rad140

GBAtemp's "over quoter"
Trophies
Website
rad140.livejournal.com
XP
Country
Canada
@JamesTrain: Yeah, I did the same thing too. This thread is your best friend: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33039

@bigcheese: Pretty much all flashcards now have near 100% compatibility. Go for the Acekard 2 or 2i as it's about the cheapest you'll find and is an excellent card.
As for GBA support, you'll need an EZ Flash 3-in-1 Expansion pack, which fits in Slot-2. It's DS Lite sized, but I have seen a DS Phat sized version here: http://www.0shippingzone.com/flash-expansi...size-p-212.html
The M3 DS Real Perfect Bundle comes with a similar device and has built in support for it. You can buy the Slot-2 device separately, and it is also DS Lite sized, but comes with a shell for the original DS: http://www.kickgaming.com/pack-pack-with-shells-p-326.html

Feel free to message me if you have any other questions or on where to buy, etc.

Priya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, Media (music, videos etc), Maybe even e-reader :wtf:??
Price Range? $15~$30 USD.
Slot 1/2? Slot 1.
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable Memory (I've got a 2GB micro. so..)
Special features? Not really sure? Maybe skinable GUI? Soft reset?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've been looking into the SuperCard DSONEi, iEdge and Acekard 2i.. But undecided on which to get..
Other?

I'm pretty new to this and I really want to make sure I buy the right card for me. For hardware, I've got a Lite and have no plans for upgrading. (I'm quite happy with it
biggrin.gif
). I'm not really looking for much, just something that's going to get the job done with getting games going smoothly, support, compatibility and price. Did some searches here on the three cards I specified above, but I'm still confused on which I should get. Looking over the "best cards of 2010" - The Acekard 2i is the top dog next to the CycloDS. But I don't have the kind of money to spend on the CycloDS - So that's where the iEdge comes in. Heard some good things for it, as it being a budget version of the CycloDS. But upon reading more of the best cards thread, I happened to read about the SuperCard DSONEi and Acekard 2i. It's a bit of a flipflop between those two because I've seen others vouch for the cards. But the thing that really got me is the talk about AKAIO (ie. if the AKAIO team stops updating firmware, Acekard is pretty much dead talk). But other than that - the suggestions for getting either seem pretty even.

I'm really leaning on getting the iEdge.. But almost everyone suggest to get the Acekard 2i. So yea.. I could be swayed to buy the Acekard over the iEdge
blink.gif
Help me out with which to pick? (Oh and if anyone's bought from leetmod.com, how was shipping and support? :X I'm located in the US..)

Edit: Hm well, After much thinking and reading, I decided to bite the bullet and get the Acekard 2i. Assuming it's a good card for first time users. I do think I'll eventually get the iEdge sometime. (mainly because I like the the non-spring loaded memory slot and cart build. the GUI is acceptable..). Well, here's hoping I got the right card for me. D: ..

mr.uk

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Use? games (Dsi XL)
Price Range? if it's good i'll pay, want somewhere that ships in the UK
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? got an 8gb micro sd card
GBA compatibility? no
Special features? want something that has a quick nice looking menu for loading games
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular currently have a r4i from r4isdhc.com it works fine but menu is slow and other programs don't work

Just really want something genuine and will have a nice looking quick moving menu that can be skinned, not fussed about media playing as i have plenty of things that do that.

pandaguin

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
k i dont have a nds lite yet but im getting 1 soon and want to make sure i dont get anything i dont need. now from what ive read seems like m3 is best way to go. now is it better to have m3 ds real or the m3i zero? now id be getting a nds lite. also u have to get a micro sd card right? if i get a micro sd card do i need a sd adapter? or does it just fit in the flash cart without the sd adapter? also does the micro sdhc work with the flash carts? also is it best to be on the newest firmware thats out which i think is 1.4 .7 or .8 or something i dont know im new to the nds right now lol. also i had trouble finding the firmware updates for the m3real and m3i so could someone give me a link to them? also im mainly wanting a flashcart to play games and thats prob it just games. also dont care about the gba thing just 1 slot of whatever is used for nds games.

pblake03

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I'm looking for a slot 1 card to buy on which I can play DS games on my DS Light, I'm also looking for a Slot 2 card so that I can play GBA games on my DS light. Which cards should I buy so that I can play both GBA and DS games on my DS? For both cards I'd like to be able to store more than one rom at a time. Thanks for your suggestions!

