Homebrew postLoader4

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
yes, saves are on emulated nand. postLoader need a ciosx on slot 249 for browsing emulated nand. After you can choose any slot for (247-252) to run the wiiware.

Under neek2o/neek+di postloader can play also backup (that is just mounting and play the disc image, the di module to all the dirty job :D).

mike81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, saves are on emulated nand. postLoader need a ciosx on slot 249 for browsing emulated nand. After you can choose any slot for (247-252) to run the wiiware.

Under neek2o/neek+di postloader can play also backup (that is just mounting and play the disc image, the di module to all the dirty job :D).

So say I installed a ciosx in slot 252. That way it doesn't interfere with Wiiflow which needs slots 245-251. I Load Postloader, load the emulated nand, point to a game, press B to bring up th options, and then change IOS from default to 252. Then everything would work fine? Of course I would have to do this for all my VC & Wiiware, so it would be nice to change what the default IOS Preloader uses for all the games at once instead of one by one. Like adding a line to the meta.xml file or something.

Edit:

Actually I think Postloader will work just fine with the "d2x cIOS's" I have installed for Wiiflow. In 249 I have "IOS249[56]-v7b1d.wad" and in 250 I have "IOS250[57]-v7b1d.wad." From what I understand the "d2x IOS's" are what replaced the now obsolete "waninkoko cIOS 249 & 250." So I think the VC & Wiiware will work fine. Though I could be wrong.

Also, when I download covers, will it just download the missing ones or will it re-download all of them?

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
OK. It's way past time for me to be in bed, but I just found this and I like it. I'm using the latest Wiiflow with "FIX94 d2x v7b1d WAD Pack" installed. The wad in the 249 slot is IOS249[56]-v7b1d.wad. Will that work fine with Postloader and allow me to play my VC & Wiiware or do I need to install a different wad in slot 249? I hope what I have installed will be fine, so it doesn't interfere with Wiiflow. If I need a different wad for Postloader to work right, then can I use a different slot than 249? All I really want to use Postloader for is playing the games on the emulated nand and use Wiiflow for disc backups. I don't want to use UNEEK, SNEEK, etc.

This is what I've done so far:

On my USB, I have my emulated nand with VC & Wiiware games installed. I put the Postloader app with my other apps also on the USB. I go to the Homebrew Channel and load Postloader. I know I can also use a forwarder, but I'm just testing right now. After it loads, I select my emulated nand and update the title cache. It shows all my VC & Wiiware games. I test a few out and they seem to work. I'm guessing that saves will be done to the emulated nand and not the real nand?

Thanks for the help.

Just so you know, d2x v7 FINAL came out a day or two ago. Worth upgrading your cIOSes. Also look into trying postloader3 under neek2o (there's abig neek2o thread on this site somewhere). It's awesome - not had a single Wiiware game not work for me with that setup.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Actually I think Postloader will work just fine with the "d2x cIOS's" I have installed for Wiiflow. In 249 I have "IOS249[56]-v7b1d.wad" and in 250 I have "IOS250[57]-v7b1d.wad." From what I understand the "d2x IOS's" are what replaced the now obsolete "waninkoko cIOS 249 & 250." So I think the VC & Wiiware will work fine. Though I could be wrong.

Also, when I download covers, will it just download the missing ones or will it re-download all of them?

Yes, postLoader works with ciosx v6... I never tested with v7, but users are using it, and maybe works also with the old waninkoko r17.

Only new covers are downloaded...

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
stfour,
what are the recommended cIOS(s) for emunands running postloader? If there's something that works better than cIOSv14 then I'll gladly support the change in ModMii.
If you remove rev14 you will break compatibility with other homebrew; yes PL3 works perfect under d2x v7 but other homebrew does not work so well.
Wiipower said it might be app related and not cIOS itself since some homebrew does play nice with the newer d2x cIOS.

Keep up the great work stfour :)

EDIT: I'm sorry I assume were talking about emu-nands since rev14 is referenced...

