Homebrew Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

rh62

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
A port of Nethack or Slash 'Em would be out of this world. There was a really slick one for the Nintendo DS (homebrew) that relied on the flashcart file system, so it's not possible to use it via a DS Emu.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hekate is just a tool like homebrew apps or CFW and like those things, they still require an exploit in order to be loaded. The only way to hack anything that isn't an unpatched console past firmware 4.1 is with a modchip which will require soldering. And good luck finding anyone to install it as Nintendo has sent C&D letters to most, if not all, installers. Lastly, the OLED model hasn't been released yet so there is no way of knowing if we can run Hekate on it or not; the preliminary support is just in case. It even says so in the changelog: " In case you are able to run it there." implying that there may not be a way to load Hekate.

Reactions: krzys4x

NANASHI89

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Port Final Fantasy III and IV (Android version)! They've done it for Vita. All you need is the data from the Android version.

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Port Final Fantasy III and IV (Android version)! They've done it for Vita. All you need is the data from the Android version.
This has been discussed in another thread (one Android game did get ported), for technical reasons it's much harder to port 32-bit Android games to the Switch than 64-bit ones.

cosmo135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I third the simpsons hit and run port idea. I know theres an "open source" C or C++ reimplimentation of the game floating around on github. It also utilizes OpenGL which might make it much easier to port over than starting from scratch.

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
and how would you control the switch? lul
There's this thing called 'USB'
Also, last I checked you should still be able not to install it and use whatever means you see fit to "control the switch." Whereas disabling Bluetooth when Switch is docked is simply not possible

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
There's this thing called 'USB'
Also, last I checked you should still be able not to install it and use whatever means you see fit to "control the switch." Whereas disabling Bluetooth when Switch is docked is simply not possible
why does something you dont see or feel annoy you so much that you want to disable it nonetheless?
also, did you try airplane mode?

SkullHex2

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
why does something you dont see or feel annoy you so much that you want to disable it nonetheless?
also, did you try airplane mode?
it's not that annoying if you put it like that.. still I usually disable whatever I'm not using
Yes, Airplane is always on for me (or I wouldn't be able to turn off Wi-Fi iirc)

Reactions: PhyChris

sandman15552000

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we go couldn't find a way to search forum and when through as many pages as I could before my brain melted.
Maybe this has already been tried.

But super-resolution like on a pc GPU. allow switch to put out 1080p to the 720p mobile screen for cheap anti-aliasing. and also bump gpu to docked settings so no slowdown.

would the switch screen support it? Is it possible? maybe mix it it with cpu manager to make game and charger profiles.

cosmo135

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here we go couldn't find a way to search forum and when through as many pages as I could before my brain melted.
Maybe this has already been tried.

But super-resolution like on a pc GPU. allow switch to put out 1080p to the 720p mobile screen for cheap anti-aliasing. and also bump gpu to docked settings so no slowdown.

would the switch screen support it? Is it possible? maybe mix it it with cpu manager to make game and charger profiles.

switch is definitely not powerful enough to do that lol

almmiron

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What about the new nsp (?) file structure that can't be ripped?

apparently other new eshop games are using it.

The game "Lost in random" cant be ripped, installed.

ANyone already looking at that? (search reddit lost in random nsp, theres a discussion there)

Slluxx

GBATemp Mayor
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
What about the new nsp (?) file structure that can't be ripped?
apparently other new eshop games are using it.
The game "Lost in random" cant be ripped, installed.
ANyone already looking at that? (search reddit lost in random nsp, theres a discussion there)

pretty sure awoo/tinwoo and tinfoil will work on this sooner or later. Not so sure about other installers.
Anyway, you can still install the XCI's.

doctorgoat

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone worked on a way to get Moonlight going through USB? I would love to lay next to my closed laptop and have my switch stream games from it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    maaaaan that's so awesome but I also don't want to fork over a hundo for it
  • Veho @ Veho:
    The fuuuuu---
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I thought it was an actual xBox at that price.
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    I wanna grab a 360 Slim and a 360 E one of these days. Missed the boat of getting them at their lowest though, once they were discontinued. Could've got them for cheap back when I was a broke 20 something working at Target, but then again, I was a broke 20 something working at Target
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Being broke is no fun.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Leo could not withstand communism.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Its OUR products to begin with lol.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Its OUR products to begin with lol.