Hacking Power surge. Wii now dead.????

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was watching a movie with netflix through my wii. Went next door for a few minutes and we had a power surge! I came back home and the wii is totally dead will not turn on, no red light nothing? WTF just happened!!!! I had so much stuff on there its not even funny? Is there any hope or is it just fried?. And if it is fried, will this happen every time if there is a power surge? (that's crazy) Thanks for any help. I really hope there is a chance to save my wii.

4.2U
Bootmii as ios
priiloader with block disc and online updates enable
recent nand back up (about three weeks old)

troy512

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
did you have it on a surge protector?

if you send it to nintendo they could replace the fried part but then immediately notice the hacks.

you could swap out parts from a bricked or other broken wii found online.

mayonaze

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
steves334 said:
hahaha i bet the wii will turn back on if he waits 30 mins. its happened to my wii about 3 times in 2 years.
LOL
Your exactly right its working now. I just freaked out cuz it wouldn't turn on at all. thanks again!

steves334

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mayonaze said:
steves334 said:
hahaha i bet the wii will turn back on if he waits 30 mins. its happened to my wii about 3 times in 2 years.
LOL
Your exactly right its working now. I just freaked out cuz it wouldn't turn on at all. thanks again!

hahaha i should have had u boxing that shit up and send it to nintendo so when they opened it they would see a non-broken wii of a hacker pirate!!

w!!

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I had this happen several times too.... You'd think they'd tell you this would happen. I freaked out the first time too.

trumpet-205

Embrace the darkness within
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Be sure to get a surge protector. If you have the money call an electrician to find out why you keep having those power surge. Having a power surge 3 times in 2 years is not normal at all.

giantpune

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ive had this happen a few times. just unplug the power supply for 5 minutes and then plug it back in. this is actually posted on the nintendo website in the support section and it works. i had a powersupply sitting around for a year that i thought was dead. then i read this on their site and figured id plug in the thing and check it. and it magically worked.

http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/w...er.jsp#no_power

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ever had a computer go out during a storm? Happens often to them too... and many modern TVs... It's a protection built into the power supply to make sure you don't fry the hardware.

westcor

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey man its happened to me a few times; found the fix on Nintendo's Site surprisingly.
You have the unplug both ends of the power box. Unplug from the outlet and the Wii.
Let it sit there for about 10 mins, plug both ends back in, and you should be good to go.
Scary when your Wii won't even light up; but this should fix it!!!

ProtoKun7

GBAtemp Time Lord Regenerations: 4
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
You know it's already been fixed, right?
rolleyes.gif

The Frenchman

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Can't tell how many times I had custommer came in for busted wiis (or power cords) that were just in safe mode...

you just unplug everything and wait 20 mins.

much better than buying a new cord/wii. this is happening all the time... wish it was statred in the instruction booklet.

linuxares

The inadequate, autocratic beast!
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
It took a wiication! *drum*

So it sounds like the wii powerbrick have somekind of surge protection then.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Like for micro