Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable, or both
Special features? Good Download Player and multiplayer compatibilty
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Acekard RPG and CycloDS

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes

I'm looking to buy either the CycloDS or the Acekard RPG, along with an EzFlash 3-in-1. I like the fact that the RPG has fast internal memory for any games that I backup which will run slowly, and it serves as a backup if my SD card dies, but the CycloDS is cheaper and more available here in the UK.

ATM I have 2 DSs with FlashMe v8 installed, using a Supercard SD and DS-X, and I can't get games I backup to each card to run in multicart mode (e.g. Fifa 09), so with the new flashcart Download Play and multiplayer compatibility is very important to me. Which of the 2 cards would you recommend for backup compatibility, company support, multiplayer compatibility, and full homebrew compatibility?

Lumstar

Princess
Trophies
Website
eonhack.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
Use? Performance in GBA games that are slow on my old slot2, more storage space for DS games.
Price Range? Preferably under $50.
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable or both.
Special features? Wii connectivity for Pokemon Battle Revolution, etc.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Not at the moment.
Other? Absolutely must run F-Zero Climax at identical speed to a real cart and save correctly in it. This game uses a big savetype, like Super Mario Advance 4.

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? If possible.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Nice, but not essential.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haruhi said:
Use? Performance in GBA games that are slow on my old slot2, more storage space for DS games.
Price Range? Preferably under $50.
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable or both.
Special features? Wii connectivity for Pokemon Battle Revolution, etc.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Not at the moment.
Other? Absolutely must run F-Zero Climax at identical speed to a real cart and save correctly in it. This game uses a big savetype, like Super Mario Advance 4.

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? If possible.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Nice, but not essential.
Afaik only the Cyclo has Pokemon Connectivity. So if that's importnt for you, you would have to go with it.
For GBA: Can't you just continue using your old Slot-2?

CyborGamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Use? GBA games, homebrews, music, and videos
Price Range? N/A
Slot 1/2? 2
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Cheats support + Soft reset + Good compatibility + Auto patch (If possible)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular N/A
Other? -Compatible with R4DS -Black colour -DS Lite slot 2 cartridge

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory? Difference?

It doesn't have to fit the criteria exactly, but GBA games and multimedia is a priority.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Haruhi said:
For most games, yes. But this is a slower slot2 cart. Very demanding games are sluggish on it.
In this case you should get a EZ 3 in 1. It works well with the Cyclo and is really cheap at dealextreme.

QUOTE(CyborGamer @ Nov 1 2008, 03:34 AM) Use? GBA games, homebrews, music, and videos
Price Range? N/A
Slot 1/2? 2
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? Cheats support + Soft reset + Good compatibility + Auto patch (If possible)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular N/A
Other? -Compatible with R4DS -Black colour -DS Lite slot 2 cartridge

For slot-2's (ignore if you want a slot-1): expansion pack or its own memory? Difference?

It doesn't have to fit the criteria exactly, but GBA games and multimedia is a priority.
Ok an Ez Flash 3 in 1 is the best for GBA games and works with every flashcard through GBA Explorer. I would get it at dealextreme.
And I know you didn't ask for it, but once you are there, I would grab an Acekard 2 to go with it. You'll get problems with your R4 eventually, since it hasn't been updatet for a long time and the Acekard2 supports the EZ 3 in 1 natively and is dirt cheap ($12) at dealextreme...

apb407

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Thanks PharaohsVizier for the suggestions i just have one question. What is so special about the
Acecard 2? Are there any special features i mean the gbatemp review makes it seem just your average cart that looks nice. Mabye there are updates that made it better? Also would it be possible to get it in white ? could you mabye tell me of some.

Also if i did want to get RTS, IN game guide would should i go with then. Isnt the EZ5 also starting to get these things?

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
You really shouldn't read those reviews. They are pretty much allways outdated.
The Acekard2 is a great card for its money. It has a very nice and fast menu, all basic features and is dirt cheap.

Yes the EZ5 got RTS, I haven't heard anything about ingame guide yet...

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Most reliable with all those features and the best card overall is the CycloDS Evolution. It's just pretty expensive (well compared to todays prices. Compared to old flashkits it's sill very cheap), but you get what you paid for. ^^
I think at the moment the M3 comes in second, it has RTS, but afaik no RTG. But I really don't like that team, as they take years for firmware updates to get an english version (sakura still isn't out in english) and have a history of abandoning their old carts.
I just like the M3 more than the Supercard, which is the only other card I know of with RTS and RTG. Because imo if a card can't run all games with it's own firmware and all the features that get implemented are half-done, it's not worth getting.

