Power Saves Private Header Query

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by cobhc, Sep 26, 2015.

1. cobhc
    OP

cobhc Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    Hello All,

Just want to clarify something. I have a Sky3DS card on a 10.1 N3DSXL and I want to play online. Am I right in saying I just need to buy a Power Saves card to be able to extract a Private Header from an original cart to inject into every rom I put on the Sky3DS using the tutorials on here?

Thanks.

Last edited by cobhc, Sep 26, 2015
  2. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    yes.

get the header string, put into a empty bin file, use no ban no sky replace all header in template with the bin file.
    after this, u only need to test online function and find out the manufacturer id of the cartridge that u dump out the header, and replace all different m id with right one.

cobhc likes this.
  3. cobhc
    OP

cobhc Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    Great, thanks a lot!

4. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    Some people also sell private headers (you may even find someone that will give you one for free) - certainly a cheaper option than buying powersaves just to rip a header.

5. Ericjwg

Ericjwg GBAtemp Psycho!

Jul 2, 2015
    Canada
    for free??? srcly?:blink:
    header is like rom now.....:bow:

6. duwen

duwen Old Man Yoshi

Sep 6, 2013
    United States
    Bullet Hell
    lol, I know, it's crazy... but I've seen the occassional user here giving away headers - even some fairly recently.

7. cobhc
    OP

cobhc Newbie

Newcomer
    Sep 22, 2015
    Already ordered the Powersaves before I saw the reply lol, I don't mind. This way I have no fear of someone else using the same header.

8. Ericzander

Ericzander I used hax to get yellow name

pip Reporter
    Feb 28, 2014
    United States
    Grand Line
    Not allowed to do it on GBAtemp. It counts as distributing licensed code whether it's sold or given away.

9. Sullyy2k1

Sullyy2k1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    I'm very late on this, apologies! I just got my sky3DS+ yesterday and I was wondering if anyone could help me. How do I get a private header? Are there any reputable sources to obtain one from?

10. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The best source is using a powersaves and dumping it from a legit cart. Also this thread is over a year old so please don't bump it

11. Sullyy2k1

Sullyy2k1 Newbie

Newcomer
    Nov 23, 2016
    Sorry! I'm not even sure what that means lol. But thanks for your help :-)