Homebrew Question Powering off with Atmosphere with AutoRCM

• Thread starter Deleted User
  • Start date
  • Views 3,674
  • Replies 7
D

Deleted User

OP
Hi, as many of you know, there was a problem with AutoRCM that leads to drain all the battery if you dont power off correctly, my question is, you can power off the switch (and then inject the payload again) normally...? i mean, it doesn't Turn on when you press any button..? or this problem persist with the new update...? thanks!

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
By default, you need a jig if you don't want to use autoRCM, AutoRCM also preserves your fuse, If you take care of your unit battery you should be fine on AutoRCM, I just charge mine every few days.

D

Deleted User

OP
By default, you need a jig if you don't want to use autoRCM, AutoRCM also preserves your fuse, If you take care of your unit battery you should be fine on AutoRCM, I just charge mine every few days.
For example, if i have AutoRCM and i power it off... it does turn off, but idk if i touch a single button it will ''Turn on'' in AutoRCM and thus, draining battery

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
As long you properly shut down your unit you should be fine, even if you shut off your switch and leave it untouched like a few days the battery would drain, that is just how lithium ion battery is like, If you let it the battery die too many time the battery life cycle would go lower.

D

Deleted User

OP
This used to be a problem but since version 0.8.4 Atmosphere will properly shut down the system as long as you power down from the power menu. https://github.com/Atmosphere-NX/Atmosphere/releases/tag/0.8.4
Thanks! this is what i've been looking for! very appreciated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

As long you properly shut down your unit you should be fine, even if you shut off your switch and leave it untouched like a few days the battery would drain, that is just how lithium ion battery is like, If you let it the battery die too many time the battery life cycle would go lower.
Yep, but the battery will not drain and get the switch overheated, that is my point, happened to me once lol

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks! this is what i've been looking for! very appreciated.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yep, but the battery will not drain and get the switch overheated, that is my point, happened to me once lol

When not in use no, it doesn't get warm at all, I have units with modchip and I just leave it on sleep mode when not in used, never get hot, I don't leave the screen on though, just in sleep mode when not in used, if you is getting hot , it is time to replace your thermal paste, probably dry up.

Reactions: Deleted User

Shawnm355

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
ive knotesed it in multipule os's but i just never turn off my concle and charge it every few days. that take care of that for me

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    ubisoft should #stopkillinggames ngl
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    sony should #stopkillinggames
  • Badcatalex @ Badcatalex:
    they killed LittleBigPlanet online, which was the main core of every LBP game
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    for real
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    at least with them, it was because of the DDOS attacks, ubisoft was just scummy
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck ubisoft, and fuck activision
    +1
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    Nintendo needs to release a new console, switch is getting such shitty little games lately lol it's pathetic
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    Lmao a new flashcart... The Unlock Switch... I knew it's not fake xD
    +1
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    A new consoles won't solve that problem
  • NinStar @ NinStar:
    It will actually make it worse
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    well actually
    a new console won't do anything right now, because the games are still in development, that's why there are few games being released
    it won't make the games finish any faster
  • Veho @ Veho:
    2/3rds of launch titles for the Switch 2 will just be lazy ports of Switch games anyway.
    probably
    maybe mario kart 9 will be a launch title
    i really want a new mario kart
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What, you mean the endless stream of DLCs doesn't count?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Why develop a new game when you can just sell season passes forever?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm still on MKDS so I'm not bothered :tpi:
    i like the dlc tbh, i'd like a new game more
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    but the current version is still selling fine at full price
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Hello
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    sup
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @realtimesave, You seen the Unlock Switch flashcart yet?