Androgynous Apparently :)
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Kikuchiyo, I'll be needing that wallpaper right now kthxbye
smile.gif

And Warcuied, you are supposed to put that AveTunes desklet off the screen a bit so it looks like it's coming from the edge of the screen.

EDIT - Screeny before I go for school
happy.gif

picture1co7.png

^^Scaled down stupidly

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Hit

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I posted recently but I like my new wallpaper (and the thread is getting very PC-y againÂ
tongue.gif
 ), so I'm putting a couple of new shots up.
clean1.jpg

apps1.jpg

I really dislike Leopard's transparent menu bar on lighter backgrounds. It looked OK on my space wall, but here it looks flakey. The new icon size is crisp though, I'm loving it - it's hard to tell how crisp the dictionary icon is in the shot (btw, dictionary.app has become the greatest thing ever in Leopard, with full Japanese, Japanese/English, and Japanese/synonyms dictionaries).

That's cool dude
First of all-That Wallpaper rocks!
Second of all-U use Mac
smile.gif

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country
Does anyone know a way to set a delay on RKlauncher from popping up?
I use Rocketdock because I can keep it in the background and after a delay I specify, it'll pop up if I have my mouse on the area where the dock is.
I can't seem to find such a setting in RKlauncher which makes it seem like such a waste because everyone is recommending it.

Also.. there are some settings which I can't seem to access...
Some of them I can't be too bothered about but others like "start up with windows" can't be selected..
Does anyone know whats up with that?

Lastly, I totally agree with flai. This thread should be made a sticky
biggrin.gif

dg10050

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Well, I recently installed OSx86 Leopard on my new PC. Unfortunately, none of the 4 network adapters (WiFi/NIC) that I own are compatible with OSX. So for now I'm just stuck with Windows until the Forcedeth drivers are updated. (Everything else worked great btw, even my GeForce 8800 GTS) You'd be surprised at how useless a computer can be without internet though.
tongue.gif

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I use Rocketdock because I can keep it in the background and after a delay I specify, it'll pop up if I have my mouse on the area where the dock is.
I can't seem to find such a setting in RKlauncher which makes it seem like such a waste because everyone is recommending it.

Some of them I can't be too bothered about but others like "start up with windows" can't be selected..

biggrin.gif

This should solve the startup problem
smile.gif

http://aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=24982

xcalibur

Gbatemp's Chocolate Bear
Trophies
XP
Country

biggrin.gif

This should solve the startup problem
smile.gif

http://aqua-soft.org/board/showthread.php?t=24982

Thanks a lot flai
biggrin.gif

I guess this means I'm switching over to RKlauncher permanently.
bow.gif

phoood

taking it to a whole new level.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here's my desktop. Just recently started using themes again after going "cold turkey" for a year or two.

fix0red my links with higher quality/sized ones.

edit-PRODUCTIVITY FTFW!!!1

War

Take it easy~
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. I'm sorry you don't like it Flai :\ I really do think it looks good though. I'll try your suggestion for AveTunes, but I don't really get how you want me to put it.

Thanks for the icon links too!

GrimLord

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the nice comments, guys. I'm sorry you don't like it Flai :\ I really do think it looks good though. I'll try your suggestion for AveTunes, but I don't really get how you want me to put it.

I think I read in another topic that you said you wanted a Mac theme? I forgot which thread but I suggest FlyakiteOSX
Screens and info:
www.flyakiteosx.com/

Updated version (3.5):
http://osx.portraitofakite.com/

modshroom128

Trophies
Website
modshroom128.imgur.com
XP
Country
United States
I posted recently but I like my new wallpaper (and the thread is getting very PC-y again 
tongue.gif
  ), so I'm putting a couple of new shots up.
clean1.jpg

apps1.jpg

I really dislike Leopard's transparent menu bar on lighter backgrounds.  It looked OK on my space wall, but here it looks flakey.  The new icon size is crisp though, I'm loving it - it's hard to tell how crisp the dictionary icon is in the shot (btw, dictionary.app has become the greatest thing ever in Leopard, with full Japanese, Japanese/English, and Japanese/synonyms dictionaries).

