kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Code:
postLoader 3.46.2

* neek2o: postLoader is now capable to rebuild all wbfs folder/file structure. Still missing fst format
* added progress dialog when rebuilding diconfig.bin
* postloader.dol is now available as apps/postloader/boot.dol
* meta.xml reflect now the real version
* postLoader have it's page in google code

>

Will neekbooter/priibooter load postloader.dol from within /apps/postloader now instead of from the SD: root?
Wrong you have to manually rename boot.dol to postloader.dol and copy to root of sd

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Wrong you have to manually rename boot.dol to postloader.dol and copy to root of sd

Priiloader work with /apps/postloader/boot.dol
neekbooter no, almost until tonight (ita) release :)

Priiloader work with /apps/postloader/boot.dol
neekbooter no, almost until tonight (ita) release :)

Ouch, I'm wrong... need to slap myself :blink:

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I tried deleting postloader.dol from root of sd and it just loaded into SM but I was too lazy to walk to my pc so I did the copy/paste/rename of boot.dol< postloader.dol into root of sd using WiiXplorer and it works :)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Code:
postLoader 3.47.0 (r8)

* neek2o: postloader can now install neekbooter in priiloader and configure it for autorun
* corrected game options menu alignment
* changed some menu labels
* removed experimental microsneek feature

> priibooter 1.9
* if postloader isn't found and you are not in neek mode, selection screen is force
* now search also sd:/appps/postloader/boot.dol and usb:/appps/postloader/boot.dol
* wiimote buttons can be press to enter in interactive mode also during device initialization
* wait-time reduced

> neekbooter 1.1
* if something goes wrong, an error message appear.
* corrected crash if postloader isn't found
* added sd:/appps/postloader/boot.dol to search path
* added ISFS/appps/postloader/boot.dol to search path (so we can read postloader from usb, compatible with neek2o and uneek)
note that this make sense only under neek2o as postloader3 is capable to access usb to store data and sd can be removed.
under neek an sd is required for data.
>

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
so I wanted to give postloader a try in the next few days because I've read a lot positive things about this app, and it sounds very useful. still I have a small question. I've read the readme and everything, but this is still not clear to me (maybe I've just missed it), so please enlighten me:

will I be able to launch wbfs titlles from an emulated nand in combination with neek2o directly from the postloader interface? or do I have to boot into neek2o from postloader first to be able to do that?

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stfour,

I must be going crazy - I upgraded today and I'm SURE I saw pl say v3.47.0 but now all I can see is 3.46.2!! I've even re-downloaded it. Did I imagine the 3.47.0 version and you've not changed it in the binary?

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
thanks a lot for your answer, I think I get it now^^ from what I see in the video I will have to install postloader inside the emulated nand and then boot it either from the wii menu, from priiloader or whatever way I want to. at first I thought it would be able to boot games in wbfs format from an emulated neek2o nand if postloader was started on the real nand, but seems I got that wrong. still this is a very nice app you got there and I always searched for a way to have homebrew, wii ware, vc and all the other things side by side in one place for easy acces, and postloader does exactly that. so thanks again and keep up the good work^^

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
thanks a lot for your answer, I think I get it now^^ from what I see in the video I will have to install postloader inside the emulated nand and then boot it either from the wii menu, from priiloader or whatever way I want to. at first I thought it would be able to boot games in wbfs format from an emulated neek2o nand if postloader was started on the real nand, but seems I got that wrong. still this is a very nice app you got there and I always searched for a way to have homebrew, wii ware, vc and all the other things side by side in one place for easy acces, and postloader does exactly that. so thanks again and keep up the good work^^

If you set postloader to autostart in your emulated NAND (by installing and auto-running neekbooter within it's priiloader) then simply kicking off NEEK will result in postloader running. In terms of functionality this is no different to running postloader in your real NAND - i.e. you select one channel in your system menu and you get the postloader interface. In effect you get exactly what you're after except the front-end is actually already running under emu NAND not real NAND - this results in the channel selected in pl3 starting quicker as the NEEK environment is already 'live'.

You can of course also keep another channel in your system menu to launch postloader directly (so in real NAND) if you want to use it to kick off homebrew in that environment too.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi stfour,

I must be going crazy - I upgraded today and I'm SURE I saw pl say v3.47.0 but now all I can see is 3.46.2!! I've even re-downloaded it. Did I imagine the 3.47.0 version and you've not changed it in the binary?

You are right, I'm becoming crazy with version numbers.... fiew minutes and I will reupload it (it is always 3.47.0)

(reuploaded now)

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Yes, wiiload extension, update, if exist

sd:/postloader.dol
sd:/apps/postloader/boot.dol
usb:/postloader.dol
usb:/apps/postloader/boot.dol

;)

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I'm using your app for both real nand neek2o can your app detect the postloader.dol on usb root I read you were implementing a feature like this into your app where it could be detected from usb but i'm not sure if it's in the same ref as what I'm asking. Well thank you :)

LinkFan16

I link them all
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
If you set postloader to autostart in your emulated NAND (by installing and auto-running neekbooter within it's priiloader) then simply kicking off NEEK will result in postloader running. In terms of functionality this is no different to running postloader in your real NAND - i.e. you select one channel in your system menu and you get the postloader interface. In effect you get exactly what you're after except the front-end is actually already running under emu NAND not real NAND - this results in the channel selected in pl3 starting quicker as the NEEK environment is already 'live'.

You can of course also keep another channel in your system menu to launch postloader directly (so in real NAND) if you want to use it to kick off homebrew in that environment too.

thanks a lot for clarifying this even more. I will give pl a try next weekend, because I don't have the time to tinker with it yet^^

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So if I'm using your app for both real nand neek2o can your app detect the postloader.dol on usb root I read you were implementing a feature like this into your app where it could be detected from usb but i'm not sure if it's in the same ref as what I'm asking. Well thank you :)

I admit that I can't understand what you mean :ninja:

person66

If it isn't edited, it isn't a true person66 post
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
cool!

so do u know what forwarder version is in the postloader forwarder?
Sorry, I just realized that I forgot to mention this. The postloader forwarder I made uses the 11b forwarder (at least the newer one does, the old one used CustomizeMii's complex forwarder.)

BTW, great job with postLoader stfour, it is amazing how far it has come :yay:

GartimusPrime

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
postloader on neek2o is amazing....I have a thought that adds nothing of importance and I don't know if it is even possible. In usbloader gx when you press 2 over a game it brings up game description, much like when you press B over an app in postloader it brings up the description from the meta.xml. Is it possible to pull up description of game from the wiitdb file or something? Again, no big deal, just a thought.....

Reactions: 1 person

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I'm not familiar with the technicalities of the differences between the two versions, but I'm wondering if at least some of those differences are things that you could port over to the US version in your patch without having to include copyrighted assets from the EU version
  • TwoSpikedHands @ TwoSpikedHands:
    @Sicklyboy I am wanting to fully change the game and bend it to my will lol. I would like to eventually have the ability to add more characters, enemies, even have a completely different story if i wanted. I already have the ability to change the tilemaps in the US version, so I can basically make my own map and warp to it in game - so I'm pretty far into it!
    I really would like to make a hack that I would enjoy playing, and maybe other people would too. swapping to the EU version would also mean my US friends could not legally play it
    I am definitely considering porting over some of the EU features without using the actual ROM itself, tbh that would probably be the best way to go about it... but i'm sad that the voice acting is so.... not good on the US version. May not be a way around that though
    I appreciate the insight!
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @TwoSpikedHands just switch, all the knowledge you learned still applies and most of the code and assets should be the same anyway
    and realistically they wouldn't

be able to play it legally anyway since they need a ROM and they probably don't have the means to dump it themselves
    why the shit does the shitbox randomly insert newlines in my messages
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It does that when I edit a post.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It inserts a newline in a random spot.
    never had that i don't think
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    do y'all think having an sd card that has a write speed of 700kb/s is a bad idea?
    trying to restore emunand rn but it's taking ages... (also when I finished the first time hekate decided to delete all my fucking files :wacko:)
    @Karma177 that sd card is 100% faulty so yes, its a bad idea
    even the slowest non-sdhc sd cards are a few MB/s
  • Karma177 @ Karma177:
    @The Real Jdbye it hasn't given me any error trying to write things on it so I don't really think it's faulty (pasted 40/50gb+ folders and no write errors)
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    run h2testw on it
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    when SD cards/microSD write speeds drop below a meg a sec, they're usually on the verge of dying
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Samsung SD format can sometimes fix them too
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    yes looks like an faulty sd
  • Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart:
    @Psionic Roshambo i may try that with my dead sd cards
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    It's always worth a shot
    @The Real Jdbye, I considered that, but i'll have to wait until i can get the eu version in the mail lol
  • I @ I-need-help-with-wup-wiiu:
    i need help with nusspli failed downloads, can someone respond to my thread? pretty please:wub: