Special features? eg. SDHC compatibility, rumble, internet
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular no idea
Acekard2 and EZ 3 in 1.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Cyclo has Realtimesave, ingame guide, an ingame menu and perfect Wii- DS- connectivity, the Acekard2 hasn't. But with a Cyclo and an EZ 3 in 1 you will be above your 60$ limit...

unibiggle1

Trophies
XP
Country
Which is the best flash cart to get, price is not an issue.

I have been screwing for ages ordered an m3 real and got sent an R4 which aren't updating anymore as far as i can gather!

So i need to know the best card around.

Many thanks

Gamer

DS Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.pikaflash.com
XP
Country
Mexico
From EDGE and SuperCard DS ONE... which one you recommend me to get?

I'm looking for *perfect* compatibility for games, i don't care a lot about extra features (like skins, menu, and so on)... but i DO want to use cheats, to be stable (so don't get broken very easily) and if it's possible Real Time Save support. This one is for my little niece.

Also, which one has better updates? (i mean, fixing new games that don't work)...

I was also looking for a TTDS, seems to have a very good compatibility, it's cheaper and get frequently updates... but don't know yet
frown.gif

Thanks a lot!!

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Imo the Supercard is one of the worst cards to get, because all the features it has are half-done, including game-support (some problem games won't work) and those features will never be finished. Though you'll hear different opinions about that...

Is RTS a hughe priority. If so there are just 3 cards left: CycloDS (best and most expensive), EZ V (has a lot of potential, imo) and M3 Real (I don't like it).

If not I would get an Acekard2. It's the best budget card and dirt cheap at dealextreme.

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys i still cant decide on which one to get i have narrowed it down to

Supercard
Cyclo DS
EZ V

Again i had an ezflash 5 before and i loved how it worked and these new features look great but i am really wanting RTS and RTG. I want RTG more though because i can imagine what game i would use RTS for because i personally dont like RPGs (really what kind of games is it for?) No matter which one i get i do want a 3 in 1 as well but that is not imperative i could get it later on.

Cyclo DS: This cart looks amazing and extremely polished i can see why it is the best on the market the only problem is that its about $25 extra and with and 3 in 1 the total would come to $75 shipped

Supercard: is alot cheaper and has all the same features but from what i read on dsdatabase.org it is not as reliable and even though it is faster you could lose your save, and that reading guides on it are really bad compared to Cyclo DS

EZFlash 5: I really liked this cart it did everything i ever needed it to do and with these new updates it looks even better. I would not use RTS until it is fully developed but how is the RTG how does it look? I cant find any videos on it is it easy to read and use like the Cyclo DS?

.:drk_drgn:.

rawr
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Use? I want to be able to play all/most comercial games, do homebrew, use it with guitar grip for guitar hero and others, memory expansion pack thing that comes with 'Opera Web Browser', make it slot 1.
Price Range? IDK
Slot 1/2? 1 ^^,
Built in or expandable memory? Err idk... I have opera browser expansion thingy ^^
Special features? Drag and drop files without conversion or anything.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Nope, im a retard.
Other? Want guitar grip, ram expansion.

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Not neccary.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Rumble? NO (well im not going to use)
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? if it can

Thanks

EDIT: Does anyone know where I can get a guitar grip (no game) third party or real, that works with a phat DS?

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
You can get the GH third party grip at

Dealextreme.com - prices are extremely cheap and shipping is free but it can take 2-3 weeks
Kickgaming.com - Really nice store good prices nice service, good shipping

Okay well all almost all flashcarts let you use the memory expansion if you do have it. For you uses which are just basics i would reccomend the Acekard 2 because it is really cheap and does everything for a great price and is easy to use.

.:drk_drgn:.

rawr
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Well, I looked at a review of the Acekard 2, and looks pretty cool.
yaynds.gif

But I still have some questions
tongue.gif

Does it support guitar grip?
Does it support commercial download play? (like the ackard 2 has a game on it, and it sends the game to someone else who doesnt, and it works)
Does it support the Opera Ram Expansion pack?
What does that EZ 3 in 1 thing do other than play GBA games?
Does that EZ 3 in 1 thing work with it? (the thing that lets you play gba games)

Thanks ^^

EDIT: Wait, are the grips on those sites compatible with my PHAT DS?

