Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
setsunahq said:
I'm currently using R4 with 1gb microSD, let's just say, it is simply not enough, and buying multiple 2gb is troublesome.

I'm looking for a cart which fast firmware update for games compability, support SDHC as I'm going to buy a 8gb for it, and aslo perhaps with a really good cheat code update/sharing/database, I'm leaning towards Edge for now, anything else should I take a look at before I purchase Edge?

Why not CycloDS? It has all the stuff you need, and more. EDGE is pretty good, but not good as the Cyclo. After all, the EDGE is a clone of CycloDS.

QUOTE(thinkfast23 @ Mar 26 2008, 02:57 AM) oo ok, How much do R4's and DSTT's Usualluy go for. If thats the case i might get that dstt deal on craigslist.

O and also where do you get those exteral flash ram for the web browser?

On the internet, they can get as cheap as 35 dollars (Not including DX), but I suppose 85 bucks isn't a bad deal. Also, the cheapest ram I've seen is 14 dollars. It's the Ewin Expansion pack. There's also, EZflash 3-in-1, where you can play GBA games, has rumble, and has ram. But 3-in-1 has some stuff you have to do before it works.

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I haven't been following the scene for a while. I currently have the EZ-flash IV. I need an upgrade especially to take advantage of the bigger and faster SD HC cards. But the card has to support EZ-Flash IV saves and be able to play GBA ROMs (be it from slot 1 or 2, though I can just use my EZ flash IV cart for that). I'm not sure if there's any converters out there or if every card uses the same type of save file.

And also need a recommendation for an expansion pack. Is the EZ-flash one still the best for GBA and RAM?

Use? DS, GBA, Homebrew, Emulation
Price Range? $100
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? SDHC, GBA ROM support a plus
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard 2, CycloDS, EZ-flash 5 - not exactly familiar with the newer cards in the market
Other? EZ-flash IV save support

For all slot-1's (ignore if you want a slot-2):
Support slot-2 GBA? - yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? - no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? - yes

I will also need to know the best place to purchase them. Seems like most places are sold out of AceKard and CycloDS. Thanks for the help
smile.gif

wiithepeople

^^didn't play it that much, but I love it =D
OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
First off, I'm REALLY sorry for not having checked this thread in ages. I've been pretty busy nowadays and don't have that much time for GBAtemp, sorry
shy.gif

Thanks a ton to those who have helped those with questions, and I'll try to keep up better now.

These are the only few i could find that weren't already answered, but please tell me if there are some i missed.

Wrightboy said:
Use? Games, homebrew, vids, mp3, the works basically
Price Range? as low as possible
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Not exactly sure what this is...
Special features? don't really care too much, SDHC would be nice, but w/e
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular Cyclo Evo, SuperCard, R4.
Other? Want maximum compatability for trimmed games and full download play support...

Support slot-2 GBA? Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? don't care
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? would be nice

Still sorta new to all this...so pardon any stupid errors...
Also I was wondering, the EZ 3 in 1, will that work with like any cart to play GBA games, or...w/e?
But yah, basically just want to know what I need for...everything
tongue.gif

~wright

Oh yah, I was also wondering about MicroSD cards...what's the deal with like...getting ones from japan or something, is there a difference?
Japan-made microSD's are faster and work better for some games such as Castlevania: Portrait of Ruin and some Tony Hawk game. You could get the EDGE or DSTT because those are cheap but good carts that satisfy your criteria. Also get the EZFlash 3-in-1 for GBA. The 3-in-1 will work with every cart I think, certainly all the good ones like the ones mentioned above. It is, however, integrated more into the EZflash V and the AKRPG which fully support all of its functions. I think if you're using a different cart, you'll get less rumble options or something. It shouldn't be that big of a difference, especially seeing as how you don't need rumble.

Sokonomi said:
Ok folks, I hope im doing this right.
tongue.gif

I dont like asking about it because on my first card search (R4DS) I got flamed down to my shoelaces
unsure.gif
but the first post looked friendly enough so ill give it a shot.

Use? Priority 1 would be ROMS, Priority 2 Homebrew. I have better facilities for Movies/Music.
Price Range? Anything really. Im after the god of flashcards this time.
Slot 1/2? Slot1
Built in or expandable memory? Must be SDHC, I love ScummVM.
wink.gif

Special features? Instant Saving (if reliable), ability to skin menus, WTC and multicard support.
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular The Cyclo Evolution kinda caught my eye.
Other? One thats known for fequent kernel updates/upgrades.

Support slot-2 GBA? Ive got an EZflash 3-in-1, so support for that would be nice.
Support slot-2 rumble packs? ^^
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? ^^

Right, so what would you guys reccomended for me?
blink.gif

Get the Cyclo, it's got real time save and is pretty much "the god of flashcards" as you say it. It has great support, etc. etc. and it works with 3-in-1.

