Hacking Post your questions about which flashcart to buy

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
By your response I can assume that you never have experienced using an M3 Real + GBA Expansion, I suggest you read the review you'll find that it is alot better than you think.

QUOTE said:
Yeah right and it does so why exactly? They both play GBA-games. And they both play all GBA-games. So where does the M3 rule in terms of "combinations and compatibility"?

M3 Real + GBA Expansion has RTS does Cyclo DS and 3 in 1 have it? hmmm I wonder...
Obviously the M3 Real will have better functionality with the GBA Expansion pack than the Cyclo + 3 in 1, I mean it was released with that in mind. Whilst the Cyclo firmware for the 3 in 1 is a mere 3rd party implementation based upon popularity, the M3 Real + GBA Expansion are literally made for each other (and obviously the 3 in 1 was not made for the Cyclo). Clearly the GBA Expansion would therefore have more effort and time put into implementing it seamlessly into the M3 Real GUI, which it is.

Oh and as a clarification, I meant compatibility for each other, not in terms of ROMS.
QUOTE said:
The battery runs out after some time. Big whoop. Put a new one in, they are like $1. And afaik the M3 also saves with a battery, so it has the same problem.

The battery time is easily longer than the 3 in 1 and has minimal problems. Many people are receiving 3 in 1s with dead batteries, yet this never happens with the M3 Real, here is evidence this thread and this thread. Also, you will find that the majority of the population does not know how to solder in a battery, and even those that do accidentally burn the battery life in doing so, evidence. It's great that you do have those skills, and you must be very proud of them, not all of us are that gifted though, so please be considerate.

Yeah except that they don't play GBA games better. Are you pulling these things out of your ass?

A dedicated slot 2 flash cart such as the M3 Lite has RTS as well as GBA cheat options. Does the 3 in 1 + Cyclo DS have this?? Hmmm... I wonder yet again... Apart from not having GBA RTS support, cheats have to be patched into the game and you don't have a menu to choose them.

Once again I remind you, we are talking in terms of playing GBA games only, so don't tell me oh but 3 in 1 has RAM, he doesn't need it as stated in the post further back.

Have a good day sir.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
ShAdOwFuRi said:
M3 Real + GBA Expansion has RTS does Cyclo DS and 3 in 1 have it? hmmm I wonder...
Obviously the M3 Real will have better functionality with the GBA Expansion pack than the Cyclo + 3 in 1, I mean it was released with that in mind. Whilst the Cyclo firmware for the 3 in 1 is a mere 3rd party implementation based upon popularity, the M3 Real + GBA Expansion are literally made for each other (and obviously the 3 in 1 was not made for the Cyclo). Clearly the GBA Expansion would therefore have more effort and time put into implementing it seamlessly into the M3 Real GUI, which it is.

Oh and as a clarification, I meant compatibility for each other, not in terms of ROMS.
Sorry but my Windows and Firefox weren't made for each other and still Firefox is better than the Internet Explorer. How the hell can that be?! -.-
Sure the M3 has RTS and cheats but that's pretty much the only thing it has over a Cyclo - EZ3in1 combo. What better functionality could it have? You choose a game, you hit "A" and the game loads.

QUOTE said:
The battery time is easily longer than the 3 in 1 and has minimal problems. Many people are receiving 3 in 1s with dead batteries, yet this never happens with the M3 Real, here is evidence this thread and this thread. Also, you will find that the majority of the population does not know how to solder in a battery, and even those that do accidentally burn the battery life in doing so, evidence. It's great that you do have those skills, and you must be very proud of them, not all of us are that gifted though, so please be considerate.
There are muuuuuuuuch more people who have an EZ 3in1 so ofcourse there will be lots more problem-reports. I have had a 3in1 for over a year now and the battery is still going strong.

QUOTE said:
A dedicated slot 2 flash cart such as the M3 Lite has RTS as well as GBA cheat options. Does the 3 in 1 + Cyclo DS have this?? Hmmm... I wonder yet again... Apart from not having GBA RTS support, cheats have to be patched into the game and you don't have a menu to choose them.
Well maybe you should specify what you mean next time. This has nothing to do with playing GBA games better, which you said. Those are extra features. Apart from cheats he hasn't said, that he wants them and for that he can continue using his actual Action Replay.
It would be nonsense for him to buy a M3 real with GBA Extension for about $40 and thereby downgrading his Slot1-card, when he can get an EZ 3in1 for $20 and keep the best Slot1-card there is.
You are just a fanboy and you give bad advise because of it.

