Discussion Post homebrew ideas, suggestions, requests here

Discussion in 'Switch - Emulation, Homebrew & Software Projects' started by Quantumcat, Aug 11, 2018.

1. Faithless

Faithless Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 17, 2019
    Brazil
    Any plans to control the cooler via software? Heat is the number one enemy of battery life and while docked the switch heats a lot. Since I believe it won't boot up without a battery, I think it should be a good idea to do so.
    This or make the system thinks it is not docked and don't start the performance mode?

Spadezilla and SilentOne1994 like this.
  2. Myron49485

Myron49485 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2015
    Singapore
    Idea: a "homebrew manager" that manages homebrew installation, uninstallation and more.

-snip-

I might work on that actually

Last edited by Myron49485, Apr 6, 2019
  3. Myron49485

Myron49485 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 23, 2015
    Singapore
    Another idea: a home menu replacement with more features and less latency.

Is it possible to replace the switch home menu with a homebrew with layered-fs? If so, a homebrew can be made to replicate the home menu, but with additional features and less latency. The latency when scrolling on the home menu is very noticable when compared to something like ChoiDujour, which has excellent scrolling.

Features can include things custom themes do (wallpapers, custom layouts, etc), app arrangement/ pinning, folders, etc

4. XaneTenshi

XaneTenshi GBAtemp Fan

Nov 24, 2013
    Denmark
    Although I don't know if it was done through layered-fs, XorTroll has already made a successful attempt at making his homebrew, GoldLeaf, replace the home menu. So it is indeed possible:) Check below.

5. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    xbox 360 had a title manager
    which allowed us to show which titles installed have updates available and we could install or remove or even just deactivate title updates from the xbox itself

hippy dave likes this.
  6. Onlyd

Onlyd Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Mar 16, 2019
    United States
    Pa
    Speed validation and capacity for mmc Sd cards and emmcs would be very very nice

7. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    I think hekate displays relevant info somewhere (look in the console information options I guess), ctcaer has often asked people to post it in the hekate thread to see if their sd card is real or fake.

Onlyd likes this.
  8. FuryBaguette

FuryBaguette Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Jan 6, 2019
    France
    Don't want to tease anything because I still don't know if it's going to be published but I'm working on one currently. If it ever goes public it will offer more features than the original qlaunch.

Myron49485 and Cyan like this.
  9. Budsixz

Budsixz GBAtemp Fan

Oct 27, 2018
    India
    How about an app that shows how many hours of a game we have played?
    It doesnt show for me under profile becuase i never linked the account to ninty

10. xeyatan

xeyatan Member

Newcomer
    Aug 7, 2007
  11. Astragon

Astragon Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Feb 13, 2017
    United States
    A simple userland Homebrew access option that cannot be patched, like 3DS's OoT3Dhax.

12. Slim45

Slim45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    Can somebody make a dedicated ebook reader. doing all the popular formats even .cbr?
    While nx shell is good it does crash with certain tasks. Would'nt mind being a patreon for this

13. masagrator

masagrator The developper

Oct 14, 2018
    Poland
    Tool that will automatically repack NCA with patched files and to NSP/XCI.

Some updates are very poorly done and f.e. we have Mortal Kombat 11 which has base ~8 GB and update ~16 GB, but after unpacking files we have only 17 GB. So 7 GB are wasted.
    If someone could make tool that automatically unpack patched files, repack them to NCA and repack all files with already existing NCAs to NSP/XCI, then it would be a space saver.

Last edited by masagrator, Apr 20, 2019
    Slim45 likes this.
  14. Slim45

Slim45 GBAtemp Regular

Aug 6, 2018
    United Kingdom
    You've replied to a wrong post :D

15. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    could AGS (Adventure Game Studios) and MegaZeux be ported to the Switch? would love to play those very soon if possible.

16. hippy dave

hippy dave BBMB

Apr 30, 2012
    United Kingdom
    The AGS runtime (for playing games) could probably be ported, I thought maybe it was supported in ScummVM by now but looks like that's unfinished and hasn't been worked on for a while. The game-maker itself hasn't yet been ported to other platforms besides Windows so I wouldn't hold your breath for that.

MegaZeux is probably doable too, I couldn't see at a glance what its dependencies are (SDL etc), but it's been on other consoles like DS/3DS so likely fairly achievable.

DSwizzy likes this.
  17. DSwizzy

DSwizzy GBAtemp Regular

Nov 16, 2018
    United States
    Bonerville
    Yeah i was wondering if it were already supported in ScummVM too but wasn't too sure, could check it if runs on the PlayStation 3 while i have it on it, if i recalled there was a PSP port of AGS done years ago before, it hasn't been updated in awhile since tho...

And while on the subject, is it possible to do some upgradable work on RetroArch Neko Project II Kai core as well, if it isn't then it's fine.

18. Swiminaha

Swiminaha Member

Newcomer
    Nov 29, 2018
    Austria
    Austria
    Hej Guys! Looking for someone who can port the minigame: "MiniCraft" to the switch, as homebrewgame or other like. Thx!
    *Play Minicraft * -Just write in google search,the first link,lead you to Notch's page,and there you will see the sourcecode of it.

19. SexiestManAlive

SexiestManAlive The key that lights the dark

Apr 18, 2016
    United States
    A homebrew for adding stages to smash save data would be awesome, it could be like smmdb, except you can download them from the switch

20. Crimson Cuttlefish

Crimson Cuttlefish GBAtemp Regular

Aug 15, 2016
    United States
    With Switch VR being a thing now, I'd love to see Beat Saber on here!
    I think it'd even work without VR, you just need hand controls.

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted