Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
r00t said:
What card will you prefer me too buy? And what SDCard?
Money isnt a problem here, i just want to get my sister the best card ever soo she can enjoy movies, games and mp3's on his NDS
smile.gif

I have looked at the R4 card and a CycloDS Evolution also a DSTT..
But if there is something better than this, please write your opinion of wich card i should buy.
And i will be happy if you write, why i should buy it and some info about the card etc..
CycloDS is the best way to go. SCDS1 may be very difficult for newcomers (I know because I have it right now.) It's easy to use, and great. It's support team answers your questions directly on their forums, and they make fairly frequent updates.

anime_junkie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend is looking for a cheap, easy-to-use, good flashcart, but I know nothing about flashcarts aside from R4. What should he look for? Also, he wants to use it for music-related homebrew as well as games, if that matters.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
anime_junkie said:
My friend is looking for a cheap, easy-to-use, good flashcart, but I know nothing about flashcarts aside from R4. What should he look for? Also, he wants to use it for music-related homebrew as well as games, if that matters.

DSTT It's 19 bucks off of DX, and is similar to R4, or that's what everyone says.... I've used it before (Thanks to my SCDS1) and it's pretty good. One of the fastest loadings I've ever seen.

DarkAura

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
ojsinnerz said:
anime_junkie said:

DSTT It's 19 bucks off of DX, and is similar to R4, or that's what everyone says.... I've used it before (Thanks to my SCDS1) and it's pretty good. One of the fastest loadings I've ever seen.
I agree. DSTT is perfect for someone who just wants it for music and the like. And if you get the rumble pack you can play GBA games. Erm, your friend can play GBA games.

r00t

Trophies
XP
Country
DarkAura said:
CycloDS/SCDS1 all the way. The SuperCard has RTS and so does Cyclo, but the Cyclo has an enhanced menu that can let you go slow motion and change backlight settings. Also bringing up this menu has soft reset. And I think Cyclo can soft reset from homebrew, I haven't really checked although I think they can. Also SCDS1 is a good choice; both are nice carts.

ojsinnerz said:
QUOTE(r00t @ May 14 2008, 10:42 PM) What card will you prefer me too buy? And what SDCard?
Money isnt a problem here, i just want to get my sister the best card ever soo she can enjoy movies, games and mp3's on his NDS
smile.gif

But if there is something better than this, please write your opinion of wich card i should buy.
And i will be happy if you write, why i should buy it and some info about the card etc..
CycloDS is the best way to go. SCDS1 may be very difficult for newcomers (I know because I have it right now.) It's easy to use, and great. It's support team answers your questions directly on their forums, and they make fairly frequent updates.

Okay.. I have been looking on the CycloDS Evolution card, and i really like it.. Do you guys now a good place to buy it ?
smile.gif

And also for a good sdcard ..

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
r00t said:
DarkAura said:
CycloDS/SCDS1 all the way. The SuperCard has RTS and so does Cyclo, but the Cyclo has an enhanced menu that can let you go slow motion and change backlight settings. Also bringing up this menu has soft reset. And I think Cyclo can soft reset from homebrew, I haven't really checked although I think they can. Also SCDS1 is a good choice; both are nice carts.

ojsinnerz said:
QUOTE(r00t @ May 14 2008, 10:42 PM) What card will you prefer me too buy? And what SDCard?
smile.gif

Okay.. I have been looking on the CycloDS Evolution card, and i really like it.. Do you guys now a good place to buy it ?
smile.gif

And also for a good sdcard ..

Unfortunately, I only know North American stores that sells Cyclo.

But how much space do you want on your Micro sd? if you want a 4 gig card, then I recommend A-Data 4 gig micro sdhc card.(sdhc means high capacity, thus meaning over 2 gigs.) It's the fastest card available.

smilesnxtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a regular DS. After reading a million pages here and there... I have decided on either the CycloDS Evo or the SCDS1 SDHC. More towards the Cyclo tho! However I looked for a review on the SCDS1 and I couldn't find it on the reviews page... If it is there somewhere, could you link it
smile.gif

I do have a question about the EZ3in1... PharaohsVizier wrote "For slot 2, I'd recommend the EZ 3 in 1, unless you have a lot of cash to burn, in which case you should get something like the M3 Lite or EZ Flash IV." Although a lot have said DSLite only for the EZ3in1, that's not the case right? It only fits flush with the DSLite and NOT flush with mine? Also since I don't care about the rumble aspect or the Opera browser aspect, just for the occasional GBA game, which of the 3 he listed is best?