Once again I remind you, we are talking in terms of playing GBA games only, so don't tell me oh but 3 in 1 has RAM, he doesn't need it as stated in the post further back.
I never talked about the RAM. The only one whos constanly bringing it up is you.

ShAdOwFuRi

Trophies
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
Well maybe you should specify what you mean next time. This has nothing to do with playing GBA games better, which you said. Those are extra features. Apart from cheats he hasn't said, that he wants them and for that he can continue using his actual Action Replay.
It would be nonsense for him to buy a M3 real with GBA Extension for about $40 and thereby downgrading his Slot1-card, when he can get an EZ 3in1 for $20 and keep the best Slot1-card there is.
You are just a fanboy and you give bad advise because of it.

In that case the Cyclo DS is not much better than the Acekard 2 I mean it only has a few 'extra features' doesn't make it that much better, people won't spend 2-3 times more just for extra features yeah? Features make all the difference!!

Of course it is not money efficient, but once again I remind you we are speaking in terms of slot 2, the request was purely slot 2, so the actual playing of DS games is irrelevant. Thus the downgrading of the slot 1 cart is also irrelevant.

For your information, I actually do not have an M3 Real, I know this information because I have read various reviews on this forum as well as dsdatabase, as well as watched countless videos. The advice I am giving is therefore not Fanboy advice.

I would agree with you in saying that getting the EZ 3 in 1 is the most value for money as well as efficient choice in terms of money as well as the overall DS + GBA package

QUOTEThere are muuuuuuuuch more people who have an EZ 3in1 so ofcourse there will be lots more problem-reports. I have had a 3in1 for over a year now and the battery is still going strong.

Exactly, but as far as I know the GBA Expansion of the M3 Real has no battery issues, so why risk it, this is of course putting aside the monetary cost involved.

I completely understand where you are coming from making such a suggestion, I am simply saying that either of these combinations will allow you to play GBA games more comfortably more so than the Cyclo DS + 3 in 1. On the whole it is not logical at all I agree, since most people would play alot more DS games than GBA. I'm merely stating that there is this option available.

Rabbits_Galore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Ah, I got my DS back. x] Found it in my locker and the person had sold alot of my TWEWY pins and used 500 000 yen.. and fed Joshua and Neku some really weird stuff that I was saving up for later. >___>

I just need confirmation to do with Dealextreme. It left Hong Kong on the 25th, so it should be here[Canada] soon, right?

AD35

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just an update from my post, and thanks for everyone's help. I decided to get a CycloDS just because of its support, and I didn't really need GBA games...

Thanks for the help everyone.

Sahink

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Use? Homebrew, music
Price Range? under 50
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expandable
GBA compatibility? no necesary
Special features? SDHC compatibility, automatic DLDI
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular edge and cyclods

like you can see im not really interested in roms I want to use it for homebrew and transform the ds in to a PDA and an mp3 player.
does the cyclods is really worth it? all I hear about its features that really makes the difference are all the options with roms which I dont care about so I think Ill go with the Edge.
any opinions?

ipumuk

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Edge or Acecard 2.1 or Supercard DSONE SDHC

ok i read all the reviews.

now these 3 cards cost between 25 and 35 euro and all got a GOLD award by the gbatemp reviewers.

which one should i buy?

I want:
- NDS games
- homebrew support
- fast browsing / fast OS
- simple drag 'n drop of roms onto the sd card
- real time save would be nice, but is not necessary

I do not want/need:
- gba rom support
- a new firmwere whenever a new rom is released
- features like slow motion, mp3, video, ebook reader, mediaplayer etc.
- patching of roms / different settings for each rom (like g6 lite, which i currently use)

which of these 3 cards would you chose?

