Possibly the 3DS?

Discussion in '3DS - Console, Accessories and Hardware' started by NoirCX, Apr 6, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Apr 6, 2010

Possibly the 3DS? by NoirCX at 9:56 AM (9,543 Views / 0 Likes) 107 replies

1. NoirCX
    OP

Newcomer NoirCX Member

Netherlands

2. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say no...

3. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    Looks like a jokey post. The thing looks orrible to handle and how can you play DS games without having the bottom screen between you fingers?

4. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

i actually like the design a lot... i hope thats really the 3DS [​IMG]
    could be a prototype...

[​IMG]
    ^ we can clearly see the DS slot here as well as SD card slot.

5. NoirCX
    OP

Newcomer NoirCX Member

Netherlands
    i agree it looks pretty hard to handle but it does has some nice points. I'm not claiming it is the 3DS, just wanted to share what i found.

6. Jamstruth

Member Jamstruth Secondary Feline Anthropomorph

United Kingdom
    What I see though is that the image on the "LCD Screen" is far too clear for a simple camera picture pointing, for me, to this being a rather elaborate and well thought out fake.

7. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    Read through the article through google translate and it does in-fact look and sound legit!
    Dam it looks so good I'm thinking of saving up for one [​IMG]
    Apparently you can put it face down and it can scan what ever its on and display it on-screen.
    The controller scheme also looks very interesting, allowing for vertical controls or horizontal. The pics even show it playing Super Robot Tensien, all looks very good

Looks real to me

8. Costello

Administrator Costello Headmaster

well for one after having completely read the article and seen all the photos, I'm convinced.
    I'm pretty sure thats a 3DS prototype... prototype indeed. Not the final thing, because its still quite ugly.
    I think they'll come up with a better design for the final thing.

9. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    here is a rough trans via google:

Different picture of the mystery game console

First, the various images and information are listed below which are published with permission from the manufacturer is not available.

Game show held in June, normally E3 information exposed in a big way, and it has been published ahead of unauthorized liberty, E3 people that enjoy the surprise with which this browser reading We recommend that you close.

"Right now we know from later anyway, and I also know now" Please read only One. Please scroll down the page only for understanding Itadaketa above.

There are mysterious game machine on the desk. Where manufacturers do not dare 伸Semasu, with Sony's PSP2 is not sure.

Betrayed expected, this is how the LCD screen with. "What? Are not two screens? You with the information already disclosed by the manufacturer, but like you said, but DS is compatible with."
    But it seems some of you, if you look at the shape of the LCD I can imagine "Oh, so you have ..." may be considered.
    Two screens, but well compatible with DS has. From the rough specs for now.

Are equipped with LCD resolution is 854x512 dots. It is common wide VGA touch vertical resolution slightly increased resolution. On February 4 854x480 3D LCD display for mobile phones announced by S I, I employed the same panel are made by S, but have this video game and that is a different size and resolution Equipped with a panel Kasutaimaizu.

854x512 or 854x480 resolution, not to not have that. (Specifically described later.)

LCD is available as Autostereoscopic already been reported. Method to achieve Autostereoscopic There are many, this was adopted is called the parallax barrier can be installed low cost.
    Are equipped with polarizing filters in front of the LCD function Autostereoscopic ON If you have changed pixel orientation of the polarizing filter placed in front of the LCD, the left eye image pixels in odd columns direction, the direction and polarization of the right eye image pixels in even columns, has been able to show the naked eye stereoscopic images that separate the left and right eyes.

Since when is OFF so as to bypass the filter becomes transparent polarized light using a resolution of 854x512, ON time divided by half the resolution for the left and right lateral resolution of 427x512 and effectively.

The game console is DS and PSP I used to or next to and vertically through games and other applications, such as when the vertical screen as the above screen height is adjust the direction of the polarizing filter has even sometimes allow stereo. (256x854 resolution and the real case.)

Im gonna stop there but from what im getting is that this is a shell that someone made and somehow found a way to fuse a ds and a psp together. Either that or the screens are simulated...

ha ha i just noticed i have 169 posts... im sorry, plz forgive me

10. petspaps

Member petspaps GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    Sorry either thats a damn good lcd screen with no borders or its a shitty photoshop. Or, OR it is a veeeerrrry early prototype.

11. NoirCX
    OP

Newcomer NoirCX Member

Netherlands
    It's most likely a very early prototype, i suppose in time it will get shaped better

12. zeromac

Member zeromac Finally reached 1000 posts EXACTLY

Australia
    [​IMG]
    Holy shit
    Apparently theres a SDK for it that this guy has gotten a hold of

13. ShadowInferno119

Newcomer ShadowInferno119 Member

United States
    Wow well I believe thats legit no doubt. Just my question is what is nintendo thinking? Yeah sure it makes for a very nice iPad design when left closed. But how do they expect anyone to really game on that when its flipped open and raised up. Especially any older games that require the bottom screen + a d-pad. For example: The World Ends With You, Metroid Prime Hunters, Call of Duty Series, Moon, Dementium and plenty more.

I hope they don't believe were want to start using face buttons when it comes to controlling in an FPS. They need to add another analog nub to the button right hand side. Didn't they learn from the poor controls on the PSP?

14. nutella

Member nutella Low Glycemic Index

Australia
    i wasnt gonna buy a 3ds, but if thats real, im down.

15. jonesman99

Member jonesman99 GBAtemp's Official ArchAndroid

United States
    i really wish they would add some dsi features like the camera only with better resolution and movie recording capabilities, but i guess that will happen somewhere down the line...

16. petspaps

Member petspaps GBAtemp Regular

Australia
    they need to re-design the control pad. It is WAY to cramped. Maybe this is a plot from nintendo, 'accidentally' leak a prototype and monitor popular forums for suggestions, lol.

17. ShadowInferno119

United States
    Another thing I noticed was that there's sort of a "home" button under the select/start button. Which obviously goes with out saying that the OS will be updated. But sort of confirms a better interface when it comes to the 3DS.

18. Tonitonichopchop

Member Tonitonichopchop GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They do use "State of the Art forensic technology" so it wouldn't surprise me.

19. ShadowInferno119

United States

Haha lol I laughed so hard when they said that about Kongznuts i'm like seriously, you just looked at some forums. Don't get all fancy now. Cause if that's the case, I use state of the art forensic technology all the time!

20. dreassica

Member dreassica GBAtemp Regular

Netherlands
    1 screen, ie fake, then its not really a DS anymore.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.