QUOTE(CWar @ Mar 30 2008, 05:54 PM)
I haven't been following the scene for a while. I currently have the EZ-flash IV. I need an upgrade especially to take advantage of the bigger and faster SD HC cards. But the card has to support EZ-Flash IV saves and be able to play GBA ROMs (be it from slot 1 or 2, though I can just use my EZ flash IV cart for that). I'm not sure if there's any converters out there or if every card uses the same type of save file.

And also need a recommendation for an expansion pack. Is the EZ-flash one still the best for GBA and RAM?

Use? DS, GBA, Homebrew, Emulation
Price Range? $100
Slot 1/2? Slot 1
Built in or expandable memory? Expandable
Special features? SDHC, GBA ROM support a plus
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular AceKard 2, CycloDS, EZ-flash 5 - not exactly familiar with the newer cards in the market
Other? EZ-flash IV save support

Support slot-2 GBA? - yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs? - no
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)? - yes

I will also need to know the best place to purchase them. Seems like most places are sold out of AceKard and CycloDS. Thanks for the help
smile.gif
The 3-in-1 is probably the best, plus it's cheap. Get the DSTT or EDGE as they are the cheapest and have all your criteria. I'm not sure about the save conversion thing, anyone else help?

CWar

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
wiithepeople said:
The 3-in-1 is probably the best, plus it's cheap. Get the DSTT or EDGE as they are the cheapest and have all your criteria. I'm not sure about the save conversion thing, anyone else help?

Thanks for the help. Actually found a topic regarding the save files (http://gbatemp.net/index.php?showtopic=80006). Should be good to go
yaynds.gif

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. Here again, as you guys did help me choose a CycloDS a month or two ago and I am currently using the heck out of it. My brother's friend needs help. Basically, she's look for a cart for her and her daughter. Since my brother asked me to help him, and I got my help from here.. I thought it was best if I just post here again, lol.

Use? Games
Price Range? Max would probably be 80, but 40-60 would be a good price range.
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Either.
GBA compatibility? Not needed
Special features? DLDI automatic patching
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular R4, M3, DSTT

She doesn't know how to reload her games onto a cart, so it will be a one-time reload (in other words, she won't have the ability to change her games at her expense, but mine =p), but I don't know how much is enough for a mother and daughter. I'm thinking 1GB is enough. If anyone can shed some light on this, that would help. With that said, I'm not too worried with 100% compatibility or any other added features. As long as it's easy to use and drag-and-drop.

Thanks dudes.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
resres said:
Hey guys. Here again, as you guys did help me choose a CycloDS a month or two ago and I am currently using the heck out of it. My brother's friend needs help. Basically, she's look for a cart for her and her daughter. Since my brother asked me to help him, and I got my help from here.. I thought it was best if I just post here again, lol.

Use? Games
Price Range? Max would probably be 80, but 40-60 would be a good price range.
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Either.
GBA compatibility? Not needed
Special features? DLDI automatic patching
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular R4, M3, DSTT

She doesn't know how to reload her games onto a cart, so it will be a one-time reload (in other words, she won't have the ability to change her games at her expense, but mine =p), but I don't know how much is enough for a mother and daughter. I'm thinking 1GB is enough. If anyone can shed some light on this, that would help. With that said, I'm not too worried with 100% compatibility or any other added features. As long as it's easy to use and drag-and-drop.

Thanks dudes.

well i think you should try out the acekard 2 or the edge
both are around 35$ (dealextreme or psxboy has them)
and acekard2 got a really good review
and it has a realllly nice interface or w/e
edge is like the cyclo without slow mo and RTS
hope that helps!

resres

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hm, the interface does look really nice with the Acekard.

I'm starting to lean towards the DSTT and EZ-V; mainly because they come in bundles. DSTT is cheap and the EZ-V comes in a bundle with the 3-in-1, which I was thinking of buying anyways. Now that you mention both the Acekard2 and the Edge, they both look nice but I need a cheap place to get a MicroSD and if thats the case I'd rather just get a bundle with free shipping from DX. =p

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
mm ok
well to tell you the truth, i have tried any, ive just heard and read about them
gluck with dealextreme though
theyre out of stock almost all the time
and shipping takes at least 2 weeks

Saylient_Dreams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
resres said:
Hm, the interface does look really nice with the Acekard.

