Question Powering off with Atmosphere with AutoRCM

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Elalexyzoner, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Elalexyzoner
    OP

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    Hi, as many of you know, there was a problem with AutoRCM that leads to drain all the battery if you dont power off correctly, my question is, you can power off the switch (and then inject the payload again) normally...? i mean, it doesn't Turn on when you press any button..? or this problem persist with the new update...? thanks!

2. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    By default, you need a jig if you don't want to use autoRCM, AutoRCM also preserves your fuse, If you take care of your unit battery you should be fine on AutoRCM, I just charge mine every few days.

3. Elalexyzoner
    OP

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    For example, if i have AutoRCM and i power it off... it does turn off, but idk if i touch a single button it will ''Turn on'' in AutoRCM and thus, draining battery

4. CompSciOrBust

CompSciOrBust Member

Newcomer
    Sep 9, 2019
    United Kingdom
    Elalexyzoner likes this.
  5. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    As long you properly shut down your unit you should be fine, even if you shut off your switch and leave it untouched like a few days the battery would drain, that is just how lithium ion battery is like, If you let it the battery die too many time the battery life cycle would go lower.

6. Elalexyzoner
    OP

Elalexyzoner Alex95

Jun 5, 2016
    Mexico
    Near Texas
    Thanks! this is what i've been looking for! very appreciated.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Yep, but the battery will not drain and get the switch overheated, that is my point, happened to me once lol

7. Hayato213

Hayato213 GBAtemp Guru

Dec 26, 2015
    United States
    When not in use no, it doesn't get warm at all, I have units with modchip and I just leave it on sleep mode when not in used, never get hot, I don't leave the screen on though, just in sleep mode when not in used, if you is getting hot , it is time to replace your thermal paste, probably dry up.

Elalexyzoner likes this.
  8. Shawnm355

Shawnm355 Member

Newcomer
    Feb 28, 2017
    Canada
    ive knotesed it in multipule os's but i just never turn off my concle and charge it every few days. that take care of that for me

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted