Deck head
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
JereTHEend said:
But rest sounds about right, either acekard or M3 - that is other two ones getting hyped around it seems. If you go talk bad about other products people come out to defend them, like poking angry old turtle with stick.

Acekard would be good go too.

I love flashcart fanboys. They really make me laugh.

AK2 has amazing compatability M3 SUKS
M3 is better cuz it HAZ RTS

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? - Homebrew, Music (NOT MOONSHELL HOMEBREW), Games (Good compatibility)
Price Range? - Under $50 Canadian
Slot 1/2? - Slot 1 preferablly
Built in or expandable memory? -Expandable
Special features? - Nice menu (user friendly), Real-Time Save/cheat/guide, SDHC Support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular - AceKard 2, SC 2 (When it comes out), [Note no M3 Real/iZero, i already have one]

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? - Doesnt matter
Support slot-2 rumble packs? - Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? - No

andrewshen123

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? Games/video on DSLite, as well as DSi compatibility in case of upgrade
Price Range?Under $50 preferably
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? The more the better, but at the very least SDHC compatibility
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I've heard good things about the Acekard2i and M3i Zero. Also, the built-in emulators on the SUperCard DSTWO sounds really nice, but without a release date I'm not sure if it'd be worth the wait.
Other?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guess I should try to help people...

Bently said:
Special features? - Nice menu (user friendly), Real-Time Save/cheat/guide, SDHC Support
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular - AceKard 2, SC 2 (When it comes out), [Note no M3 Real/iZero, i already have one]

Hmm... For music, the only homebrew that actually loads .MP3s is Moonshell. If you don't want to use Moonshell, you are out of luck then and you will have to use another device for your music. [there is also Licks Media Player, but in my opinion, MoonShell is much better]

All the new flashcarts support SDHC, so that won't be a problem. For RTS/RTG/RTC... The only flashcart that I know that has all of those features is the SuperCard DS One. In the new firmware EOS [EvolutionOS] it supports all of those features. In addition to this, it also says that it supports longer save names [in the past, the old SuperCard firmware had a problem. That problem was that the saves files would be shortened which bothered many users] and it also supports the popular .DAT cheat format [in the past, the SuperCard team used some ANCIENT cheat system which has now been updated to the latest cheat system used today which is .DAT].

This new EOS firmware is compatible with the SuperCard DS ONE/ONEi. To be honest, I think this is all you really need. I am not too sure about what will be released with the SC 2 that will make it better, but right now, I believe that this is all you really need considering the usage of it. About Game Compatibility... Not sure. This new firmware is well... New. I can't say much about game compatibility.

If you don't really need RTS/RTG/RTC, then I will recommend you the AceKard 2i/AceKard 2.1. A custom firmware named akAIO [AIO stands for All In One] is one of the best firmwares out there in my opinion. It gets updated and keeps itself up to date with compatibility to be sure that your new games will always work. But keep in mind, this firmware isn't managed by the original AceKard Team but they recommend it.

Umm... For Rumble+GBA, I will just recommend you to buy a EZ-Flash 3 in 1. I am not too fond with using an expansion for GBA Games or using it as a expansion to allow the gaming of GBA games. But anyway, this is all I can recommend to you. I own one, and it isn't hard to use actually. It is compatible with the akAIO firmware [the creator of akAIO has implemented some features to make using the EZ-Flash easier for you] and I believe it is compatible with the SuperCard as well [will be testing it today to know if it works or not]

Where to buy:
- KickGaming

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Splych said:
Guess I should try to help people...

Bently said:

Hmm... For music, the only homebrew that actually loads .MP3s is Moonshell. If you don't want to use Moonshell, you are out of luck then and you will have to use another device for your music. [there is also Licks Media Player, but in my opinion, MoonShell is much better]

All the new flashcarts support SDHC, so that won't be a problem. For RTS/RTG/RTC... The only flashcart that I know that has all of those features is the SuperCard DS One. In the new firmware EOS [EvolutionOS] it supports all of those features. In addition to this, it also says that it supports longer save names [in the past, the old SuperCard firmware had a problem. That problem was that the saves files would be shortened which bothered many users] and it also supports the popular .DAT cheat format [in the past, the SuperCard team used some ANCIENT cheat system which has now been updated to the latest cheat system used today which is .DAT].

This new EOS firmware is compatible with the SuperCard DS ONE/ONEi. To be honest, I think this is all you really need. I am not too sure about what will be released with the SC 2 that will make it better, but right now, I believe that this is all you really need considering the usage of it. About Game Compatibility... Not sure. This new firmware is well... New. I can't say much about game compatibility.

If you don't really need RTS/RTG/RTC, then I will recommend you the AceKard 2i/AceKard 2.1. A custom firmware named akAIO [AIO stands for All In One] is one of the best firmwares out there in my opinion. It gets updated and keeps itself up to date with compatibility to be sure that your new games will always work. But keep in mind, this firmware isn't managed by the original AceKard Team but they recommend it.

Umm... For Rumble+GBA, I will just recommend you to buy a EZ-Flash 3 in 1. I am not too fond with using an expansion for GBA Games or using it as a expansion to allow the gaming of GBA games. But anyway, this is all I can recommend to you. I own one, and it isn't hard to use actually. It is compatible with the akAIO firmware [the creator of akAIO has implemented some features to make using the EZ-Flash easier for you] and I believe it is compatible with the SuperCard as well [will be testing it today to know if it works or not]

Where to buy:
- KickGaming

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bently said:
Hmm, So the AceKard 2/i doesn't support like .mp3 natively so you need to use MoonShell.. same with the .dpg videos right? (Since I own a M3 Real already with M3 Sakura on it [moonshell 2 base], i could use my M3 Real for music and AceKard (if i get one) for games, and homebrew.

Another problem is that I can't really buy online because my parent's get really frustrated and think they are being ripped off (insanely slow shipping rates) and they are just too asian ^^. So I have already found a store near my home city : www.mygamingmart.com (located in Richmond Hill, Ontario) and I plan on ordering on the site and intend to pick it up there. I would get the SuperCard One but its more pricey than the AceKard 2... but I will look at the review for SC one first and then ill decide ^^. Thanks for you're help, I was beginning to think no one read this topic anymore xD.
When you try to play a .mp3 file, it will just load it in LMP [Lick's Media Player]. So yes, the AceKard will not load .mp3 and .dpg files natively.

Hmm... Well, my parents are asian too x]. I would've recommended you to buy an AceKard 2i at a store called Sig Electronics. Thing is, they stopped selling the AceKard and only have the DSTT in stock which personally, is just a waste of money. I just ordered something at KickGaming today and chose their lowest shipping rate. Now lets see how long this will take [it was $6 CAD, and bought 2 things].

Have fun with what ever flashcart you decide on. Just bare in mind:
- for Games = AceKard + akAIO
- for Games + Media = M3Real + M3 Sakura or AceKard + MoonShell

I haven't posted in this topic for a LONG time. It's been really long since I actually helped someone, so I decided to help someone today. I own both a SuperCard and an AceKard. I use the AceKard more since it is well better... But that was before the release of the EOS firmware. I might consider trying out the EOS firmware, but at the moment, I have no time xP.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Splych said:
Bently said:
Hmm, So the AceKard 2/i doesn't support like .mp3 natively so you need to use MoonShell.. same with the .dpg videos right? (Since I own a M3 Real already with M3 Sakura on it [moonshell 2 base], i could use my M3 Real for music and AceKard (if i get one) for games, and homebrew.

Another problem is that I can't really buy online because my parent's get really frustrated and think they are being ripped off (insanely slow shipping rates) and they are just too asian ^^. So I have already found a store near my home city : www.mygamingmart.com (located in Richmond Hill, Ontario) and I plan on ordering on the site and intend to pick it up there. I would get the SuperCard One but its more pricey than the AceKard 2... but I will look at the review for SC one first and then ill decide ^^. Thanks for you're help, I was beginning to think no one read this topic anymore xD.
When you try to play a .mp3 file, it will just load it in LMP [Lick's Media Player]. So yes, the AceKard will not load .mp3 and .dpg files natively.

Hmm... Well, my parents are asian too x]. I would've recommended you to buy an AceKard 2i at a store called Sig Electronics. Thing is, they stopped selling the AceKard and only have the DSTT in stock which personally, is just a waste of money. I just ordered something at KickGaming today and chose their lowest shipping rate. Now lets see how long this will take [it was $6 CAD, and bought 2 things].

Have fun with what ever flashcart you decide on. Just bare in mind:
- for Games = AceKard + akAIO
- for Games + Media = M3Real + M3 Sakura or AceKard + MoonShell

I haven't posted in this topic for a LONG time. It's been really long since I actually helped someone, so I decided to help someone today. I own both a SuperCard and an AceKard. I use the AceKard more since it is well better... But that was before the release of the EOS firmware. I might consider trying out the EOS firmware, but at the moment, I have no time xP.

Wait a second.. theres a SiG Electronics store in Pacific Mall!? I never knew that D: , anyways I dont think I will want to buy a DSTT. Total ripoff, and also I can drive to MyGamingMart to get a DSTT for only $7 bucks.

Hmm, alright I think ill go with the AceKard 2 for the games. And ill just use my spare 1+2GB MicroSD with
my M3 Real for media. Thanks Again!
biggrin.gif

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had 3 AceKards and my sister has had 2 because they keep breaking. I bought DSTT for ~$5 from DX just to have an extra in case my AK breaks and the DSTT has been solid since i got it. It doesnt have any fancy features, but its cheap and works.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
NoSmokingBandit said:
I've had 3 AceKards and my sister has had 2 because they keep breaking. I bought DSTT for ~$5 from DX just to have an extra in case my AK breaks and the DSTT has been solid since i got it. It doesnt have any fancy features, but its cheap and works.

o-o, how did they even break??... DSTT isnt quite worth it though here in Canada (local shops) and they dont even sell AceKard's here.
Only M3 Real's and fake R4's which are like $100 -.- (in Pacific Mall at least)

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Bently said:
Wait a second.. theres a SiG Electronics store in Pacific Mall!? I never knew that D: , anyways I dont think I will want to buy a DSTT. Total ripoff, and also I can drive to MyGamingMart to get a DSTT for only $7 bucks.

Hmm, alright I think ill go with the AceKard 2 for the games. And ill just use my spare 1+2GB MicroSD with
my M3 Real for media. Thanks Again!
biggrin.gif

lol. Now you do then xD. DSTT, it terms of compatibility, it isn't the greatest. Same thing goes for the usage of cheats. Isn't that great... And when you get the extra change, you can even think about getting a DSTT to test it out. In my opinion, don't go for it. It is like throwing money down the toilet, but that's just my personal opinion. I am not here to start some fanboy wars or anything...

And good choice. You won't regret buying an AceKard. Just make sure you use the firmware called "akAIO" as that is the only firmware that actually gets updated.

NoSmokingBandit said:
You probably aren't taking care of them properly. The AceKard isn't the strongest flashcart out there. But if you can take good care of it, I guarantee you, it will not break.

If you keep your AceKard in your DS, then it shouldn't break at all. The Spring Loaded SD Card slot makes it even easier for you so that you don't have to remove your AceKard anymore; all you have to do is press on the MicroSD while it is in the flashcart and it will come out. Easy as that... Unless you got the AceKard from the past generation [which is the time when the FAT problem came up] then I can't say much.

But with the newer AceKards coming out, I am just saying, that they are much better than before. I haven't encountered the FAT error before and I have had my AceKard for about 6 months now.

The DSTT is a very strong flashcart, but isn't great when it comes to compatibility + cheat support. That's all I can say.

EDIT:
Bently said:
QUOTE(NoSmokingBandit @ Feb 14 2010, 11:52 PM)

o-o, how did they even break??... DSTT isnt quite worth it though here in Canada (local shops) and they dont even sell AceKard's here.
Only M3 Real's and fake R4's which are like $100 -.- (in Pacific Mall at least)
Ugh... I remember the day... Was it last year...? I think so or maybe 2 years ago. I was at P-Mall and was new to the flashcart scene. I was very... blind. I bought an R4DS... It was fake. I never knew it that day, but I finally realized it was fake after a few weeks. Couldn't return it. You know how asians are, they are just cheap. I spent $100 on it, but well, life isn't perfect. You will always go through things like this. You find a problem, go through it, and you will learn to avoid them.

Imagine what I could've bought with that money... A CycloDS Evolution + 16GB MicroSD. But what ever, the past is the past.

"Forget the past, live on to the future"

NoSmokingBandit

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've kept my AK in my DS all the time. I only ever took it out to get to the microSD card, and then i'd promptly put it back in. Im really anal about taking care of my stuff. They would work for about 3 months then stop loading any game about halfway through.

Not a big deal though, as long as i get to play games i am happy.

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
NoSmokingBandit said:
I've kept my AK in my DS all the time. I only ever took it out to get to the microSD card, and then i'd promptly put it back in. Im really anal about taking care of my stuff. They would work for about 3 months then stop loading any game about halfway through.

Not a big deal though, as long as i get to play games i am happy.
Hmm... I am just guessing you had a bad batch. I have had my AceKard for double the amount of time and mine works perfectly.

Bently

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Lol, I probably will be just buying the AceKard, I dont want to waste money for something that worthless.

Also, when i bought my M3 Real at Pmall 2 1/2 -3 years ago it was $100 CAD, felt ripped off... anyways it was real (at least thats what i stll think) since it hasnt had any save problems (besides the size of saves) and other stuff for the past 2 1/2 - 3 years.

pacha69

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
Ok, here's the deal, recently I lost my Supercard dsone
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif
And those are the choices I have to buy a new one.

R4DS
DSTT
M3 DS Real
Cyclo DS
R4-SDHC
Supercard DSONE
Acekard 2i
DSTT i
EZ-Flash Vi
M3i Zero
R4i Gold Edition

My systems are ds lite, and phat ds. Which one do I buy ?

Thx in advance.

Kio Mori

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be that guy that looks rude or impatient but my post appears to have been overlooked as all questions after mine have been replied to.

Kio Mori said:
Use? Games
Price Range? $30 preferred
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Special features? Wii compatibility (optional)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard 2i, M3 DS Real

Hello!

I have an old DS Phat and have no intention of buying a DS Lite or DSi.

From what I've seen for the price range, the AceKard 2 is the most frequently recommended. It looks like there's been a bad run of AceKard 2 lately so I'd rather play it safe and pick up the AceKard 2i. The community seems active and AKAOI looks really nice.

My online friend uses an M3 DS Real from a couple years ago. She claims there haven't been any problems with newer games. This cart seems to be recommended more often for the DS Phat.

Would it really be any better to spend a little more for the CycloDS? Wii compatibility is nice but entirely optional as I have no compatible Wii games right now. I also don't need any special features. As long as it eventually plays games and loads the game list fairly quickly I'll be happy.

All opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
After some more reading, I'm leaning even more toward the AceKard 2i.

If you think I should get the M3 DS Real or CycloDS instead, could you explain why?

GreenScythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? games (must be compatible with M&L3)
Price Range? $10 - $25
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Special features? A pleasant looking GUI, no-hassle cheats, Real-time saving would be a very nice addition (though not necessary)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I was doing a little research and the Supercard DS ONE v3 seems to fit the bill.
Other? Support SDHC

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't Care

I just have one question. When sites list "Supercard DS ONE (SDHC)," is that the v3 version of the card? If not, does it really matter? I was looking at this Supercard DS ONE in particular

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
@Bently ~ That's alright. People go through things like that. Things like that only make life real.

@pacha69 ~ yeah, you never followed the format, but from what i can tell, you will only be using it to load DS Games. If that's so, I recommend getting a AceKard 2i. It has all the basic needs for a flashcart and it has good support for whenever you encounter a problem or need help. A CycloDS is quite pricey actually, and many of the features that are in the CycloDS aren't used by some people. [ie. RTS, RTG]. If you won't be using those features, than I recommend to just get a AceKard 2i. You will be saving money... A lot of money.

--

Kio Mori said:
Use? Games
Price Range? $30 preferred
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Special features? Wii compatibility (optional)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard 2i, M3 DS Real

Hello!

I have an old DS Phat and have no intention of buying a DS Lite or DSi.

From what I've seen for the price range, the AceKard 2 is the most frequently recommended. It looks like there's been a bad run of AceKard 2 lately so I'd rather play it safe and pick up the AceKard 2i. The community seems active and AKAOI looks really nice.

My online friend uses an M3 DS Real from a couple years ago. She claims there haven't been any problems with newer games. This cart seems to be recommended more often for the DS Phat.

Would it really be any better to spend a little more for the CycloDS? Wii compatibility is nice but entirely optional as I have no compatible Wii games right now. I also don't need any special features. As long as it eventually plays games and loads the game list fairly quickly I'll be happy.

All opinions are appreciated. Thanks!
huh... never saw this one. sorry, here, i will be the one to help you out.

the only flashcart out there that has Wii Connectivity is the CycloDS. It seems that you are only looking for a flashcart that will be loading your games quickly, and have good support.

i myself, own a AceKard 2 and a M3Real. Both are very good flashcarts, but when I play, I feel that the only thing I do use my flashcart for is to load games. the AceKard + akAIO = good results. game compatibility is well, and the team that works on the firmware is very... hardworking. they actually update the firmware unlike the official AceKard Team. many people in this forum [or at least active people] own an AceKard. we can give you support and help if you have any problems or need any help with your AceKard. So I would recommend getting an AceKard 2/2i.

Oh and also, your friend that was saying something about the M3Real + a DS Phat, yeah no difference. maybe she is just trying to get you to buy a M3Real as any flashcart would load exactly the same in comparison to a DS Lite to a DS Phat.

QUOTE(GreenScythe @ Feb 16 2010, 02:48 PM) Use? games (must be compatible with M&L3)
Price Range? $10 - $25
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Special features? A pleasant looking GUI, no-hassle cheats, Real-time saving would be a very nice addition (though not necessary)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular I was doing a little research and the Supercard DS ONE v3 seems to fit the bill.
Other? Support SDHC

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Don't Care

I just have one question. When sites list "Supercard DS ONE (SDHC)," is that the v3 version of the card? If not, does it really matter? I was looking at this Supercard DS ONE in particular
I recommend either the AceKard 2/2i [it has everything that you requested except for Real Time Save], M3 Real [has all the things that you have requested] or the SuperCard DS ONE [you could wait for the DS TWO, as apparently, they predict it will have the same hardware as the iPlayer while will allow you to use many emulators that the DS ONE can't].

First of all, it seems you are interested in loading GBA Games as well. I must be honest and loading GBA Games on the AceKard + EZ-Flash 3in1 Expansion is quite a hassle. It may just be me, but I wouldn't see it is completely user friendly. When it comes to loading GBA Games, I would prefer to have a separate flashcart for that. By pairing the AceKard 2/2i + akAIO firmware + EZ-Flash 3in1, you would have a good combination in terms of compatibility and price. Cheats use the modern day cheat system [I will just say, the common cheat system, .DAT] and you can get the latest cheats from the GBAtemp cheat database which is managed by Narin. [I am not sure, but I believe that there are others that help him compile the cheats].

The M3Real looks quite easy to use when trying to load both NDS Games + GBA Games. The only sad thing is that it requires the official M3Real GBA Expansion to use the features of the M3Real's GBA Loader. If you were to use an EZ-Flash 3in1, you wouldn't be able to use GBA Cheats but I believe that it will be able to load GBA Games the same way it does with the M3Real Expansion or the EZ-Flash 3in1. It has Real Time Save which is one of the features you are looking for but this flashcart is a little pricey in terms of bundling these two items together. Cheats are easy to handle as well... Narin has the correct cheat files for all NDS Flashcarts.

The SuperCard DS ONE indicated in your link, it is the SDHC v3. I am not sure about loading GBA Games on this, but it has recently released it's new OS called EOS [EvolutionOS]. I tried it out to see a preview, it is much better than the old firmware. The cheats were easy to handle, but usually, they would give you a set of buttons to press when activating some cheats. I couldn't seem to find the little note on what buttons to press so that may be a problem. It has Real Time Save and they fixed up the Real Time Guide system [they used to have some ugly green font. now they use a nice, clean, simple font which was a HUGE improvement]. They even fixed their save system so now, it will accept long save names [they used to have shortcuts. Now they use the full name]. Personally, if you can take your time and learn the EOS, I believe it will be a very good flashcart for you [the SuperCard DS ONE]. IT may take time and it most likely will, but in my opinion, you should buy an AceKard.

Mainly because it is inexpensive and the akAIO firmware is very nice. If you want to have Real Time Save, then go for the SuperCard DS ONE. The EOS firmware makes it look very nice. And if you want to have RealTimeSave and load GBA Games, I recommend that you should get the M3Real Perfect Bundle.

Any questions, just post up and ask. Oh and one more thing, I know the new Mario and Luigi RPG is compatible with the AceKard as I have tested it myself!

GreenScythe

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
splych, that has got to be the most informative and complete answer i have ever gotten on any forum of any kind.

Thanks a bunch for that amazing answer.
bow.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: I just Luv having CEX :)