I'm starting to lean towards the DSTT and EZ-V; mainly because they come in bundles. DSTT is cheap and the EZ-V comes in a bundle with the 3-in-1, which I was thinking of buying anyways. Now that you mention both the Acekard2 and the Edge, they both look nice but I need a cheap place to get a MicroSD and if thats the case I'd rather just get a bundle with free shipping from DX. =p
I have an EzV there's only a few things that keep it from being really good.
Download play is still broken, not all games work with it.
It's cheat engine is a proprietary format I believe (don't ever use it).
Soft reset is still somewhat buggy.
Support is almost non-exsistant.
Final Fantasy: Ring of Fates still isn't fixed by the team.
Doesn't support SDHC.

Overall so far, it's done what it has to, and it played games.

WillAce13

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hi guys, im looking to buy a ds and a flashcart, however this is my first time so i'm a noob at all this

Use? Games mostly
Price Range? Don't really care I'm looking for the best one
Slot 1/2? 1
Built in or expandable memory? Not really sure what this means
GBA compatibility? preferably
Special features? Wii-DS would be a plus, also please enlighten me in which ones have the best features
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular R4, Supercard DS One, M3 Real, DSTT, EZFlash IV, DS Linker

The flashcarts ive listed above are the only ones available where I live, so unfortunately no Cyclo-DS or any other ones. Which one of the above would you guys recommend me?

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WillAce13 said:
Hi guys, im looking to buy a ds and a flashcart, however this is my first time so i'm a noob at all this

Use? Games mostly
Slot 1/2? 1
Special features? Wii-DS would be a plus, also please enlighten me in which ones have the best features
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular R4, Supercard DS One, M3 Real, DSTT, EZFlash IV, DS Linker

The flashcarts ive listed above are the only ones available where I live, so unfortunately no Cyclo-DS or any other ones. Which one of the above would you guys recommend me?

out of the ones you are looking for in particular
i would say the supercard ds ( or i think i mean the supercard ds one)
ive heard the best about them
and i believe it has many good features and excellent support

ojsinnerz.

Damned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
WillAce13 said:

Use? Games mostly
Slot 1/2? 1

Supercard DS one is the best in the list. But which version is it? If it's the SDHC version, you can make it into a DSTT ( For speed reasons.), or just keep it for advanced features.

Also, R4 is outdated and doesn't have any features. No SDHC, no Realtime save, no realtime guide, and the support is dying, slowly.

M3 real is slow, and buggy. Everything is in a terrible shape, currently.

Ezflash V is probably the worst in the list, for having almost non-existant support, no sdhc support,

DSTT is pretty good, but, because the hardware between DSTT and Supercard DS1 is so similar, the Supercard can use the DSTT firmware (With a little bit of changes), and use it as a DSTT. But the DSTT can't change into Supercard.

DS linker: Shouldn't even be mentioned here.

tetraflash777

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wow 20 something pages
wacko.gif
anywho

Use?Commercial Gaming, Wi-Fi
Price Range? Under 100
Slot 1/2? IDK Slot-1 I would imagine
Built in or expandable memory? Built in preferably but expanded is fine
Special features? Not really a feature but just a good update team
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular G6DS Real, R4, CycloDS
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA?Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs?Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)?Doesn't need to

Thx for the help. This will be my first cart and I have been looking at reviews all day. BTW Tinymonkeyt, I saw your video for the cycloDS. It made me start to lean towards it in the first place lol.

tinymonkeyt

GBAtemp brat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
tetraflash777 said:
wow 20 something pages
wacko.gif
anywho

Use?Commercial Gaming, Wi-Fi
Price Range? Under 100
Slot 1/2? IDK Slot-1 I would imagine
Built in or expandable memory? Built in preferably but expanded is fine
Special features? Not really a feature but just a good update team
Any flashcarts you are looking at in particular G6DS Real, R4, CycloDS
Other?

Support slot-2 GBA?Yes
Support slot-2 rumble packs?Yes
Support slot-2 RAM (web browser)?Doesn't need to

out of your preferred carts i would definately recommend the cyclo, as would many of the other members here
its support by a very updated and communicable team (that listens to its customers!)
its great for games, also has cool features
the price would be around 60$ though

the r4 doesnt have SDHC support (no more than 2gb then)
doesnt have very good features
and is slowly becoming one of the least advanced card/carts

im not sure about the G6
but cyclo is definately a go

Compass

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys. I'm looking to get a flashcart solely for playing MP3s through my DS Lite. I won't be using it for games at all. What do you recommend? My head's spinning from all the choices.

Total noob here, btw.

yuwing

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Compass said:
Hey guys. I'm looking to get a flashcart solely for playing MP3s through my DS Lite. I won't be using it for games at all. What do you recommend? My head's spinning from all the choices.

Total noob here, btw.

i would totally recommend PSP for mp3 needs because I tried DS lite with moonshell... not good.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Weird I have been playing MSU enhanced Genesis games for a while now lol