in a working save...).

However this only edits materials for now (because that's the only thing you may want to do quickly and often, you dont change your gender everyday) so this doesn't make other editors useless at all. This is just a farming killer, not a full editor.

And I don't know if that's because I didn't unlock some stuff yet or if there are really items with no names but when I gave myself all the items in my save, I had items with no name, which you can see as "--" in the list (at the bottom).
If they happen to be items I didn't unlock yet, I'll need a save from someone who unlocked them so that I can put their names where they should be (once I get access to the source again).

Cool stories, will you tell me how do I use it?
This only edits the first slot of the save extracted by JKSM in the "edit" folder (just remember that sentence, that's a tl;dr version of what's coming next).
So to use it:
  • extract your save using JKSM and name your backup "edit"
  • I obviously also advise you to make another backup, just in case anything goes wrong, and name it whatever you like
  • then launch FFEE, it will load the first slot
  • edit whatever you want using the arrow keys (and notice how scrolling is nice with that acceleration that allows you to edit precisely but also go wherever you want quite fast :P)
  • press START to exit, it automatically saves to the first slot
  • restore the "edit" backup with JKSM
And yeah, I planned to support at least the second slot too but my power source decided otherwise. And also maybe atmaliths and stuff but same reason.

Also notice that items are stored mostly in alphabetical order. "Mostly" because my order only cares about the first letters, not the whole name. Which means that "AAAAAAAAAAA" may come after"AAAAAAAAAAB" for no valid reason, but as long as you're in "AAA..." items, you should find what you want without problems so I didn't care that much.

Credits
Usual people for general 3DS homebrew development (they're surely fed up with alerts :P)
People on that thread such as @unknowndatax for offsets.

Attachments

• FFEE.cia.zip
    1.4 MB · Views: 648

Hayleia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Got a new power source for my PC so source is now online here https://github.com/Hayleia/FFEE
I'll edit the first post and make a real release on github (with 3dsx and stuff) when I stop being lazy or when someone shows interest (because for now, I feel alone on that thread :P).

And I just put the original first post in spoiler below for history purposes, no need to open that spoiler.
First of all, only cia build and no source due to my computer's power source which just died for no reason. So that old cia build is all I have right now. Obviously, since I used GPL'd stuff, I'll release the source (and a 3dsx version, but that doesn't violate licenses...) as soon as I get a new power source (or if I never do, I'll just get the drive out at some point but for now I'm lazy).

Anyway, why that when we already had this?
Well, first because Windows-only...
Second because even if it worked on other platforms, it would be too annoying to get my SD out everytime I just want a bit more of that specific material to craft my armor, so yeah, here's an editor that works directly on the 3DS (so whatever OS you're running on your PC, no one cares, this works for you even if you don't have a PC and want to edit stuff while in a plane).

(And to those who want to mention Filezilla and friends, first, that's still not faster than not transferring at all, and second, last times (yeah, several times) I used it I had problems with weird saves where I had all my stuff but no progression, and copying directly instead of using FTP resulted in a working save...).

However this only edits materials for now (because that's the only thing you may want to do quickly and often, you dont change your gender everyday) so this doesn't make other editors useless at all. This is just a farming killer, not a full editor.

And I don't know if that's because I didn't unlock some stuff yet or if there are really items with no names but when I gave myself all the items in my save, I had items with no name, which you can see as "--" in the list (at the bottom).
If they happen to be items I didn't unlock yet, I'll need a save from someone who unlocked them so that I can put their names where they should be (once I get access to the source again).

Cool stories, will you tell me how do I use it?
This only edits the first slot of the save extracted by JKSM in the "edit" folder (just remember that sentence, that's a tl;dr version of what's coming next).
So to use it:
  • extract your save using JKSM and name your backup "edit"
  • I obviously also advise you to make another backup, just in case anything goes wrong, and name it whatever you like
  • then launch FFEE, it will load the first slot
  • edit whatever you want using the arrow keys (and notice how scrolling is nice with that acceleration that allows you to edit precisely but also go wherever you want quite fast :P)
  • press START to exit, it automatically saves to the first slot
  • restore the "edit" backup with JKSM
And yeah, I planned to support at least the second slot too but my power source decided otherwise. And also maybe atmaliths and stuff but same reason.

Also notice that items are stored mostly in alphabetical order. "Mostly" because my order only cares about the first letters, not the whole name. Which means that "AAAAAAAAAAA" may come after"AAAAAAAAAAB" for no valid reason, but as long as you're in "AAA..." items, you should find what you want without problems so I didn't care that much.

Credits
Usual people for general 3DS homebrew development (they're surely fed up with alerts :P)
People on that thread such as @unknowndatax for offsets.

qq12345

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
Sorry to inform you but, the FFEE.cia doesnt work, i tried to launch it but it doesnt show up anything, after launch it just return to homescreen thats all
Hmm that's kinda strange, it worked perfectly for me. Do you have a jksm export for ffe named edit?only thing I can think of.
Ps: thanks for editor,saves me a lot of back and forth for simple materials =p

Last edited by qq12345,

Hayleia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry to inform you but, the FFEE.cia doesnt work, i tried to launch it but it doesnt show up anything, after launch it just return to homescreen thats all
Did you correctly extract your save in the right place (backup with JKSM and call it "edit")? Because exiting directly to homescreen is the exact behaviour that happens when it doesn't find anything to edit.

ninja'd

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I did, i extract it using Jksave and name it "edit" (i didnt move the folder either, it remain on folder saves that JKsave use) i also using the first slot save too

Attachments

• edit.jpg
    edit.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 410

Hayleia

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well then, that's weird.
I have 4 returns in my main function.
-one when the aforementioned file isn't found
-one when the buffer to which the file is copied can't be created (should never happen, except if you modified your save and extended its size to a huge one for some reason)
-one when trying to save to the file again, if the file can't be open (should never happen either, and you should see the interface before hitting that one anyway so it's not in cause here)
-one when everything went smoothly (you wouldn't complain if it was that one :P).

So really, I suspect the first one to be the one in cause here.
Could you check manually that you have a file in the exact location "JKSV/Saves/FINAL_FANTASY_EXPLORERS/edit/game0" on your SD card? Maybe there was a new version of JKSM at some point, and either you or I use a wrong location or something.

Reactions: miraclaime

miraclaime

custom themes maniac
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Alright i found my problem, after you said "JKSV / Saves" location and "new version of JKSM" though haha, up till now i didnt know that i have been using an outdated one, thanks for pointing that out to me, it works flawlessly now

Reactions: Hayleia

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: If you want a good system to port it to, at least have a good programmer and knowledge.