JongSeok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? Games, music(not absolutely needed), images, videos, CHEATS (needed!)
Price Range? 20-40
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? micro sd
Special features? it would be nice if someone told me some special features
biggrin.gif
cause i don't know any special awesome special features
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Cyclods, dstt, acekard2
Other? VERY good cheat engine (im looking for cheats and look (interface, and exterior look), and compatibility, and reliability the most)
For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? no
Support slot-2 rumble packs? no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? no

Rabbits_Galore

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm sorry for being such a stalker on this thread, and I'm not sure if my questions are really appreciated since they aren't very related.....

Well, I got my order. and as somebody said, I got the orange batch of the microSD reader, it broke, and now I need help on what kind of reader I can get. I can't use an adapter[those square thingies that look like SD's] cause my computer doesn't have the slot for it. I borrowed a reader from my friend but it's not exactly mine. Does anyone know what is a good microSD reader and what is not?

Splych

GBAtemp's Lurker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I remember this thread... ^^
Haven't been here for a while.

JongSeok said:
Price Range? 20-40
Slot 1/2? 1
biggrin.gif
Other? VERY good cheat engine (im looking for cheats and look (interface, and exterior look), and compatibility, and reliability the most)
Support slot-2 GBA? no
Cheats is a sure? lol, CHEATER! Jks, anyway, I would go with what you recommended... I will try and go as thorough as possible.

CycloDS Evolution
- Compatible with SDHC
- Has RTC (Real Time Cheat, allowing you to turn cheats on and off during a game)
- Has RTG (Real Time Guide, allowing you to read text files, used mostly for walkthroughs)
- Has RTS (Real Time Save, allowing you to save anywhere in a game, but not using the games built-in saver)
- Has Slow-Mo (Yay, slow the speed down)
- Very good compatibility with games and cheats
- Team Cyclo is very active, and reply very well (from what I read)

AceKard 2
- Compatible with SDHC
- Basic features, such as Auto-DLDI patching
- Fast GUI, and very clean
- Good cheats and game compatibility

DSTT
- Compatible with SDHC
- GUI is garbage. Does not have an interface ><
- Cheats, are not that good. I used to use it, and it sucked.
- Cheapest out there, but like what some people say, you get what you pay for.

Every flashcart uses MoonShell as their default music player. It plays .dpg videos, and a few music files (don't know exactly which one, but MP3 is one for sure xD) Also try to look for an AceKard2.1 as these ones are the newer batches.

But it at:
- DealWoot.com (For CycloDS Evolution)
- DealExtreme.com (For AceKard 2.1 and DSTT)

QUOTE(Rabbits_Galore @ Feb 4 2009, 10:43 PM) I'm sorry for being such a stalker on this thread, and I'm not sure if my questions are really appreciated since they aren't very related.....

Well, I got my order. and as somebody said, I got the orange batch of the microSD reader, it broke, and now I need help on what kind of reader I can get. I can't use an adapter[those square thingies that look like SD's] cause my computer doesn't have the slot for it. I borrowed a reader from my friend but it's not exactly mine. Does anyone know what is a good microSD reader and what is not?

I use a Transcend Compact Card Reader S5. I think it is pretty good considering the use for me. If you are looking for a solo Micro SD Card reader, then you can try... I have no idea what you should try.

There are a few at this site: http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.300

Good luck, and cheers.

Have any questions, just PM here.

DA808CHOPSHOP

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? All Games, Homebrew, DLDI, What else can a DS do? Web Browse?
Price Range? Under $60
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Yes Micro SDHC
Special features? Easy to use, Nice GUI, Drag-Drop, Cheats anything else cool, but no programing.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular R4, DSTT, and Cyclo
Other? I would like a good cart with a good site that will have regular software updates etc.

Support slot-2 GBA? Maybe
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Maybe
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Sure!

If you tell me what cart I should buy, please tell me why not the other two, and if you tell me a specific cart, please tell me the BEST place to buy from USA.

Thanks

JongSeok

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Echo said:
I remember this thread... ^^
Haven't been here for a while.

JongSeok said:
Price Range? 20-40
Slot 1/2? 1
biggrin.gif
Support slot-2 GBA? no
Cheats is a sure? lol, CHEATER! Jks, anyway, I would go with what you recommended... I will try and go as thorough as possible.

CycloDS Evolution
- Compatible with SDHC
- Has RTC (Real Time Cheat, allowing you to turn cheats on and off during a game)
- Has RTG (Real Time Guide, allowing you to read text files, used mostly for walkthroughs)
- Has RTS (Real Time Save, allowing you to save anywhere in a game, but not using the games built-in saver)
- Has Slow-Mo (Yay, slow the speed down)
- Very good compatibility with games and cheats
- Team Cyclo is very active, and reply very well (from what I read)

AceKard 2
- Compatible with SDHC
- Basic features, such as Auto-DLDI patching
- Fast GUI, and very clean
- Good cheats and game compatibility

DSTT
- Compatible with SDHC
- GUI is garbage. Does not have an interface ><
- Cheats, are not that good. I used to use it, and it sucked.
- Cheapest out there, but like what some people say, you get what you pay for.

Every flashcart uses MoonShell as their default music player. It plays .dpg videos, and a few music files (don't know exactly which one, but MP3 is one for sure xD) Also try to look for an AceKard2.1 as these ones are the newer batches.

But it at:
- DealWoot.com (For CycloDS Evolution)
- DealExtreme.com (For AceKard 2.1 and DSTT)

QUOTE(Rabbits_Galore @ Feb 4 2009, 10:43 PM) I'm sorry for being such a stalker on this thread, and I'm not sure if my questions are really appreciated since they aren't very related.....

I use a Transcend Compact Card Reader S5. I think it is pretty good considering the use for me. If you are looking for a solo Micro SD Card reader, then you can try... I have no idea what you should try.

There are a few at this site: http://www.dealextreme.com/products.dx/category.300

Good luck, and cheers.

Have any questions, just PM here.

ah...
i heard that ak2 + AKAIO has the best cheat compatibility
and that cyclods has very good interface but is expensive
i don't think im going to get ddts anymore cuse of what you said
edit: im looking at dealextreme and it looks like it has some pretty sweet deals
11 dollars for an ak2?
dang... i don't no if its authentic though...
Can you confirm that it is?
and also i hear that ak2 freezes sometimes...
but someone also said that it has 100% compatibility (actually most said that)
so im not sure who to believe.. XD
and btw i don't think im going to get a cyclods i mean 40$? really compared to the measly 11 dollars for ak2
and whats the difference between ak2 and ak2i except that it can play on the ndsi
i don't really see a difference
is it faster running? more sturdly built (got a lot of bad ratings on build quality), better compatibility (101%?
tongue.gif
)
ok im SURE im going to get either a ak2 or ak2i but i can't get it until i see the difference between them...
the only difference im hearing of is that ak2i works with dsi games which aren't even out yet...
and its about 7 dollars higher in price than the ak2
and also do they like fedex package it to your home
or do they mail it?
and it literally goes inside your mailbox
ok sorry for editing so much >.<
but THERE ARE A WHOLE BUNCH OF COMMENTS saying that the ak2.1 is defective or becoming defective after a week of use or more
or the stickers come upside down
or the things that hold it together are coming apart
im scared this will happen to me because i only get a 1 shot chance

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Imo Acekard2 would be best for you. In terms of homebrew compatibility all cards are the same since auto DLDI-patching became standard, so you can just go for a cheap one with an intuitive menue, which the Acekard2 is.
You can get it very cheap at dealextreme. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142
And I recommend the alternate firmware AKAIO for it: http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=130921

You might want to get an EZ 3 in 1 later on, as some homebrew profits from the additional RAM it provides. http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967 But for starters you probably won't need it.

ltdm206

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay guys please guide me as to which flashcart to buy. I have an original "Phat" silver DS.

These are the features that are important to me, in order of importance.
1. Safe - won't hurt my DS.
2. ROMS
3. SDHC
4. Save state at any time during gameplay
5. easy to use
6. play music and movies (replacing my ipod)
7. Price $$$
8. Battery life
9. Dependability
10. Save directly to MicroSD

optionally...
11.download play

Things I don't care about:
1. homebrew
2. dual slot

From what I can garner, the CycloDS Evolution is the best flashcart, but if I don't care at all about homebrew, is there an equally good and yet cheaper solution for me?

Thanks everyone!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: this one +1