black jonh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
:yay:
hello friends I am new here and am very happy for the add,
Would you like to request that I'm sure many people would be happy to see: ppsspp port for wii! Whoever can do this port will be very respected by many deem just make it difficult (although possible)
the port is interesting that the games that the Wii has not received
Assasin creed, tekken, etc. ... would be nice to see these games on wii consoles others received these song for that reason for this is as interesting as it will bring these games to the wii!
hope there's someone with the ability to push the limits and show who is good at emulation.
Thank you and good luck're cheering!

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There are sure lots of thing people would like to see, but if there is not interest from the people who poses the knowledge and knowhow to do it, its not going to get done.

The next step is you. You start researching, learning code, and eventually try to port it over. I dont know off the top of my head but that might be tough if PPSSPP isnt open sourced.

There is a good chance that isnt going to happen.

Aurora Wright

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
:yay:
hello friends I am new here and am very happy for the add,
Would you like to request that I'm sure many people would be happy to see: ppsspp port for wii! Whoever can do this port will be very respected by many deem just make it difficult (although possible)
the port is interesting that the games that the Wii has not received
Assasin creed, tekken, etc. ... would be nice to see these games on wii consoles others received these song for that reason for this is as interesting as it will bring these games to the wii!
hope there's someone with the ability to push the limits and show who is good at emulation.
Thank you and good luck're cheering!
The Wii struggles to run DS games, PSP is way more powerful (2x333mhz processors)

XDel

Author of Alien Breed: Projekt Odamex
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Indeed, your best hope at seeing a PSP emulator run on a Nintendo product is to keep your fingers crossed and hope that they find a way to run home spun code on the Wii U...

...which would be cooler anyhow because of the Gamepad. :)

In the mean time there is a Playstation and N64 emulator available for the Wii, though the last I tried them they were not evolved as far as the ones on the classic XBOX are.

black jonh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
PPSSPP 0.91 Alpha version version xbox 30

Proof of concept.

Based on PPSSPP 0.91.

Usage:
put a psp iso name psp.iso is the same directory as default.xex

What have been done:
Fast ppc jit (Can be used in wii/wiiu/ps3). Give a 10x to 20x speedup ! (WII)
DirectX9 backend (Can be ported to Win dows), miss some lights and framebuffer effects.

What need to be done next:
Finish the ppc jit, 70/80% of the opcode are recompiled, need slow memory paths.
Finish the DirectX9 Backend. Fix framebuffers, lights issues.
Port FFMpeg for sound and video playback.
Port the Atrac3+
Add a gui

Know bugs:
Jit doesn’t work in real devkit.
In some games can’t go in game because of missing video/sound playback => use a save games.
Some games are slow (Monster hunter 2) set VertexCache = true to give a big speed up ! Use this with caution! 360 have few memory !
Random crashes => Can be fixed by using setting Jit = false and FastMemory = false, but it will slowdown as hell !

Lighting issues on Ridger Racer.
Framebuffer issues.

Want to helps ?
This projects is really big, if you have any skills and want to help you are welcome !
No need for help for testing game, I don’t care about this really at this moment, if it doesn’t work yet, wait for the next version.
I need a real devkit.
Donate at https://www.paypal.com/cgi-bin/webscr?cm...aNonHosted

http://www.ppsspp.org/development.html (wii possible)

Reactions: Maxternal

Maxternal

Peanut Gallery Spokesman
Trophies
Website
gbadev.googlecode.com
XP
Country
Well, looks like the thing IS open sourced-ish
BUT
as mentioned before, the Wii already has a little trouble emulating the PSOne and N64 which both also use MIPS processors but only run at 34MHz and 94MHz respectively. The PSP's 333MHz would be really pushing it.
The Wii also would have to do something about it's RAM because memory seems to pose a problem with those other emulators, too, and the PSP has considerably more than they do so the Wii would probably have to create a swap file of sorts which would further slow things down.

I'd say you'd have to wait for that to be emulated on Wii U (MAYBE with 3 cores in vWii mode ... but that's yet to be seen)

EDIT: Well, previous post looks like someone who knows more about this than I. Looks like I got ninja'd

black jonh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Got it, but I believe that in time it will be possible to break these boundaries. someone will get it I'm sure!
I remember an emulator that ran on sega dreamcast called: NEO GEO AES's CHUI
he managed to break the problems of RAM and the dreamcast could run several games even with some legs.:yaywii:

Wiimpathy

Trophies
XP
Country
France
About 0 probability. And ram isn't the only limit. It's using GL and porting/optimizing would be a lot of work. The xbox360 port has no sound yet and the specs aren't the same.
We don't even have a fully working negeo emulator on Wii.
Maybe for Wii-U in a few years...

black jonh

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
It's a shame I do not see advantage in most other games consoles have for Them, not the wii had thought Therefore important port even if it was like that of the 360 without sound.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    The snack that smiles back, Ballsack!
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @AncientBoi