1. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Langrisser mobile is much superior if you want a tactical RPG anyways so not even gonna bother with this one as i've seen how they love constant powercreep in BE not to mention the horrible monetization lol

Everyone i know who played this new BE tactic say its horribly P2W, might as well make an account in Belgium since they and China get a proper version of the game with no micro transaction lol

Last edited by SS4, Feb 21, 2020
  2. jt_1258

jt_1258 Human?

United States
    This is the same company that does stuff like Final Fantasy XIII 2 so honestly it's not all that surprising XD

3. Fugelmir

Fugelmir GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    If I can't even name the thief "Rob People," what's the point?

Goku1992A likes this.
  4. Ericthegreat

Ericthegreat Not New Member

United States
    I been playing Another Eden (made by one of the creators of Chrono Trigger) I think it's easily the best cell phone jrpg, it's is a gacha, but is not neccesary (no timers, or anything like that, except some endgame dungeons,you can still do 4 times a day for free, and thats more then most would want to do anyway), and they give you a lot of free pulls.

5. kumikochan

kumikochan GBAtemp Psycho!

Belgium
    FF tactics is one of my go to games especially the GBA version but it seems since our country has banned gambling like Micro dlc that we'll get a dlc free version wich i'm all up for !

Last edited by kumikochan, Feb 22, 2020
    SS4 likes this.
  6. eriol33

eriol33 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Indonesia
    oh squenix, we have been demanding FFT on PC for ages, and you give us a an inferior game instead. pfft.

7. AbyssalMonkey

AbyssalMonkey GBAtemp Fan

Antarctica
    The problem with this style of game and "mobile" is the fact that they are entirely at design decisions against each other. Tactics games are effectively large, well-crafted puzzle boxes. This means the more units fielded, the larger the map, the more complex and therefore interesting the game can be. Another aspect to them is the resource management factor. Every tactics game has to deal with the fact that every level is worth some amount of resource, be that EXP or gold, and it is up to the player to determine how that exp is distributed, but it also means there is a very strict power curve for the game with a very tightly defined upper limit. You aren't going to have a level 20/20 FE character on the 7th map (unless you are in the old games with arenas).

Compare that with what mobile means: Less processing power to calculate enemy turns, so there can't be too many enemies and their actions can't be terribly complex. This directly means you can't field as many units either to help balance the power. This isn't necessarily damning, as handheld tactics games exist, but in order to reach a wide audience, they have to play to the lowest denominator, which means they're aiming for the power of a $200 budget phone and not a $800 flagship. Naturally this means the compute power is going to be pretty weak. Then there's the resource management: because they are going to have microtransactions, there is no power curve, there is no resource management. You have to scale the units or restrict what the player can bring. Neither of these are good for creating a puzzle-like situation at the best of times. Start adding in infinitely playable computer generated content? Forget about it.

An ongoing live service is not suitable for a tactics RPG game. Until we get super AI which can generate interesting challenges for your specific units on demand, these games need to be crafted by humans to be enjoyable.

GbaNober and Fugelmir like this.
  8. warweeny

warweeny GBAtemp Fan

Netherlands
    You replied to the wrong guy?
    This whole comment makes no sense lol.

9. Idaho

Idaho GBAtemp Advanced Fan

France
    I was thinking of that 2 or 3 months ago, "Why haven't they done that yet, it'd be a blast on mobile", well looks like they've done it, now time to waste time on this asap...

10. SS4

SS4 GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    Hard Pass unless you wanna work to fund your playtime :P
    Lets hope the 2 micro transaction free versions do good coz the gameplay looks good.

11. Kilim

Kilim ReiNX Official Dad™

United States
    its a shame that gumi made this game and theyre literal shit for gacha game companies

12. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

United Kingdom
    Hopefully it will be better than the last Brave Exvius mobile game - looked pretty, but barely held my attention past the tutorial.

Pluupy likes this.
  13. Pluupy

Pluupy _(:3」∠)_

United States
    Say no more, fam

14. Silent_Gunner

Silent_Gunner Lost Wanderer Who Sees No Evil

United States
    You just love playing contrarian, don't you? What, are you being sponsored by Raid: Shadow Legends now?

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Registration, Visions, Fantasy