Homebrew Post Homebrew ideas, suggestion, requests here

Kapikyo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If 3DS homebrew apps are capable of reading midi files and outputting objects in-game based on the midi track, then a Frets on Fire-style rhythm game would be possible technically. If anyone wants to spear-head a project like that, I could track the music for the base set-list and make graphics for it. I could even write original music for the game. Honestly I can do everything for video game development except program it. I can even help design how the game works conceptually.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just to clarify, Frets on Fire and similar rhythm games use midi's as note charts, not the song itself. I'm not suggesting the rhythm game idea be made solely for midi songs.

Pikm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to make a homebrew that redirects opening a file to a sys app? I mean, like having a .mp4 in your SD and open it with the browser if you use N3DS or something.
Not with the browser. You can't even launch the browser with the offical DevMenu. Besides, assuming how the 3DS works, it would be impossible to open an app with a process like that running in the background.

shoemaker

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an extremely minor thing, but is it possible to make a homebrew that defaults DS / GBA games to the 1:1 pixel mode? Obviously, you can just hold start to do this, but I prefer the 1:1 mode than the stretched default mode, so it would be just a touch more convenient to switch what the default is.

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
This is an extremely minor thing, but is it possible to make a homebrew that defaults DS / GBA games to the 1:1 pixel mode? Obviously, you can just hold start to do this, but I prefer the 1:1 mode than the stretched default mode, so it would be just a touch more convenient to switch what the default is.

That'd probably be more of a patch to AGB & TWL FIRMs than an actual homebrew. Someone would have to figure out where the code is that executes when start is held and change it to ignore the check, always executing it (or, alternatively, change the logic so it's opposite: don't run it if start is held, which would cause it to default to 1:1, and blow it up bigger if it is held).

D

Deleted User

Does anyone know if its possible to control button inputs with NTR? I have an idea that I would love to do but I can't seem to find anything on using it to control button presses

ElyosOfTheAbyss

Trophies
XP
Country
Would it be possible to port Super Tux to the 3DS?
It's open source and can be found HERE
I know there was a port on Wii and was wondering if it was possible on 3DS and if anyone is willing to try port this. It's a fun game and is worth a port. Hopefully this port will use the latest version unlike the Wii version which hasn't been updated meaning it's on an old version.

Last edited by ElyosOfTheAbyss,

CaptainSodaPop

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I just figured a good podcast homebrew for 3DS would be very useful for some people who don't have the best smartphones or other ways to listen podcasts.I usually enjoy these before sleeping and I don't have either of those (better smartphone/tablet).PSP had these by default without CFW.I loved it. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Floridawoman is the only thing that can ruin Floridaman +1