Post a picture of your desktop!

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
TBH I don't really get the point of using Apple or Windows logos/symbology on a Linux Distro. Aside from the trademark infringements, nearly everybody knows it's not the same and those that don't are really unable to appreciate the difference. If I genuinely liked Linux I'd say it's like putting Mustang tags on a Honda/Acura NSX

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

RevPokemon

GBATemp's 3rd Favorite Transgirl
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TBH I don't really get the point of using Apple or Windows logos/symbology on a Linux Distro. Aside from the trademark infringements, nearly everybody knows it's not the same and those that don't are really unable to appreciate the difference. If I genuinely liked Linux I'd say it's like putting Mustang tags on a Honda/Acura NSX
Because I wanted a hackintosh but my pc does not support it and likewise I just wanted something else other than the standard XFCE logo but just used it for now as I could not find anything else I wanted for the time being. Plus it is still a fresh install so I am still working on it to make it like I want....

Shawn ShyGuy

Trophies
Website
discord.gg
XP
Country
United States
Because I wanted a hackintosh but my pc does not support it and likewise I just wanted something else other than the standard XFCE logo but just used it for now as I could not find anything else I wanted for the time being. Plus it is still a fresh install so I am still working on it to make it like I want....
I used to use this to get a hackintosh look: http://www.noobslab.com/2016/04/macbuntu-1604-transformation-pack-for.html
also here's my desktop, because why not. I've cleared up most icons since this was taken so ignore the clutter.
hD9T8M7.jpg

pyromaniac123

ส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็(ಠ益ಠส็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็็
Trophies
XP
Country
Nikita Klæstrup :wub:
kPNz60i.png
kPNz60i.png
kPNz60i.png

Attachments

• screenshot.24.jpg
    screenshot.24.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 126

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
upload img

I had an annoying bug where the minimum memory clock was too low for two monitors, causing the image to constantly spaz. I solved it by adding a third monitor, which apparently works perfectly.

Last edited by Futurdreamz,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Back to Solus?
You change distros all the time. :P
It's been a real arm wrestle between several distros. The reason I keep leaving Solus actually in't the distro itself, it's the lack of software. But I really love the OS, so I am spending my nights off porting over all of the programs I enjoy.
Like I ported over zandronum ^_^
Screenshot from 2017-01-28 22-29-23.png
iBook G4 max supports 10.5.8 cus of PPC CPU.
Luckily, mine's a 1.42 Ghz ;'D
Why not install MorphOS on that?
http://www.morphos-team.net/

Last edited by The Catboy,
Reactions: Grim Ripper

Futurdreamz

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Why don't you just leave Solarus as your main os and run the other one in a vm? Doesn't Linux have something like VMware Unity so you can bring Ubuntu windows into the Solarus desktop environment? Then you can still access the apps while porting them so they're native?

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why don't you just leave Solarus as your main os and run the other one in a vm? Doesn't Linux have something like VMware Unity so you can bring Ubuntu windows into the Solarus desktop environment? Then you can still access the apps while porting them so they're native?
It does, but I prefer testing on my actual hardware. Some distros run like a farting crap on VMware.

Reactions: Lucar

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/j-JgIxFZTKY?si=9yG57ooZm1wvSOsz