Gaming Posting to Miiverse with a Freeshop downloaded game?

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Title, basically. I want to be able to post screenshots to Miiverse, but it doesn't work for some reason. I am using a US region CIA on a EUR console, if that matters. Thanks,

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I guess I'll download the EUR version then. Will report back when the download's done.
I recommend always installing the version that matches the region. If you use out of region games, from my experience, you won't be able to update the game through the 3ds itself and I guess this thing with the Miiverse happens too

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
It's impossible simply because different regions of the "same" game are actually different games (different titleids), miiverse loads knowing you have a game with titleid X paused, asks the server to lookup the group for game X, and fails because X is not distributed in the region of your NNID

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Well, the 3DS save backup hasn't loaded. I have a save from JKSM, but it doesn't seem like I can load it into the new game. What should I do?

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
Well, the 3DS save backup hasn't loaded. I have a save from JKSM, but it doesn't seem like I can load it into the new game. What should I do?
Stange. Did you start a save file on the new game? Maybe it won't work since the regions are different but I don't really know. Just try to create a save data.. Don't inject a save immediately after the game installed

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Unless it's an out of region game, a prerelease game, or a modified header, Nintendo really isn't going to know it's a CIA and or downloaded from the freeShop. So posting in miiverse should be ok.

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I did one time trial to create save data, but it's still not working. And Crystal, it was an out of region game, which is why it didn't work.

LaPingas

let's go mangoooooo
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
I did one time trial to create save data, but it's still not working. And Crystal, it was an out of region game, which is why it didn't work.
Does it give you any error or just tells the save was injected and in the actual game nothing happened? Are you sure you selected "import save"?

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Does it give you any error or just tells the save was injected and in the actual game nothing happened? Are you sure you selected "import save"?
I got "Save archive not found". It's ok though, I solved it with FBI. Thanks for the help though!

cros107

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I didn't actually solve the error, I just copied my backup files over to the save folder.

1. Go to FBI
2. Locate the folder your JKSM saves are in
3. Go into the folder for the game you want to transfer the save to
4. Go to <Current Directory> and click "copy all"
5. Go back to the FBI root and click "Titles"
6. Find your title, and click on the save data menu
7. Click "Current directory"
8. Click "Delete all" and then click "Paste"

That's how I did it. Credits to Hazel on the Nintendo Homebrew Discord server.

Reactions: LaPingas

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Ello