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
stfour,
what are the recommended cIOS(s) for emunands running postloader? If there's something that works better than cIOSv14 then I'll gladly support the change in ModMii.

Under neek pl doesn't use any ciosx.. it just run under ios58. ;)

mike81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really liking Postloader as a way of browsing and playing VC & Wiiware games. Is there anyway of making it return to Postloader after playing a VC or Wiiware game instead of going back to the real Wii menu?

mike81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm really liking Postloader as a way of browsing and playing VC & Wiiware games. Is there anyway of making it return to Postloader after playing a VC or Wiiware game instead of going back to the real Wii menu?
It's called priiloader return to.

Sorry if I'm slow, but what and how? I'm not using priiloader to load Postloader. I'm just loading it from the Homebrew Channel or with the forwarder.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader grab it here< http://filetrip.net/...er-0-7-0-7.html
or ModMii here< http://gbatemp.net/t...mii-for-windows

Install Priiloader and turn the Wii off.
1.Turn the Wii back on by pressing the Power Button and immediately hold the Reset Button.
2.You should get a hidden menu :) this my friend is Priiloader.
3.Go to "Install File" and choose postloader.dol if it's in the root of your SD or boot.dol if it's in apps\postloader\
It may be wiser to install priibooter.dol since it is a forwarder to postloader.dol and apps\postloader\boot.dol
4.Go to "Settings" and change Autoboot: to Installed File
& change Return to: Autoboot.

This will autoboot your Wii into Postloader and when ever you exit anything it will load postloader. If you want to load the System Menu just hit any button on the Wii mote and it will display options where you can boot into Up=Postloader, Left=Wii System Menu, Right=HBC

Hope this helps.

mike81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Priiloader grab it here< http://filetrip.net/...er-0-7-0-7.html
or ModMii here< http://gbatemp.net/t...mii-for-windows

Install Priiloader and turn the Wii off.
1.Turn the Wii back on by pressing the Power Button and immediately hold the Reset Button.
2.You should get a hidden menu :) this my friend is Priiloader.
3.Go to "Install File" and choose postloader.dol if it's in the root of your SD or boot.dol if it's in apps\postloader\
It may be wiser to install priibooter.dol since it is a forwarder to postloader.dol and apps\postloader\boot.dol
4.Go to "Settings" and change Autoboot: to Installed File
& change Return to: Autoboot.

This will autoboot your Wii into Postloader and when ever you exit anything it will load postloader. If you want to load the System Menu just hit any button on the Wii mote and it will display options where you can boot into Up=Postloader, Left=Wii System Menu, Right=HBC

Hope this helps.

Thanks. Though I think I'll just deal with it how it is. I already have priiloader installed, but would rather not auto boot to Postloader.

mike81

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't like it you can always change Autoboot back to System Menu

Would that still let me exit from a VC or Wiiware game back to Postloader instead of the Wii menu? If not, then I'll just leave it like it is. no big deal. Though it would be nice to have an option to exit back to Postloader. Something like Wiiflow has where you can choose to exit back to Wiiflow.

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you don't like it you can always change Autoboot back to System Menu

Would that still let me exit from a VC or Wiiware game back to Postloader instead of the Wii menu? If not, then I'll just leave it like it is. no big deal. Though it would be nice to have an option to exit back to Postloader. Something like Wiiflow has where you can choose to exit back to Wiiflow.
Yes it will return you to Postloader as long as Autoboot is set to installed file and the installed file is either postloader.dol or priibooter.dol. It's just a matter of changing the setting back if you do not like what it does.

Duckbuster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hello,
First of all, nice work on the project!

I updated to the new postLoader 3(.47) and updated priibooter (1.9 now apparently)
All I can say is the old way of booting is much faster, now it takes much longer to mount my USB Drive and the "bootloader" is a console screen now instead of the nice Wii logo.
You planning on keeping that loader or are you working on something better?
Anyway everything else seems to work perfectly like always!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Gotta check the wattage really and buy GaN bricks