Hacking Pre-modded, or buy new and mod it myself?

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
As per the title really - I'm after a black Wii at the moment, but can't decide whether to go for a brand new one and try to hack it myself (plus I already have about 20 games at my parents house so there'd be no rush!) - or whether just to go out and buy either a second hand, or pre-modded new one?

I know there are some fantastic guides on here, but I'm always a bit wary of these things to be honest. Not due to the quality of the guides, but due to my own ability to actually follow them, not guess at certain steps and brick my console :-)

fatherjack

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dont even think about gettin' a pre-modded - modding it yourself is more fun than the games
tongue.gif

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Haha, no it isn't!

/terrified of modding it
wink.gif

And thanks guys, not sure what to think about it then as I'm a shallow git and really wanted a black Wii (new one!)

I guess I could buy my parents that, and take their old white one as a swap deal? That way I could mod it (hopefully) without too much trouble and they'd get a nice new shiny Wii console?

Delta517

Its okay...Im a ninja ;)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
blizeH said:
Haha, no it isn't!

/terrified of modding it
wink.gif

And thanks guys, not sure what to think about it then as I'm a shallow git and really wanted a black Wii (new one!)

I guess I could buy my parents that, and take their old white one as a swap deal? That way I could mod it (hopefully) without too much trouble and they'd get a nice new shiny Wii console?

Yeah. The newer Wiis can't read backup from DVD. It's pretty simple to mod a Wii too.
tongue.gif

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Many thanks again guys, just look through the threads on here, can only find stuff about hacking pre 4.2 firmware... does that mean you actually can't hack the new/black Wiis at all, or just that you can only run from USB hard drive or USB drive?

89turbocs

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
there lots of guides for 4.2. if uou can't find something here check wiihacks. doing a softmod is really easy and straightforward if you follow a good guide. its best to do it yourself that way when it comes time to update, or add fun stuff like apps, and emulators and stuff, you'll have some understanding of how the stuff works

blizeH

OP
Trophies
Website
www.zestdesign.net
XP
Country
Thanks so much guys! And thanks so much XFlak - looks perfect that tool, just what I'm after! I've possibly jumped the gun a bit here since I'm not quite in my new place yet, but as soon as I move (a couple of weeks or so) I'll be investing in a new shiny new black Wii (I saw one the other day for £120 I think from Amazon!!) and running NUS on it
smile.gif

ayojoe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I say get that sweet new Black Wii bundle so you know it will run perfectly, and you'll be able to add what mods you want on it instead of what would already be on it (or what mods you don't know of). Modding is simple, especially on the Wii.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: @Xdqwerty, about to