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
But I still have some questions

Does it support guitar grip?
Does it support commercial download play? (like the ackard 2 has a game on it, and it sends the game to someone else who doesnt, and it works)
Does it support the Opera Ram Expansion pack?
What does that EZ 3 in 1 thing do other than play GBA games?
Does that EZ 3 in 1 thing work with it? (the thing that lets you play gba games)

Thanks ^^

EDIT: Wait, are the grips on those sites compatible with my PHAT DS?

1. I am not completly sure about this one but i am pretty sure it does because that is what the 3rd party controllers were made to do
2. Yes it has 100 % download play on it
3. I am almost 100 % sure it does because every other cart does so this is a higher end card so it should support the Ram expansion pack
4. The EZ Flash 3 in 1 plays GBA games, has a ram pack inside it, and gives certain games rumble
5. Yes the Ezflash 3 in 1 works with it but is not natively supported you use a homebrew to do it. (this is the same with all flashcarts except for the Cyclo DS and EZ flash 5)

I dont think that the grips that i have seen are compatible with the DS Phat................

alucardevl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Use? primarily games and homebrew, but music/video would be nice
Price Range? $20-$40, not including memory card or GBA slot items (willing to consider higher prices)
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? I'm willing to go for either if a good reason is provided
GBA compatibility? would be nice, but not a primary concern
Special features? SDHC compatibility. Real time save preferred but not required. Also, while I dont know much about automatic DLDI, from what I've read it seems to be nice to have for homebrew
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular All of them. My problem is that each time I read a new review, I think "why don't I get this one," but I never stop reading reviews and subsequently haven't purchased one.

In addition I'm looking for recommendation on retailers, as I've heard that there are fakes/clones floating around depending on where you make your purchase.

Programix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi, my old M3 CF broke and I want to buy a new flashcart. I don't want to buy a slot 2 anymore, please, help me decide
biggrin.gif

Use? Mostly homebrew, music and videos but some support on other games would be cool.
Price Range? Dunno
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Uhh... i don't care
Special features? Motion Sensor would be cool
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Perhaps MK-R6 Gold looks cool (it has motion sensor!) or TTDS or maybe Acekard 2. I don't know yet.
Other?

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? I don't care.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? I don't care.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? That would be cool

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
For alucardevl I would say for your use i would recommend the Acekard 2 or EZ flash 5, or Supercard DS

All of those are under $40, Supercard being $35, EZ Flash 5 Plus being $25-$30, Acekard being $15-$20

All of those have auto DLDI, have homebrew support, music/video, and 100% compatibility.

I would use expandable memory because it is so much easier, and better to use because you can have multiple cards if you want or if it does get up you can get a bigger size or new card. Also they all have SDHC

Now here is where it gets interesting.
Supercard has RTS in there and it works pretty well and fast, but it can be hard to set up because it is complicated

EZ Flash 5 Plus : the team for this cart is amazing with support they have added in so many features that EZ flash 5 is starting to become a really high end card with great support. Just recently it added Real time save but this is just a beta but it has great potential, so in a bit the bugs should be fixed, but everything else works perfectly

Acekard 2 : The cheapest does not have RTS but is a simple card to set up and use and has every basic feature you stated and is a great choice for a beginner along with the EZ flash 5

For GBA support along with Ram expansion (internet), and rumble go for the EZ flash 3 in 1. It is a slot 2 card which is about 20$ but it is very well worth it if you want gba and all that stuff.

Lastly for a list of all trusted retailers go here http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=33039

good luck and post if you need any help

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Programix why do you want motion sensor? I believe there is only 1 or 2 games which actually use it and they are japanese and now with the new DSi coming out there wont be any more motion sensor games to come.

Zamo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi guys can you help me decide on a cart:

Use? Games, homebrew
Price Range? Cheap =/
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? expendable
Special features? the basics; cheats, drag 'n drop, auto-dldi etc.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular TT and AK2
Other? Something reliable.

Thanks
yaynds.gif

Programix

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
apb407 said:
Programix why do you want motion sensor? I believe there is only 1 or 2 games which actually use it and they are japanese and now with the new DSi coming out there wont be any more motion sensor games to come.
I want it for homebrew. I'm coding for NDS a bit and coding for motion sensor is even more fun
yaynds.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/22tVWwmTie8?si=2CEDZldUW5ODozYh meh