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ok, to simplify things lets look at something that doesnt have the danger of getting a clone.
(unfortunately acecarde 2 or 2i does have a clone out there but is rare... no danger if buying from a reputable store like0shippingzone or ndscardsale(no reviews on this store that i know of...just discovered it exhists from other members)
try
supercard dsonei (suggest over dsone only a couple of dollars more-wont kill you)
acecard 2i
ezv i

the m3 is an older combo but still competes but is a loosing battle...as some aspects of use is a little difficult for newbies like me

so i suggest those 3 because...
ease of use/setup
near perfect compatability
etc etc.

my only issue with the dsonei is with the 3in1 pack..... i cannot run dsbrowser with it (i dont understand complicated patching/hacks...etc) and have not found any working solution to this issue. (nor will support from either company help me)... lameboy launches everything just fine...gba works great ( just not cheat codes... havent figured that out yet)

i have seen proof that dsbrowser works with the acecard (but i dont know how...could be hard, or just works no problem at all)

and of course ezflash vi supports its own product the 3in1...

so it just depends on what you want to do and how much you want to spend. the ezflash combo goes for 36 usd on ndscardsale(reputation unknown by me at this time, i have only recently discovered it exhists)

the 3in1 alone is 18, the dsonei around 21 (cheaper than i paid from 0shippingzone a month ago but they are a known reputable company)
and acecard2i is about 11 or 12.

and the ezvi alone is 15... it seems a couple of dollars cheaper to buy them seperate...?????????

thanks fro reading... any feedback is appreciated and messaging welcome
tech it down and i still dont understand.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
pblake03 Posted Mar 30 2010, 12:10 AM
So I'm looking for a slot 1 card to buy on which I can play DS games on my DS Light, I'm also looking for a Slot 2 card so that I can play GBA games on my DS light. Which cards should I buy so that I can play both GBA and DS games on my DS? For both cards I'd like to be able to store more than one rom at a time. Thanks for your suggestions!

i think they all pretty much do the same thing... just work in different ways.

i suggest the acecard2i, supercard dsonei (or awaiting release dstwo alone without a slot 2 card) and the ezvi (for dsbrowser support features) with the ezv 3in1 slot 2 pack.
i own a supercard dsonei and reccomend it because it is super easy.
i suggest acecard as i have no experience with it according to the reviews and other users ( i almost purchased this card but supercard featured real time game guide) and dsbrowser does work with the 3in1, but skinning and a few custom features seem a little complicated, but not too bad just alot of features to configure.
i suggest ezvi just because it supports the 3in1 natively as it is a matched combo and the ezflash team will offer your email support

the ez3in1 slot 2 pack adds gba ability (and nes snes? dont know as i have used the emulators but not without the 3in1 in the dslite)

(note rumble and browser ram feature may not work for card brand other than ezflash such as my dsonei though i have seen it working on acecard on a thread)

how many roms can be stored depends on what size micro sd you get (note some carts come with micro reader you just use like a "jumpdrive" i have a 1 gb in my dstt it holds quite a few (around10) and a 4gb in my dsonei and strangely doesnt seem to hold alot more (probably because of more game saves( saved patches aka cheats activated etc. for each rom) but does hold quite many...probably have 16-20 on it as they all are different size in mb.

note: gba are drastically smaller than nds files

all can be purchased at www.0shippingzone.com and dont forget to add the free(if promotion is still offered) metal retractable stylus (and micro card at a discount on the cart purchase info page)

this is just my opinions any replies, corrections or messages are welcome

i hope this has answered some questions and helped you guys.(pandaguin and pblake03)

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oh and by the way download emulator called lameboy. store all gba roms on sd card for whatever slot 1 cart you choose.

lameboy can launch from slot 1 operating system menu and will bring up a list of available gba roms (and i think nes and snes if not there are emus for that cant remember its been a while) and will launch gba roms, roms play as normal save as normal... its really super easy.

a more complicated way is to use gba exploader to directly load a game to the 3in1 and start gba as normal game from nds normal menun screen ( im not even sure how its too complicated for me... and i think you will want to manually back up your game save from the 3in1 memory. i believe this is the old way with older slot 1 carts. ) i dont think anyone does this anymore since lameboy is totally awesome! kudos to its creator!

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
Use? Games(NDS/GBA)/Homebrew
Price Range? $0 to $40 (includes slot 2)
Slot 1/2? 1 and 2
Built in or expandable memory? I alredy have a 2gb micro sd
Special features? Real time save and cheat, fast updates
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard 2i/2.1 +slot 2 exp., EZ Flash V plus/i + 3in1 or M3 Real + Slot 2 exp.
Other? EZ Flash 3in1

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Maybe
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory? Expansion pack (Cheap!!)

