Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
http://www.ilpistone.com/wii/download.php?id=postLoader3_44_3

Code:
postLoader 3.44.3

* Corrected icon layout for homebrews
* Corrected possible crash when drawing themes (for example with dimension theme)
* Corrected some little graphic problems with themes
* n2oswitch now support any priiloader version and change only needed options (autoboot and ReturnTo) leaving all the other option with they original values
* postLoader can now switch to any neek2o nand ([HOME] -> Options... ->Change current neek2o nand")
* postLoader now keep a channels cache file separated for any nand
* added neek2o availability and current nand folder on screen
* appbrowser can now manage up to 256 different homebrews.

NOTES:
postloader support automatically 4 different nands. nands can be selected for any game. Press (B) on the game cover

/nands/pl_eu for euro pal nand
/nands/pl_us for usa nand
/nands/pl_jp for japan nand
/nands/pl_kr for korean nand

IMPORTANT: priiloader must be present on the nand. There is non need to configure it.

If the region if different from default, postloader install as "installed file" in priiloader on the selected nand n2oswitch.dol that will run the disc, and on return to menu (or power off/on) will restore old settings.
Even if the four roms can be used for any porpouse, I suggest to leave them light, without any additional channel to keep high switching speed

Known issues/todo (in sparse order)

* TODO: Adding patching options to uneek games
* TODO: priibooter gui
* TODO: multy splash screen support
* TODO: patch uid.sys under neek
* TODO: more theme options
* TODO: runtime theme switch
* ISSUE: if a channel png is corrupted, postloader may crash

Reactions: 1 person

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I love the way you support neek2o, stfour. It's beyond awesomeness. :D

Unfortunately, it'll be a week before I can do any changes. I'll be on a weekend out with friends (the wii comes along) and the wii is already packed. On the plus side: it'll get some good publicity. :wink:

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The transparency seems to be gone with the red mushrooms or at least it was lowered or raised ????? The homebrew icons have a more solid bg and are less transparent is what I'm trying to say but I'm not sure if this was your intention for fixing themes.

Thank you stfour I'm already adding to my emu-nands :P

So a quick Q&A: should I set autoboot to neekbooter for all my emu-nands or is this only necessary for the main nand especially if I'm running games through your app. Well thanks in advance for the heads up :)

EDIT: Wrong forum post LoL

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi stfour,

Getting a dump on starting the new pl3 (3.44.3) under the latest NEEK2O r58. Postloader.log shows very little:

-----[PL: 3.44.3]--------------------------------------------------------------------
Initialization done !
neek_GetNandConfig [begin]
neek_GetNandConfig [ISFS_Open -106]
neek2o detected
neek_GetNandConfig [begin]
neek_GetNandConfig [ISFS_Open -106]

I've tried completely removing both diconfig and sneekcache from neek2o environment and even obliterated both your postloader config and all the individual channel config files (in case on of them was corrupt). No joy.

The postloader.log above is the output of a clean startup of a new neek2o environment booting first into system menu (to make sure neek has it's caches defined) then going into pl3 from a forwarder. It's not even getting so far as where I'd expect it to tell me I don't have a config file defined so do I want to create one on my SD card. Maybe the neek guys changed their isfs stuff in this release? Shoot me a PM if you want me to test anything for you.

EDIT: Just in case it helps seeing as you've added lots of clever NAND switching stuff, my NAND is on the root of my usb device. I have no /nand/ folders. Previous versions of pl3 picked it up with no problems.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
I don't know the postloader details, but I wouldn't be suprised if it reads the usb:/sneek/nandcfg.bin file to find out about installed nands in your nands folder.
Without the existence of that folder, neek2o won't create a nandcfg.bin file. This might confuse postloader3.
it's the idea to get rid of nand folders on the root of your drive. It still detects them there for downward compatibility with older setups.
Having the nands in a subfolder is a cleaner solution.

zfa

Trophies
XP
Country
I don't know the postloader details, but I wouldn't be suprised if it reads the usb:/sneek/nandcfg.bin file to find out about installed nands in your nands folder.
Without the existence of that folder, neek2o won't create a nandcfg.bin file. This might confuse postloader3.
it's the idea to get rid of nand folders on the root of your drive. It still detects them there for downward compatibility with older setups.
Having the nands in a subfolder is a cleaner solution.

Bang on the money - moved the nand folders and sneekcache into usb:/nands/full and it works fine (I think - starts up in any case). I'm guessing stfour should prob add some logic to check for the condition of nand on the root / non-existence of nandcfg.bin though just for compatibility with either standard neek users or people who can't be arsed moving stuff around.

Thanks obcd.

