Hacking Power wire replacement/repair?

Puma

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Recently I had found out my hinge cracked in half on my DSlite. I did some research and saw that in '06 Nintendo admitted to it and fixed any consoles for free. Knowing this, I called them up, and of course the douchebags their CS is, they said that is no longer valid. They left me with 3 options
1) Send it to them, they'll refurbish it, it'll cost $75
2) Send it to them, get a completely new one, $85.
3) Wait for the DSi, and some stores are offering half off a DSi if you give in your DSLite.

I chose none of them, and went to DE to get a new shell and a top screen. (My friend said i'd need a new top screen, since he was doing the modding I trusted him).

Anyway, i was playing with my DSLite while waiting for the replacement part to come and then I let go of the screen with my thumb/pointer finger for a second to scratch, and the screen fell into the d-pad part, and then the whole thing turned off, and wouldn't turn on again. It would turn off for a second, flash the touch screen and then turn off.

tl;dr: My friend said it was a power wire problem, and now the parts are completely useless. Is there any way I can get around this BESIDES getting another DSL/DSL power wire? Possibly a DSPhat power wire?

EDIT: oops, wrong forum D:

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=PKZFk5t3czs&list=RDPKZFk5t3czs&start_radio=1&rv=1lsn2tT5yTc