Thanks in advance. Back to more post reading
wink.gif

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smilesnxtc said:
I have a regular DS. After reading a million pages here and there... I have decided on either the CycloDS Evo or the SCDS1 SDHC. More towards the Cyclo tho! However I looked for a review on the SCDS1 and I couldn't find it on the reviews page... If it is there somewhere, could you link it
smile.gif

I do have a question about the EZ3in1... PharaohsVizier wrote "For slot 2, I'd recommend the EZ 3 in 1, unless you have a lot of cash to burn, in which case you should get something like the M3 Lite or EZ Flash IV." Although a lot have said DSLite only for the EZ3in1, that's not the case right? It only fits flush with the DSLite and NOT flush with mine? Also since I don't care about the rumble aspect or the Opera browser aspect, just for the occasional GBA game, which of the 3 he listed is best?

Thanks in advance. Back to more post reading
wink.gif
I have a review of it on my blog over here. It has no pictures, but it follows the same Gbatemp format.

Here's the link: The review of the SCDS1 SDHC.

Also, there are some EZ 3-in-1s that are made for original DS. It's harder to find, but there is one that is in the GBA sized cart. And yes, most of the slot-2s are designed for the DSlite. But if you're gonna play GBA games only, then there are a few options. For example, there is the E-link cartridge, that's made for GBA originally, so it works perfectly with the DS phat, or the DS lite.

sk3tch

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
smilesnxtc said:
smile.gif

I recommend the CycloDS out of the two. The SCDS1 is good, but I find the GUI to be too confusing. I just picked up an M3 DS Real and I'm actually quite impressed with that, as well. Great GUI.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
sk3tch said:
smilesnxtc said:
smile.gif

I recommend the CycloDS out of the two. The SCDS1 is good, but I find the GUI to be too confusing. I just picked up an M3 DS Real and I'm actually quite impressed with that, as well. Great GUI.

Although I also recommend the CycloDS over the SCDS1, I don't get why some people think the GUI is too confusing... It's my only cart, but it was very easy for me to operate. And you can change the view of it pressing the Y button......

smilesnxtc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'd like to thank all of the peeps who helped in my decision!
bow.gif
I ordered my CycloDS Evo today!
yaynds.gif
Along with a WiiKey
smile.gif
I will hold off on GBA games for now, becuz I just went thru 2000 DS games OMG
ohmy.gif
and picked the ones I might play in the future, all US with a few Japan (currently downloading
ph34r.gif
). Now to pick a 4GB card. I'm looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....name=Micro+SDHC
I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere lol... But throw a suggestion if ya want. Thanks!
tongue.gif

Edit]
Hmmm... Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model TS4GUSDHC6 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820208408
or
A-DATA 4GB Micro SDHC Class 6 Flash Card Model Turbo microSD HC 4G http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196

Theyr'e both Class 6 and got the best reviews according to Newegg'ers. I have time so I can wait for feedback on this one.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
smilesnxtc said:
I'd like to thank all of the peeps who helped in my decision!
bow.gif
I ordered my CycloDS Evo today!
yaynds.gif
Along with a WiiKey
smile.gif
I will hold off on GBA games for now, becuz I just went thru 2000 DS games OMG
ohmy.gif
and picked the ones I might play in the future, all US with a few Japan (currently downloading
ph34r.gif
). Now to pick a 4GB card. I'm looking at http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList....name=Micro+SDHC
I'm sure there's a thread around here somewhere lol... But throw a suggestion if ya want. Thanks!
tongue.gif

Edit]
Hmmm... Transcend 4GB Micro SDHC Flash Card Model TS4GUSDHC6 http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820208408
or
A-DATA 4GB Micro SDHC Class 6 Flash Card Model Turbo microSD HC 4G http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx...N82E16820211196

Theyr'e both Class 6 and got the best reviews according to Newegg'ers. I have time so I can wait for feedback on this one.

I hear A-Data is slightly faster, but has a higher DOA rate. But there really isn't a significant difference. So you choose.

tooniz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I am fairly new. And I am looking for a flashcart for my GIRLFRIEND.

Thats right, so it has to be easy to set up and easy to use. She will probably only be playing DS games, maybe GBA.
Can someone recommend something? Ease comes first.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tooniz said:

Thats right, so it has to be easy to set up and easy to use. She will probably only be playing DS games, maybe GBA.

How much can you spend? Well, if you want something easy, then what about the DSTT/Top Toy DS. It's very easy to use, and only 19 bucks off of Dealextreme.(But Dealextreme has an incredibly slow shipping, so you can expect your item in about 2-4 weeks.) Make sure you buy a micro sd. All you need to do is, formatt the micro sd, and put the files you can download from the Toptoy DS/DSTT website, and put in the ROMs. Then off you go. It's that easy.

Also, if you're gf is gonna play gameboy games, you're going to need to buy a Slot-2 card separately. It'll cost you around 10-20 bucks.

tooniz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ojsinnerz said:
tooniz said:

How much can you spend? Well, if you want something easy, then what about the DSTT/Top Toy DS. It's very easy to use, and only 19 bucks off of Dealextreme.(But Dealextreme has an incredibly slow shipping, so you can expect your item in about 2-4 weeks.) Make sure you buy a micro sd. All you need to do is, formatt the micro sd, and put the files you can download from the Toptoy DS/DSTT website, and put in the ROMs. Then off you go. It's that easy.

Also, if you're gf is gonna play gameboy games, you're going to need to buy a Slot-2 card separately. It'll cost you around 10-20 bucks.

How about the CycloDS? I read that it is Plug'n'Play, does that mean I can just put roms on the cart and play?
Id say budget of 60bucks.

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
tooniz said:
ojsinnerz said:
tooniz said:

How about the CycloDS? I read that it is Plug'n'Play, does that mean I can just put roms on the cart and play?
Id say budget of 60bucks.

Huh. You know that purchasing both the Cyclo and the micro sd will easily be over the budget, seeing the Cyclo is already about 55 bucks, right? But it's an excellent card, just know that. ALso, it's the same with this. Download a Firmware file, and the Moonshell 1.71 for Cyclo off their site, here's the link: Cyclo downloads, and put them in your micro sd. just unzip it, then put all the files inside it into the micro sd. Then do what you want with it, because it's ready to go.

Upperleft

Namcoholic
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
EDIT: gee .. i feel like a moron after i read Opium's review xD

ok .. now i want a TTDS + GBA pak bundle
i searched on DX but found nothing
can anyone give me a link to it?

also ..i own a SCDS1 (none sdhc) but i don't feel good about it since my cousin had problems with it
do you recommend it instead of the TTDS?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
rawr. im bumping this thread cuz peeps dont see it and keep making new topics comparing flash carts!
use the search feature goshdarnit!

Emanon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi,
As you can probably see I'm new to this forum. Having pretty much no experience with flashcarts (or the DS for that matter), I have been reading through this forum for the past hour or so trying to find the cart most suited to my needs. (I generally don't like bothering others by asking for help). And as always when I bite of more than I can chew I end up with only confusion and a headache.
What I'm looking for is a stable, reliable flashcart that can play DS and GBA games, if its possible to get SNES support too, that would be awesome. RTS and other features don't really matter, as long I can play most games with out too much trouble.
As for memory, I'm not sure I fully understand, but I'm guessing expandable means it uses SD cards and such. Honestly this does not matter much too me as long as I have enough room for 5-10 DS games and a couple of GBA/SNES games. (I'll be spending most of my summer somewhere in Turkey so I kinda doubt I'll have much access to a PC or the web)

Like I said I'm not sure I fully grasp all this yet, but I'll try to fill out this form with out making a fool out of my self.
smile.gif

Use? Games. DS and GBA support is most important, but SNES support would be great (If thats even possible).
Price Range? Preferably under $100 USD total. (What kind of cards are used for the expanded memory? I'm assuming these will not come bundled with the unit should I choose expandable memory... )
Slot 1/2? 1 (I think)
Built in or expandable memory? Not really sure, anything that can store 5-10 games or so is fine by me.
Special features? RTS could be useful, but not required.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular? Not really, sorry
smile.gif

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? If this means "Do I want to be able to play GBA games" then, yes.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? Nah.
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? Not needed. (These things can use web browsers? Really?)
blink.gif

Note: If it matters I will be using a PAL DS Lite. (Haven't bought it yet, but I don't think they even sell the old ones here anymore)

Thanks in advance for any help you may offer, and please excuse any spelling or grammar errors, as you probably noticed English is not my primary language ;-).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Microsoft is worth 3.2 Trillion according to Google lol