Post a picture of your desktop!

Urza

hi
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You say it's bland, but I say I like this elegance better than hacking system DLLS in Windows XP so it doesn't look like I'm living in 1998.
Because those one-click patchers are so difficult to use that you needed to think of a blatant hyperbole to supplement your whining, right?

Regardless, I'm not going to try and change your opinion. If you like generic OSX then thats of course your choice.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
You say it's bland, but I say I like this elegance better than hacking system DLLS in Windows XP so it doesn't look like I'm living in 1998.

Because those one-click patchers are so difficult to use that you needed to think of a blatant hyperbole to supplement your whining, right?

Regardless, I'm not going to try and change your opinion. If you like generic OSX then thats your choice.

It really sounds like you're the one whining. Back when I was using Windows if you didn't like what a patch used, you had to go in and manually change things yourself.

It seems like the classy thing to do would be either not comment if you don't like it or be nicer about it, but perhaps that's asking too much.

I too have no plans on changing your opinion. I like my set up. While I might have used a slightly different theme if Shapeshifter wasn't garbage, it is and I won't, so there we are. In Tiger the default theme was terrible so I changed it to Uno - which looks pretty much like Leopard (and wasn't a Shapeshifter theme - it replaced system files itself). In Leopard it's not so bad - I'd rather have a system where I don't have to worry about haxies than one that looks cool and has conflicts.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I suggest as a solution to the criticisms of the desktops here to create a customization thread, especially for people who want to be critiqued on their desktop, or learn how to customize their OS. I think I'll start one just now.

flai

Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
picture1rf3.png

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Mangofett

GBAtemp Testing Area
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But the person in question himself isn't Japanese.

That is true. But if it weren't for bilingual people like myself (or tri, since I speak something else), no one would be translating those games you play, officially or unofficially.
Now what does that have to do with anything? I'm bilingual (trilingual once I finish French) and I don't translate games. And you said to me you were an English teacher in a PM, so I mean you could be a translator but...

Most localization teams for America are in America, save a few exceptions.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0UeJincEpEM