Hi-Fi Appreciation and Vinyl Lovers

Post your recent Vinyl/Physcial format Purchases!

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simply said, purchased some Vinyl, some CD's or Cassettes? Something even more strange of a format? Post what you got here!

Here are some that I got recently from a shop in my town. Surprisingly enough they had a RSD Vinyl that slipped from my fingers last year when trying to get it!

20220529_015013.jpg

Post what you guys got recently!

Reactions: Xzi

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I joined to say, ac/dc, good taste, my friend. I don't have a vinyl collection myself, just don't have the money right now. ;)

Reactions: Dr_Faustus

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
love Nirvana myself. it was a thing when I was a kid.
thanks! I bought it myself as I was a kid. if i had known what it would be worth one day, i would have bought a whole stack right away. kurt was also on tour here, but unfortunately the concert was cancelled for known reasons. rip

Reactions: godreborn

subcon959

@!#?@!
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
KMH6YO4.jpg

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
not my latest, but one of my rarest.
As for The Samsara Blues Experiment.. I'm only familiar with their first album Long Distance Trip. Haven't heard it in its entirety, but i liked what i heard so far.. Wonder how good their latest album? 👍

Reactions: ciaomao

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
As for The Samsara Blues Experiment.. I'm only familiar with their first album Long Distance Trip. Haven't heard it in its entirety, but i liked what i heard so far.. Wonder how good their latest album? 👍
Samsara delivers high quality across all albums. The last album is a little different in style, as it features an extraordinary amount of catchy melodies and is even reminiscent of Santana in parts. i suppose the band breakup and Corona contributed to this. I can definitely recommend it, even though you probably won't get it as an LP anymore. My copy was sent to me directly by the drummer. I still miss Revelation & Mystery…maybe some day….6031F21E-F577-41D5-BFE7-EAC6A72E1ED7.jpeg

Last edited by ciaomao,
Reactions: Xzi and CoolMe

CoolMe

"Who am i, what am i?"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Samsara delivers high quality across all albums. The last album is a little different in style, as it features an extraordinary amount of catchy melodies and is even reminiscent of Santana in parts. i suppose the band breakup and Corona contributed to this. I can definitely recommend it, even though you probably won't get it as an LP anymore. My copy was sent to me directly by the drummer. I still miss Revelation & Mystery…maybe some day….View attachment 321071
Thanks for all the info!
And it seems you got all of their albums.. Nice!
The vinyl release of Long Distance Trip was pretty dynamic for a modern release (the CD wasn't that good, though it had some tracks that're not on the vinyl release).. I'd think they'd keep it up the same with the vinyl releases of their other albums too.. 👍

Last edited by CoolMe,
Reactions: ciaomao

Dr_Faustus

Resident Robot Hoarder
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its been a hot minute but I have been busy as hell lately. TIME TO POST SOME NEW GETS!

20220820_074748.jpg
First up we have sealed copies of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits and Beck Radio Sessions (which seems to be a limited run?) After them we have Steely Dan's Aja which my wife found and wanted us to get and Cameo's Word Up! 12" Single which was found in our local record shop. Neat finds for that day!

20220903_174925.jpg
Recently found these at the same record shop, a collection of Depeche Mode "Remix LP's" which after some research seems to be unoffical/bootleg releases. Regardless we grabbed them because of just how neat they are (and we are DM fans here anyways!)

20220827_164646.jpg
Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, came in the mail as part of a vinyl collection of the month offering. Why not?

20220827_164643.jpg
Another great win at the same local record shop. That said I have to give my wife the credit for all 4 of these finds as I was looking in what I thought would be the new stock when she found the REAL new stock they there. Sealed releases of The Sisters of Mercy: Floodland and Echo & The Bunnymen: The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon! Also a one of my favorite Duran Duran albums Seven and the Ragged Tiger was found as well as a very odd pressing of The White Stripes Self Titled album!

That all said, of all the recent finds this one down here was probably the most crazy.

20220813_182804.jpg
THEM CROOKED VULTURES! I had to do a triple take when I saw this for sale, especially making sure it was actually the real deal (it was!) Did not think I would find something like this local to me and for a price under 3 digits lol.

Every week the collection has an opportunity to grow, and the finds can be crazy just in my own back yard! Happy hunting all!

Reactions: CoolMe

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
Its been a hot minute but I have been busy as hell lately. TIME TO POST SOME NEW GETS!

View attachment 327349
First up we have sealed copies of Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers Greatest Hits and Beck Radio Sessions (which seems to be a limited run?) After them we have Steely Dan's Aja which my wife found and wanted us to get and Cameo's Word Up! 12" Single which was found in our local record shop. Neat finds for that day!

View attachment 327350
Recently found these at the same record shop, a collection of Depeche Mode "Remix LP's" which after some research seems to be unoffical/bootleg releases. Regardless we grabbed them because of just how neat they are (and we are DM fans here anyways!)

View attachment 327351
Elton John's Goodbye Yellow Brick Road, came in the mail as part of a vinyl collection of the month offering. Why not?

View attachment 327352
Another great win at the same local record shop. That said I have to give my wife the credit for all 4 of these finds as I was looking in what I thought would be the new stock when she found the REAL new stock they there. Sealed releases of The Sisters of Mercy: Floodland and Echo & The Bunnymen: The Stars, The Oceans & The Moon! Also a one of my favorite Duran Duran albums Seven and the Ragged Tiger was found as well as a very odd pressing of The White Stripes Self Titled album!

That all said, of all the recent finds this one down here was probably the most crazy.

View attachment 327354
THEM CROOKED VULTURES! I had to do a triple take when I saw this for sale, especially making sure it was actually the real deal (it was!) Did not think I would find something like this local to me and for a price under 3 digits lol.

Every week the collection has an opportunity to grow, and the finds can be crazy just in my own back yard! Happy hunting all!
too many to find time to comment on each, but Tom Petty is just great music! I will pick up „Hypnotic Eye“ at the next chance.

ciaomao

Well-Known Dude
Trophies
XP
Country
Albania
I skipped the last Siena Root album, but I found my love again with the latest album.
It is the 500pcs. LE on green vinyl.
It's certainly not my favorite SR album, but still rocks tremendously.
SRR.jpeg

Latest photos

Group events

Site & Scene News

Group statistics

Members:
Threads:
Photos: