Hardware Powersave Cartridge not detected

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, so for Christmas, I got a powersaves. When I plugged in the powersaves, put in the cartridge, and launched the program, the program could not find the cartridge. I tried unplugging the powersave then plugging it back in, I tried rebooting the computer. Is there anything I am doing wrong? could it be broken? I have tested with SSB (Super Smash Bros), ACNL (Animal Crossing New Leaf), AS (Pokémon Alpha Saphire).

Thanks for any help.

I have a HP computer windows 10 and a DELL computer windows 8, neither work with it.

Last edited by Aletron9000,
D

Deleted-379826

Sometimes this happens to me too! Try blowing into the powersaves, it works for me sometimes. I also found on certain computers it just didn't work at all for me. Very strange indeed.

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sometimes this happens to me too! Try blowing into the powersaves, it works for me sometimes. I also found on certain computers it just didn't work at all for me. Very strange indeed.

thanks, but it still isn't working, I am also updating the post with the information of the two computers I am using.

Last edited by Aletron9000,

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling the software, make sure your login and key are correct.. Open the program first, then plug in the device, once that's detected, plug in the game.. I'm still waiting for a response from them about a save its been 6 months..

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Try reinstalling the software, make sure your login and key are correct.. Open the program first, then plug in the device, once that's detected, plug in the game.. I'm still waiting for a response from them about a save its been 6 months..

once the program was opened, it said "no hardware detected", so I plugged in the powersave. It then said "Insert your game cartridge". I put in a cartridge, but nothing happend. I tried reinstalling the software, but nothing.

OfficialFBomb

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well that means the software and hardware are working fine, it just can't find codes for your game.. Are you sure the key is correct and your using the latest version of software?

icet

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I would try a different USB cable the one supplied is not the best won't always pick up cartridge and sometimes loses connection when editing your save have had this problem myself

alex257

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
ok, this has happened to me too,but only on my pokemon games(not sure why).what i did and worked every time,is rubbing the lowest part of the cartrige(the one with all the lines and metal stuff) with some alcohol or rubbing alcohol(i dont know the difference between the two).sometimes,it seems everything is clear and that it should work fine,but in reality dirt,jerms and dust is there,interupting the joins between the cartrige and powersave.this worked for me and i wish you best of luck....please note that i dont recommend using it immediately after the alcohol was applied.just wait 5 minutes or so and then proceed

Last edited by alex257,

Aletron9000

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would try a different USB cable the one supplied is not the best won't always pick up cartridge and sometimes loses connection when editing your save have had this problem myself

I tried that, didn't work.

ok, this has happened to me too,but only on my pokemon games(not sure why).what i did and worked every time,is rubbing the lowest part of the cartrige(the one with all the lines and metal stuff) with some alcohol or rubbing alcohol(i dont know the difference between the two).sometimes,it seems everything is clear and that it should work fine,but in reality dirt,jerms and dust is there,interupting the joins between the cartrige and powersave.this worked for me and i wish you best of luck....please note that i dont recommend using it immediately after the alcohol was applied.just wait 5 minutes or so and then proceed

Thank you, hopefully this is the issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: I can't figure out how to run a game on mig switch oh well