NULL

RELEASE PPSSPP Switch Beta Release

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by m4xw, Apr 8, 2019.

1. mattyxarope

mattyxarope Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 15, 2019
    United States
    As I said I've tried that.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

In the end, completely reinstalling Retroarch and PPSSPP's core fixed it. Needless to say: don't mess with that setting!

2. xXDungeon_CrawlerXx

xXDungeon_CrawlerXx GBAtemp Addict

Jul 29, 2015
    Liverpool
    Is there a compatibility list for psp games already? (with average FPS numbers)

3. masagrator

masagrator File digger

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    I don't think it's necessary right now until dynarec core will be released.

4. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Doesnt know how Retroarch works. Gives advice to others.

This setting is stored in core options, or game options .cfg files (if you have created an individual game configuration file, by clicking on "create individual game configuration file). Just because you dont know where to look for those cfg files, doesnt mean everyone else has to be especially careful.

No really, it doesnt. :)

5. m4xw
    OP

m4xw Ancient Deity

May 25, 2018
    Germany
    The crashlog just means that exit() is called.
    But yea the option currently doesnt work.
    Not in your lifetime.

-Pao likes this.
  6. gnmmarechal

gnmmarechal GBAtemp Guru

GBAtemp Patron
    gnmmarechal is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 13, 2014
    Portugal
    https://gs2012.xyz
    I could be wrong, but I don't think that's a thing in RetroArch itself.

Mambila2001 likes this.
  7. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    Its on, but when I turned up the swap interval von 1 to 2, it got so much better. Made the menu stutter though but that's an acceptable tradeoff
    Thanks

edit: the setting does mess with some games like bust a move, that seemingly ran 60fps.

Last edited by Clydefrosch, Apr 11, 2019
  8. notimp

notimp GBAtemp Addict

Sep 18, 2007
    Currently you dont need GPU OC. On IR-Jit the benefits are none to very minimal (imho - only tested on Persona 2). In Jit they are larger - but Jit isnt in a releasable state yet.

FYI God of War Chains of Olympus will eventually run at playable speeds. Probably. ;)

Heres a video of it at 1,5 GHz CPU OC and 460 MHz GPU OC, with the 30 fps patch - almost in fullspeed. This was captured on a frankencore (test build) that had parts jit and parts interpreter code running, that will probably ruin your savestates and eat your your switch alive - but still, its a fun glimps. :)

https://streamable.com/p8x9f

Don't take this as a state of how "done" JIT is, because this isnt even proper jit. Means nothing, is just fun to look at. :)

3x resolution. :)

Last edited by notimp, Apr 11, 2019
  9. djluis49

djluis49 Member

Newcomer
    Sep 6, 2017
    Dominican Republic
    Does this work on Reinx?

10. Brawl345

Brawl345 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 14, 2012
    Germany
    It works on EVERY CFW that has the JIT patches (so ReiNX and SX OS too).Theoretically. Just don't report issues when you don't use Atmosphère/Kosmos. Works fine here with SX OS.

11. steven89

steven89 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Dec 17, 2016
    i ran into this issuse as well, to sort it i done an over clock and restarted retroarch loaded up my game sorted
    now playing yu-gi-oh tag force

12. Gans_41

Gans_41 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Heya!

Using atmosphere, last version, installed all step by step but whenever I launch my .iso it freezes the whole switch, any clue what can be the problem? Iso seems fine using PPSSPP on PC. Reformated the card to FAT32 since first tries were on exFAT, trying to boot crisis core at present.

My knowledge is quite limited, just begun only with Atmosphere and to add some New Threat mod on a fresh FF7 playthrough so please don't go super indepth on how to "fix" it :D

Regards!

13. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    hold R while starting any game on your switch (not album) and go to retroarch from there.

also, potentially you might have to put both the iso and retroarch on the sd card freshly, as files could have been corrupted during your exfat crashes.

14. Gans_41

Gans_41 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Dope! all sorted, seems something went badly with exFAT, all working super good! Just trying to find how to access the core configuration while the game is loaded, is there a hotkey I need to press? (tried to find it across the thread but either I'm blind or everyone takes for granted it's basic knowledge)

15. Clydefrosch

Clydefrosch GBAtemp Guru

Jan 2, 2009
    Germany
    I'm not sure what the default setting is, it might be l+r+minus+plus or clicking both sticks at the same time or holding plus?

otherwise, you need to go to input settings i think and set a hotkey before you load a game. personally, i use R3 for the menu.

also, check your installed games, if there was some corruption issue, a few of them might not be working anymore too

16. Krayziezay13

Krayziezay13 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 3, 2019
    United States
    hey can you pm when you get a chance

17. Gans_41

Gans_41 Member

Newcomer
    Apr 11, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Went for full reinstall, luckily didn't have much.

Minus and plus worked, so many thanks for that! Pretty sure all I asked had already been answered, so many thanks :)

Regards!

Clydefrosch likes this.
  18. ComicMaster148

ComicMaster148 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 23, 2018
    United States
    its not working for me

pinbi7 likes this.
  19. xavier_cross31

xavier_cross31 Newbie

Newcomer
    Oct 24, 2006
    Canada
    Tried with Valkyrie Profile Lenneth, and all I get after the joystick calibrating is a blank screen? any one tried that one yet?

20. pinbi7

pinbi7 GBAtemp Regular

Apr 4, 2004
    Canada
    Works for me!

21. FanNintendo

FanNintendo GBAtemp Fan

Apr 16, 2018
    United States
    Transfer my save file from PSP to Switch on Ridge Racer 2 much better with full screen than PSP 2000/3000 a/v plug in and it ran beautifully!

lordelan likes this.