EDIT: Just remembered why it was I had my NAND on root and it wasn't laziness as I'm a tidy guy.... Sometimes I load postloader under my real NAND using a cIOS... postloader can't access a NAND under the usb:/nands folder in this mode (as this it two levels deep or something) and stfour wasn't keen on adding an option to load from this location for some reason. In the 'new' filesystem setup pl3 only works under neek and I'd have to mess around moving folders around to get it to work under a cIOS in real NAND. Although I appreciate that you shouldn't need to use it under a cIOS, sometimes for a game I know just works using pl3's triiforce code it's quicker to just kick pl3 off in my real NAND than switch into NEEK. This option is now not available.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Maybe this a small bug. If you add new features, you don't always test all features already inside, and sometimes, something gets broken.
Also note that with a cios, the nand location (being in a subfolder) needs to be supported by the cios as well. This wasn't always the case in the beginning.

I am trying to make things as compatible as possible. I find it confusing if application A can only be installed on real nand and B only on neek2o.
There will always be exceptions. HBC and homebrew filter don't have open source, so probably will never have usb support in neek2o environment, but I am
happy to hear that this situation will hopefully change soon for postloader.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok, should be the nand folder name, that in case of root do not exist. The last release show it on every pages. When I go home I will correct it :(

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
So what do ppl think Modmii should do:
1) replace the homebrew filter channel with postloader
2) add postloader and continue to support installing the homebrew filter channel to emunands?

One way or another, I think ModMii is gonna need to eventually add postloader support since it is on the cutting edge these days especially with neek2o support :D

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Oh, I'm feel very honoured of this. ;)

If you will add postloader, I will give you a fixed link to the last version !

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
a fixed link isn't all that helpful by itself... because then ModMii would need to download the latest version before being able to check if the current version (if found) is up to date! If you start a google code page, I should be able to parse the "featured" list and compare it against the version in the existing meta.xml (if found) before updating it. The only catch is that u would need to have the version info in the download name the same as what's in the meta.xml. An alternative would be to have ModMii download a small txt file that has the latest version # in it, if the existing version does not equal the latest version, ModMii will download it.

Anyways, back to my original Q... is there anything the homebrew filter can do that postloader cannot? If not, then I see no reason why to support both, and I'll just replace the HBF with pl3.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Anyways, back to my original Q... is there anything the homebrew filter can do that postloader cannot? If not, then I see no reason why to support both, and I'll just replace the HBF with pl3.

I've used a couple of time hbf. Afaik there are no feature missing in pl3 available in hbf. But I'm not the right person that can replay to that question. It is like to ask you if you hack your friends' wii using pimpmywii or modmii :D

kylster

mich weich töten
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So what do ppl think Modmii should do:
1) replace the homebrew filter channel with postloader
2) add postloader and continue to support installing the homebrew filter channel to emunands?

One way or another, I think ModMii is gonna need to eventually add postloader support since it is on the cutting edge these days especially with neek2o support :D
I think by default you should add postloader :) but still give the option to have Homebrew Filter in options like you do with uneek and neek2o.

PL3 is awesome since it can load homebrew and it's more actively supported (I don't know about HBF cause I don't keep up with it) also it's capable of loading Wii channels and games....

XFlak do you think you could allow postloader to be installed as a a file in Priiloader when building nands? I'm not sure if this is feasible or not.

Well that's my opinion; keep up the good work.

stfour

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
XFlak do you think you could allow postloader to be installed as a a file in Priiloader when building nands? I'm not sure if this is feasible or not.

I do no think this is a good idea. The first time you boot a nand you have to configure your "new" wii and sync wiimotes. I think it is better to have person66 forwarder channel installed and postloader in sd://app folder. I will add an option to postloader to install itself in priiloader, so all will be all easy.

XFlak

Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I can have modmii install anything as priiloader's installed file. It's as simple as renaming the boot.dol to main.bin and saving it to title\0000001\0000002\data\. This can be a forwarder dol or the dol for pl3 itself. I can do that no problem but I cannot change priiloader's autoboot settings. So basically if I were to do that, ModMii's emunands would still load the SM by default (and expand files if it's the 1st boot) until the user changes the autoboot settings to the installed file.

obcd

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Homebrew Filter is closed source. Some goodies we are expecting will never make it in there.
Some say it contains libogc code, so it's basically illegal without the sources.
There will always be people using it and wondering why it's suddenly gone.
If you leave it in, it will make things more complex for noobs, as it's an additional choice to take (every one is one to many for some..)
I really can't think of any feature in HBF that isn't in Postloader. Specially now that wiiload is also supported.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/IihvJBjUpNE?si=CsvoEbwzNKFf0GAm cool