Additional: I want some bang for as little buck as I give and I would really like some GBA and Browser support. I was looking at the M3 Real + expansion pack deal, a EZflash Vi + 3in1 and AceKard + 3in1 but I dont know wich to choose? The AceKards are cheap but the EZflash Vi probably works better with the 3in1 and whats with the m3 real because i dont know anything about it? Oh I have a DS Phat and im probably going to buy from 0shippingzone.com.

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Luckkill4u said:
Use? Games(NDS/GBA)/Homebrew
Price Range? $0 to $40 (includes slot 2)
Slot 1/2? 1 and 2
Built in or expandable memory? I alredy have a 2gb micro sd
Special features? Real time save and cheat, fast updates
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard 2i/2.1 +slot 2 exp., EZ Flash V plus/i + 3in1 or M3 Real + Slot 2 exp.
Other? EZ Flash 3in1

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Maybe
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory? Expansion pack (Cheap!!)

Additional: I want some bang for as little buck as I give and I would really like some GBA and Browser support. I was looking at the M3 Real + expansion pack deal, a EZflash Vi + 3in1 and AceKard + 3in1 but I dont know wich to choose? The AceKards are cheap but the EZflash Vi probably works better with the 3in1 and whats with the m3 real because i dont know anything about it? Oh I have a DS Phat and im probably going to buy from 0shippingzone.com.
That crosses the Acekard off your list since it doesn't have RTS or RTC.
I don't think either the Ez flash or m3 have RTC. They both do have RTS though.
If you don't want to mod a m3 expansion pack get the ez flash with 3 in 1 (phat sized).
You can change the shell of the m3 pack to a ds phat version though.
Both have good update speeds. Though they do vary.

Luckkill4u

4 guys in a car ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Canada
BoxShot said:
That crosses the Acekard off your list since it doesn't have RTS or RTC.
I don't think either the Ez flash or m3 have RTC. They both do have RTS though.
If you don't want to mod a m3 expansion pack get the ez flash with 3 in 1 (phat sized).
You can change the shell of the m3 pack to a ds phat version though.
Both have good update speeds. Though they do vary.
I wont cross off Acekard off my list right away but RTS and RTC were more of a *BONUS* for me so i could throw that away for a couple bucks. As for the M3 Real its Expansion pack come with a GBA sized shell but i would like something more newer because I might upgrade to a DSi XL or something. The EZ flash Vi plus 3in1 is a little over my price range (about 1 dollar btw XD). As for my last question how is AKAIO and its team and support? The reason I would like a new flash card is that i have a R4 original (non clone) I bought a long yime ago and this old geezer won't last much long.

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to boxshot and luckkill4u....

great info... i suggest try www.ndscardsale.com... prices are cheap and the ez3in1 is like $18. if this is out of price range, i suggest not to worry about gba right now, you can always pick it up later when u can since shipping is free! and acekard 21 is like $12.
never purchased from them i just now learned about it... but i have purchased from 0shippingzone, and they are awesome (fast email replies too).

i so totally love my supercard dsonei... there is only 1 hot key to remember that controls everything from the menu that comes up! but for gba without slot 2 card they say the supercard 2 is the next generation of dsi card to do this. (also compatable with dslite)

i was suggested a browser that doesnt require a slot 2 card ...bunjaloo... i havent checked it out yet, but i so am as soon as i get home!

alphanemisis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and 0shipping zone carries the dsfat gba sized 3in1 and dslite 3in 1 for $17.25... just be sure you decide if your getting a dsi or not... because you wont have to spend the 17.25 on a slot 2 gba cart u cannot use anymore... instead spend the extra on a supercard dstwo... it is supposed to have build in gba support for the dsi (since the dsi has no gba slot). is is supposed to release soon.

WantMyMTV

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Play DS games without changing carts, watch movies/TV episodes
Price Range? Doesn't matter
Slot 1/2? Slot-1 (I think...)
Built in or expandable memory? If expandable means microSD then YES to expandable...
Special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard2i, r4di (?)
Other?

7-year old son has DS...ready to upgrade to DSi XL...several friends have been trying to talk me into buying an r4ds for over a year...after losing another DS cart on a vacation trip, I'm ready to try to figure out custom firmware for the DS (it only took me a year or so to figure it out for my PSP)...the interface needs to be easy...my son, Nathan, can read but I don't want him trying to navigate several folder trees...recipe for disaster...just want the firmware to power up and provide a list of easy-to-read game titles that can be launched (no cryptic codes)...

Additionally, it would be nice if he could watch movies/TV episodes with the firmware...we've ripped his entire SpongeBob, Ben 10 and Avatar seasons to his iPod...it would be even nicer if the firmware would allow you to play the movies off another card in the DSi XL's SDHC slot...that way, I'm not limited to the microSD size and I can use the microSD to store games and run the firmware and separate SDHC cards to store movies (50MB for a DS game, right? and about 90MB for each 20 minute TV episode).

