1686315301610.png

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Augustine was only expanding on the theories put forth forth by the ancient Greek philosopher Bophades, who first explored the idea of the inherent and thus heritable nature of both sin and grace through the paternal line (i.e. semen). The collected transcripts of his lectures on this principle are called...

Bophades Nuts.

impeeza

¡Kabito!
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
For me was an stupidity the reaction from some "hair dyed" people trying to remove the original comic because "is mocking about the pain of a woman"; are you dumb?, did you felt from you crib when a toddler? the pain was for both of them and both are mourning and is art and expression of that pain, all adult could get related to that, I personally lost a baby before born and my wife and I suffer for months.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I personally lost a baby before born and my wife and I suffer for months.
I'm sorry for your loss.

But how do you feel about a talentless plagiarist hack using a tragedy like that as an escape when he wrote his idiotic little strip into a corner he didn't know how to get out of? How do you feel about Buckley actually considering that an acceptable way of resolving a poorly thought-out plot line and then having everything go back to two happy-go-lucky bachelors on a couch playing video games and pretend nothing ever happened?
Maybe he spent too much time exposing himself to minors to remember he doesn't know how to write character growth or continuity or real life, all he knows is pasting the same B^U face on different pre-drawn bodies and writing bad overly explained jokes, so when he finally realized hevwas stuck he decided he had to get rid of the pregnancy because it would disturb the precious zero-stakes, zero-consequences status quo, and for some reason he genuinely believed dropping a miscarriage into a comic where the most serious, sombre and impactful event thus far had been a wet fart was a good idea, and the next week everything would be back to the usual wacky hijinks.
Did it lead to any in-universe fallout? Any major changes? Any character growth? Any shift in tone? Any brief pause in gaming "humor"? The fuck it did.
There are comics that handle way more serious topics out there and nobody is saying it's inappropriate.
There are works that start off as casual low-stakes fun but then decide to drop a bomb at one point to mark a turning point and shit gets real from then on.
Hell, there are comics that start off with dead baby jokes and get worse from there, but at least you know what you're in for from the get-go.

But Fuckley just wanted a reset button, and he handled it with his usual complete lack of tact, skill, taste or artistic integrity, and he deserves to be called out on it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

eof

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1