Gaming Pre-made gaming desktops for around $1500?

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Soo I recently got a Lenovo gaming laptop (ideapad y560) for around 2.4 kk COP (thats around 1100 USD) and I am extremely happy with it, but Im thinking that when I get a new rig Ill go desktop instead. So Im wondering what specs I could expect for around 1300 or 1400 USD, or for 1800 which I chose as my absolute cash limit. Also Im asking for specs from pre-made pc stuff (no building ty) hopefully from mainstream companies (dell/alienware, hp, asus, sony, apple, etc) since where I live we only have that kind of brand, and I dont feel like ordering something that expensive online from the States. Ty
wink.gif

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, if you are buying prebuilt PC, around that price range you should expect poor to decent gaming PC. Decent meaning for the most part it can run games at medium settings (sometimes high). Definitely will have trouble like running Crysis. What OEM is doing is spending money on unneeded stuff like ultra high memory while ignoring GPU the most. Some OEMs do offer some nice gaming PC around your price range.

Honestly, if you are welling to spend this much go with DIY. Much much better performance per bucks. May I ask why you would prefer an OEM PC?

CCNaru

Warn-free Since 2005
Trophies
Website
google.com
XP
Country
United States
Poor to decent? Are you from 10 years ago? 1300 will get you borderline top of the line stuff... I'm running all the new games fine with a $500 rig right now.

edit: poor if Apple. you'd have to cough up at least 2k to get good Apple computers. Sony sucks, Alienware is overpriced, I like HP myself but they're kinda generic looking, never tried asus.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Well I've been looking into the Alienware Aurora because Alienware because it's the only gaming-oriented brand they sell here, but I don't know if any of these other brands sell gaming-level desktops (not laptops) so if someone could tell me it'd be awesome!

Dell, HP, Lenovo, Sony, Asus, Samsung, Toshiba

btw I'm just looking for opinions, I wont actually buy a new pc in 4 or more years :S

marcus134

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
If you take time to look around, you'll find a lot of small computer shop that sells clones.
If you don't want to build it yourself but still want to keep the performance/$ advantage of self built computer offer, this is your best solution.

Most "gaming" computer coming from brands are either cheap and under performing, overpriced, or not equipped with the right stuff.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Anything you will buy now will be outdated in 4 years... so you might as well just come back in 4 years and ask the same question.
laugh.gif

Originality

Chibi-neko
Trophies
Website
metalix.deviantart.com
XP
Country
jan777 said:
Anything you will buy now will be outdated in 4 years... so you might as well just come back in 4 years and ask the same question.
laugh.gif
+1. google "dream machines" now to get an idea of what people put in their high-end prebuilt computers, but in 4years the entire Market will have changed twice. Moor's law.

Chhotu uttam

DOH HO HO HO
Trophies
XP
Country
India
If you feel that you that you can't build a PC,then just take the parts to a computer store and pay them for making it
tongue.gif

BUt still you can save much of the money if you build one rather than getting a pre-built computer

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
Minion4Hire said:
1) Diminishing returns: The more money you spend on computer hardware, the smaller and smaller your performance increases become. For example, in regards to multi-GPU setups, after your second graphics cards the performance gains are often mere fractions of what each extra card is capable of due to both hardware and software limitations. There's a certain point where you have to consider whether spending another $500 for a 3% frame rate improvement is really a smart purchasing decision.

2) Rapid obsolescence: PC hardware becomes out dated VERY quickly. If you spend $7000 on a computer now, in 2 years time (possibly less) you could build a computer for $2000 (possibly less) that would handily outperform the $7000 system. It would be MUCH smarter to build a completely new $2000 computer every year for 3 years than spend $7000 on one computer and expect it to last you for 3 years.

davidsl_128

GBAtemp Brightsider
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Colombia
Ok Ill just wait till the time comes to ask again... I dont think Id spend too much on it anyway, I tried making my dream machine in the iBuyPower page and all in all it costed $2000, while the same exact build for an alienware Area51 costed just $200 more. I cant wait to see what kind of rig 2k will net me in four years!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    MrNoobNub @ MrNoobNub: why is everyone so horny