Hardware [PPOTW] Will you be buying a 2DS?

Will you be buying a 2DS?

• Yes

Votes: 53 7.9%
  • No

Votes: 469 69.7%
  • Maybe

Votes: 127 18.9%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 24 3.6%

• Total voters

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I play with 3ds on max all the time and appreciate games with good 3d, so the 2ds is pointless to me. Also, +1 to there will never be a 3ds revision with 2 sticks. They've had plenty of time to do it in. There's also what, like 5 games currently that can currently even use the 2nd stick? It's not like they are going update all the past games, or make it required for mnew games.

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I personally think it's a great idea, because alot of people can't afford a $170.00 price tag. $130.00 is just way more affordable. If I ever get a one of these to play 3ds games, I would get a 2ds, because my dad wont buy me anything video game related and I only make $40 a week (I'm 13).

EtahnJay144

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This isnt even as big of a fail as when they took gamecube compatibility away from the wii, but kept the same FUCKING price.

Strife89

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
goo.gl
XP
Country
United States
Maybe - particularly if the price goes down - for use as a backup system. I do my best to take care of my handhelds, but accidents happen.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I selected "Other" simply because I will be buying the 2DS in a very distant future and only for collector purposes - I have no intention to actually use it as a gaming system since its older 3D brothers are far superior to it.

SSG Vegeta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In the beginning I thought it was ugly but I changed my mind after seeing the blue black model I have a broken touch screen on my 3DS so I will give the 2DS a shot if I don't it I'll return it

Mythrix

Trophies
XP
Country
I bought the 3DS when it first came out, and I'm still using that same 3DS! No reason to buy a new one. On a related note I'm also still using the 1st gen iPad, works fine for Netflix and Crunchyroll. :P

Although the touch screen has started going bad... On the original DS I actually replaced the touch screen a few times just to save the money on buying a new one even after the new revisions came out.

But I'm not sure if I feel like replacing the touch screen on the 3DS, somehow have a feeling that it might be more difficult. Maybe when there is a new 3DS revision out that I actually want, so I can just tell myself that "if I break the 3DS when replacing the touch screen, I'll buy the new one". Like one with two circle pads built-in, lol. :P

superspudz2000

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
one of the major problems with the DS line was the flaky hinges, they become loose, and some are even quite loose when you buy it. if you can eliminate the problem alltogether then isnt that a good thing.

i know a lot of people use portables at home. when the TV is unavilable, or before bed, or on the toilet. so any Aesthetic downsides are a moot point really.

a game system doesn't need to be "sexy", it just needs to work. (see original gameboy)

Bobbyloujo

I am a millipede, I am amazing.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would consider it if I didn't already have a classic 3DS. I don't mind the tablet design. Kind of reminds me of the older Game Boys.

GBA rocks

Trophies
XP
Country
I will buy 2 (both colors), download Super Street Fighter IV from the eShop on each (download play is for cheapstakes) and use them to hold local wifi tournaments among my guests.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: 50% closer to getting my teeth fixed +3