Finally, he likes to take pictures with his mother's cell phone, so it would also be nice if the firmware supported the DSi XL's cameras...

We will probably never run homebrew other than a good media player and good digital photo software on the DSi XL...he's not old enough to remember GBA, NES, SNES or Genesis games and is quite content with his DS games...he won't mess with skins, but he would probably be delighted with a Metroid or Metal Slug skin...

And I need a firmware card that's easy to setup...getting custom firmware up on the PSP so I could play PSP games and use emulators ruined what few brain cells that I have left...

Support slot-2 GBA? NO
Support slot-2 rumble packs? NO
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? NO

BoxShot

Chiyo-chan :3
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WantMyMTV said:
Use? Play DS games without changing carts, watch movies/TV episodes
Price Range? Doesn't matter
Slot 1/2? Slot-1 (I think...)
Built in or expandable memory? If expandable means microSD then YES to expandable...
Special features?
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard2i, r4di (?)
Other?

7-year old son has DS...ready to upgrade to DSi XL...several friends have been trying to talk me into buying an r4ds for over a year...after losing another DS cart on a vacation trip, I'm ready to try to figure out custom firmware for the DS (it only took me a year or so to figure it out for my PSP)...the interface needs to be easy...my son, Nathan, can read but I don't want him trying to navigate several folder trees...recipe for disaster...just want the firmware to power up and provide a list of easy-to-read game titles that can be launched (no cryptic codes)...

Additionally, it would be nice if he could watch movies/TV episodes with the firmware...we've ripped his entire SpongeBob, Ben 10 and Avatar seasons to his iPod...it would be even nicer if the firmware would allow you to play the movies off another card in the DSi XL's SDHC slot...that way, I'm not limited to the microSD size and I can use the microSD to store games and run the firmware and separate SDHC cards to store movies (50MB for a DS game, right? and about 90MB for each 20 minute TV episode).

Finally, he likes to take pictures with his mother's cell phone, so it would also be nice if the firmware supported the DSi XL's cameras...

We will probably never run homebrew other than a good media player and good digital photo software on the DSi XL...he's not old enough to remember GBA, NES, SNES or Genesis games and is quite content with his DS games...he won't mess with skins, but he would probably be delighted with a Metroid or Metal Slug skin...

And I need a firmware card that's easy to setup...getting custom firmware up on the PSP so I could play PSP games and use emulators ruined what few brain cells that I have left...

Support slot-2 GBA? NO
Support slot-2 rumble packs? NO
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? NO
Not possible to do anything with the DSi XL. Only DS functions are usable. Cameras and the SD slot can't be used with the flashcart at all. DSi mode is not cracked either.
I'd suppose I'd recommend an iEDGE considering it's interface is a bit like an R4 with those 3 buttons. (Don't know if it has folder support but I'm pretty sure that game button only shows .nds files)
You can convert everything into .dpg with moonshell 2 tools. Then you can watch with moonshell 2. I don't know if everything will fit btw.

Remember that if you do get an iEDGE you need to update its bootstrap. Oh can your son handle pressing no to enabling cheats when he starts a game.

drugbringer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello all! First time poster, Just learning everything I can about the NDS scene. Figured this would be a good place to get some general info.

Use?: Playing NDS games. GBA a plus. Wouldn't mind messing with Homebrew and movie files, but I have know idea what to want
smile.gif

Price Range?: anything below 40 is fine. Don't mind a bit higher if it's awesome, but less money is always good.
Slot 1/2? Don't care. I guess .
Built in or expandable memory? I'd prefer expandable. I don't have an SD card, but I like the idea of being able to control these things.
Special features? Real Time saves. Mame and SNES9 and Vboy have gotten me hooked on it. I would never have beaten half the games I played on them without it
smile.gif

Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Acekard, CycloDS, EDGE, M3 Real/Zero
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA? Sure
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care (Do people really want their handheld to rumble?)
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? I don't even know if my DS fat CAN Browse the web?

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory?

So, I've been looking for a Flashcart for a day or two.

I know that AceKard dosen't support RTS, but it DOES have the best compatibility, which is really important to me.

Support is really what I'm asking about here. It's what's hardest to tell at a glance. For example, I really want to be able to play the new Pokemon stuff, but the card I was looking at the most, the R3, has the most problems. Is this usual? Or am I worrying for no reason? I don't want to make a kneejerk descion just because this one game is taking a little bit longer.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Tonight's nightmare sponsored but G-Fuel! lolo