That's cool dude
First of all-That Wallpaper rocks!
Second of all-U use Mac
smile.gif
why the hell is everything in japanese?
ug... how geeky.

flai

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country

Don't get the wrong idea, I do like it, I just think it would look like it is supposed to if you move it to a position like this -

perspectAve_for_AveTunes_by_RinoISV.png

See how it is off the screen a little, I think you should put in like that
happy.gif

And Urza, perhaps that is how he likes it? With no windows or anything it's just two big icons and a Coversutra Jewel Case, not really bloated, I think the messyness of the bottom screenshot was just to show what he uses.

JKR Firefox

Back.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Whoa Twi, WB killed your compy? I'm kinda scared now o__o I use WindowBlinds, and I love my computer to much to risk it like that.

Well, here's my desktop... I finally decided to stop being so lazy and start getting some album art for my songs, even though I have so many different songs that it will take at least a few hours to get 'em all. Either way, here it is:

6jmy06q.png

I kinda like that AveTunes skin. I'll keep looking, but I may just stick with that one. And I do have Rainlendar, but I put it in ninja mode. :3

I'm getting kinda bored with my icons. I searched in DA but to no avail. Anyone know where to get some really nice icon sets?

Instead of looking for the album art for all of your songs, try MediaMonkey. All you do is scan the location where the songs are and once it is done sorting all of the music by artist and what not, you highlight each album you are looking for art for and hit autotag from the web. It automatically renames all of the songs for you and imbeds the album art into the song tag so you'll always have it no matter where you move the music to.

On Topic: One of the best I've seen here so far.

kikuchiyo

大阪に生まれた男
Trophies
Website
coin-battle.com
XP
Country
United States
why the hell is everything in japanese?
ug... how geeky.

Because I live in Japan (rural Aomori, no less) and speak Japanese? Because I write a lot of Japanese documents for work and for the English classes I teach? Because I run Japanese software? Because I work in an office where all the machines use Japanese Windows XP (my Toshiba included) and so it's good for me to know Japanese computer terminology? Because I use the Japanese web more than English web sites?

Thanks for playing though, I'm sure we have a lovely parting gift for you.

As for the second shot I just wanted to show off some apps and pictures of my students.
ohmy.gif

I think the wallpaper is a little busy, but three icons is good - minimalism is better than having a lot of garbage everywhere (see my work laptop or the Windows install on this Mac for proof).

And that's the thing. When I used Windows exclusively I went to a hell of a lot of trouble to skin it, to change the icons, to make it look different. Since switching I've barely done anything - I've changed some system icons and when I used Tiger I used the Uno window decoration modification, and that's it (and I desaturated the mixi client icon on my menubar so it's not hideously gold but grey). OS X Isn't nearly as hideous as vanilla XP or Vista, so there's far less impetus for me to theme it or install crap like Shapeshifter or Windowblinds.

You say it's bland, but I say I like this elegance better than hacking system DLLS in Windows XP so it doesn't look like I'm living in 1998.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Me and wifey was deciding on our next vacation, so I hung up a map on the wall, and give her a dart and said, wherever you hit, we will go. She threw the dart and it missed the map completely and fell into a trash can below on floor. So I said "ok Florida it is."
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 ohhh a pot cake?
    +2
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Gimme some of dat
    +4
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah i don't use weed,in my baking or in general
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides isn't it usually gummies or brownies?
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    So, make a "New Trend"
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i just said i don't use weed
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    You can add it in anything really, you can even make a butter/oil with it, then use that oil in anything
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    besides i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent, so telling me to make a cake with cannabis is traumatizing me, ur cancelled buddy /s/srs
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    (nah jk i'm just parodying those "i'm literally a minor and neurodivergent" mfs on twitter)
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Michigan has legal rec, so you only have few more years, is it 18 or 21 up there? 21 here in Ohio.
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    prob 21, idk tho
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    Guess I'll go with plan B and make a Rum Vanilla flavored ice cream
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    That sounds damn good.
    Nah. Tequila maybe
    That, or Old No. 7
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm ashamed to ask, but what is old no 7?
    Jack Daniels
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Oh yea, duh
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I still have some old no 7, bout to mix with some coke, and get "California Sober".
    +2
    lol, I finally got you to Enjoy a Coc Tail :tpi::rofl2::tpi:
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @ZeroT21 oh i bet some rum raisin ice cream is so good

i don't drink, but some rum ice cream might be good
    +2
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rum pecan ice cream is the bomb. Never had rum raisin, but bet be good. My homemade ice cream machine started rust inside so I pitched it, but gotta get a new one, miss making my own ice cream, esp with booze.
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol
    +2
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: But have you ever made ice cream on weed... Lol +2