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Use? games, videos, music, emulators
Price Range? ~$50 each
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? MicroSD
Special features? SDHC, DLDI
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular no
Other?I need one for a DSFat and one for a DSlite, support for simple copy and paste of files/works in linux

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? yes

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mrplowdan said:
Price Range? ~$50 each
Slot 1/2? 1
Other?I need one for a DSFat and one for a DSlite, support for simple copy and paste of files/works in linux

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Lite:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.16142
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

Phat:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15778

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
mrplowdan said:
Price Range? ~$50 each
Slot 1/2? 1

Support slot-2 GBA? yes
Lite:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.2967

Phat:
http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.15778

why do I need the slot-2 Memory Expansion Pack, is that necessary for playing emulators or videos? I thought it was for web browsing and GBA games

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
mrplowdan said:
why do I need the slot-2 Memory Expansion Pack, is that necessary for playing emulators or videos? I thought it was for web browsing and GBA games
Yeah and you said that you wanted GBA, Rumble and Browser support, right here:

QUOTE(mrplowdan @ Nov 2 2008, 05:05 AM) For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? yes

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
mrplowdan said:
Yeah and you said that you wanted GBA, Rumble and Browser support, right here:

QUOTE(mrplowdan @ Nov 2 2008, 05:05 AM) For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? yes
oh yah
shy.gif
stupid me, so if I don't get the slot2 addon I can still use it for all that I want except for GBA games, I thought the second list with support slot-2 options was for if the slot-1 card supports the addon, for future use.

Slowking

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Yep the Acekard2 can do everything you want, except GBA, browser-expansion and rumble...

It might be, that those 3 questions at the bottom were intended this way once, but I've never seen it used like this. Everyone who used it wanted a slot-2 expansion. Maybe a mistake on my part. ^^" Well let's settle for missunderstandig.
biggrin.gif

mrplowdan

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Slowking said:
Yep the Acekard2 can do everything you want, except GBA, browser-expansion and rumble...

It might be, that those 3 questions at the bottom were intended this way once, but I've never seen it used like this. Everyone who used it wanted a slot-2 expansion. Maybe a mistake on my part. ^^" Well let's settle for missunderstandig.
biggrin.gif
thanks guy, thats all I need to know

DemonWraith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
I'm new here and have been trying to decide on a flashcart. The choices are dizzying. I must have updated the following list 3-4 times while reading this thread. I think I have it narrowed down now, but some of the features on these cards may have changed, so I wanted to make sure I had current info:

Use?
- Games. NDS, GBA. Possibly SNES, NES, & any other console I can get to work. ( Homebrew would be a plus, but not required.)
- Apps. Web Browser, Music, Video. ( Homebrew would be a plus, but not required. )
Price Range? Under $100 total (not including the memory card)
Slot 1/2? Slot 1, but both if necessary for GBA games/ web browser
Built in or expandable memory? Either as long as it also has Expandable SDHC for the 4-8 GB cards
Special features? Fast performance and compatability. Ease of use /gui is a big plus (GBA, cheats etc, and Apps.)
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular M3 bundle, DSTT, AKRTS, CycloDS, SCDS
Other? A bundle would be great, but if there is a better combo that is not part of a bundle, I am willing to consider that. (Actually it appears most of the best options are NOT bundles)

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes, if necessary for GBA games
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Not required, but it would be nice.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Yes, if necessary to use a web browser

The more I read on this thread, the more I think that the ( CycloDS or SCDS1 )+ the EZ3in1 is the best route. I would prefer an easier GUI but not at the cost of features. I just want to confirm that and maybe find a suggestion on where to buy both the flashcart and the 3in1 at the same time with reliable and fairly quick shipping.

Basically, I am looking for a package that does it all, though it seems like that will be more expensive. I just don't want to buy a card and then wish I had bought a different one with more features.

Thanks in advance for the help!!

DemonWraith

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for the input, although for some reason, I am not seeing your sig or a link to the comparison. I think I will go for the CycloDS. When I went to add it to the cart at RHS, they gave me the option to add the 3-in-1, and are including a 'free' 2gb card. I figure that should work to get me started.

Thanks again!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @K3Nv2, i have a physical copy of mgs4
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    ok I tried it and 1) it doesnt boot wood menu automatically and 2) when trying to load a game through wood theres just a loading screen
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's low on wood
    +1
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    lemme ask in forums
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    yawn
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @Xdqwerty No you heard wrong, and don't believe till you experience yourself. Fallout 4 is one of my favorite games of all time. Yes it had issues early on, esp with older hardware like the xbox1, but it is awesome, esp now being 4k on Series S/X or PS5
    +2
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, Then i think people were talking about fallout 76
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    that one was buggy too
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea you right there, fallout 76 was a letdown, but it not that bad now, they have fixed slot of issues they had at launch. Biggest issue with Fallout 76 is its a pay to advance further type of game, which sucks
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @BigOnYa, I may probably download fallout 3 or new vegas on my ps3
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    cuz I didnt like fallout 1 that much
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    New Vegas is awesome, F3 was ok too.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I played Fallout 4 on PC, I enjoyed it honestly. Not my favorite game on earth but at the same time I didn't hate it at all lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That's cool you got a ps3... Glad to hear. Game on!
    +1
    Ironic this was posted today lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think the tv series has boasted play of, I did see they said playing of it Is up, way more than norm
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been playing the next gen version on Series X all day, I love it. :wub:
    +1
    Downloading some random stuff, damn almost 400GBs in like 4 hours lol
    Gonna be over 1TB this month.... damn lol
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    good night
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    At least you have some fast speeds. What a drag that used to be, I remb downloading 1 pic back in the day, and seeing line by line show
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download, good ole AOL. Of course that's before most you guys even were born yet.
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Or worse, you downloading something, and someone calls your phone and interupts the download...