Pre-made gaming desktops for around $1500?

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by davidsl_128, Sep 10, 2011.

Sep 10, 2011
  1. davidsl_128
    OP

Member davidsl_128 GBAtemp Brightsider

Colombia
    Soo I recently got a Lenovo gaming laptop (ideapad y560) for around 2.4 kk COP (thats around 1100 USD) and I am extremely happy with it, but Im thinking that when I get a new rig Ill go desktop instead. So Im wondering what specs I could expect for around 1300 or 1400 USD, or for 1800 which I chose as my absolute cash limit. Also Im asking for specs from pre-made pc stuff (no building ty) hopefully from mainstream companies (dell/alienware, hp, asus, sony, apple, etc) since where I live we only have that kind of brand, and I dont feel like ordering something that expensive online from the States. Ty [​IMG]

2. trumpet-205

Member trumpet-205 Embrace the darkness within

United States
    Well, if you are buying prebuilt PC, around that price range you should expect poor to decent gaming PC. Decent meaning for the most part it can run games at medium settings (sometimes high). Definitely will have trouble like running Crysis. What OEM is doing is spending money on unneeded stuff like ultra high memory while ignoring GPU the most. Some OEMs do offer some nice gaming PC around your price range.

Honestly, if you are welling to spend this much go with DIY. Much much better performance per bucks. May I ask why you would prefer an OEM PC?

3. CCNaru

Member CCNaru Warn-free Since 2005

United States
    Poor to decent? Are you from 10 years ago? 1300 will get you borderline top of the line stuff... I'm running all the new games fine with a $500 rig right now.

edit: poor if Apple. you'd have to cough up at least 2k to get good Apple computers. Sony sucks, Alienware is overpriced, I like HP myself but they're kinda generic looking, never tried asus.

4. trumpet-205

United States
  5. trumpet-205

United States
  6. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Well I've been looking into the Alienware Aurora because Alienware because it's the only gaming-oriented brand they sell here, but I don't know if any of these other brands sell gaming-level desktops (not laptops) so if someone could tell me it'd be awesome!

Dell, HP, Lenovo, Sony, Asus, Samsung, Toshiba

btw I'm just looking for opinions, I wont actually buy a new pc in 4 or more years :S

7. marcus134

Member marcus134 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    If you take time to look around, you'll find a lot of small computer shop that sells clones.
    If you don't want to build it yourself but still want to keep the performance/$ advantage of self built computer offer, this is your best solution.

Most "gaming" computer coming from brands are either cheap and under performing, overpriced, or not equipped with the right stuff.

8. jan777

Member jan777 motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz

Philippines
    Anything you will buy now will be outdated in 4 years... so you might as well just come back in 4 years and ask the same question. [​IMG]

9. Originality

Member Originality Chibi-neko

United Kingdom
    +1. google "dream machines" now to get an idea of what people put in their high-end prebuilt computers, but in 4years the entire Market will have changed twice. Moor's law.

10. Chhotu uttam

Member Chhotu uttam DOH HO HO HO

India
    If you feel that you that you can't build a PC,then just take the parts to a computer store and pay them for making it [​IMG]

BUt still you can save much of the money if you build one rather than getting a pre-built computer

11. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States

12. davidsl_128
    OP

Colombia
    Ok Ill just wait till the time comes to ask again... I dont think Id spend too much on it anyway, I tried making my dream machine in the iBuyPower page and all in all it costed $2000, while the same exact build for an alienware Area51 costed just $200 more. I cant wait to see what kind of rig 2k will net me in four years!

13. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    It'll be about the same as today if you count it compared to the games that existed at the time, I guess.