1. RisingHopperZeroOne

OP RisingHopperZeroOne Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Yokai Watch 1 for Nintendo Switch is a direct port from the 3DS version with the same file structure and files so a translation port should be possible, only problem I see is there is many text files to sort though and some additional ones to translate.

The archive yw1_a.fa can be unpacked in Karamaru and the text files *_ja.cfg.bin can be open and edited freely Kuriimu, a new problem arises is the newer files seem to have combined both male and female files together so it's hard to tell which is supposed to go where without knowing Japanese for example ev01_0010_m_en.cfg.bin & ev01_0010_f_en.cfg.bin has 19 entries while the new file ev01_0010_ja.cfg.bin has 33 entries.

Haven't checked the image files but I'm assuming it can be edited but priority should be on the in game dialogue.

Last edited by RisingHopperZeroOne, Oct 11, 2019
  2. Hairy-Breeks

Hairy-Breeks Member
    Newcomer

Australia
    Should be easy enough, just need someone with the time to bother. I would do it myself but like I said, time is my limiter.

matias3ds likes this.
  3. matias3ds

matias3ds GBAtemp Psycho!

Argentina
    I would like to help ; i have only basic knlowedge with Sxos , if i can assist or learned in anyway let me know . i Would really like to play this game in english , and theres not realease date at the moment . And i hate waiting :-)

4. GuyInDogSuit

GuyInDogSuit Your friendly neighborhood guy in a dog suit.

United States
    So this isn't being localized? Just wondering. Would be a cool project, if I knew how.

matias3ds likes this.
  5. Slushyberry

Slushyberry Member
    Newcomer

Hungary
    It will be. In a few years... :glare:

6. d.p.s

d.p.s Newbie
    Newcomer

Hey, how did u unpacked the .fa file from switch version? i've tried but there are a problem with the tool that u've mentioned...

7. matias3ds

Argentina
    We need love from this project , where's the people ???

RinkuSonic41 likes this.
  8. d.p.s

d.p.s Newbie
    Newcomer

I’m trying yo unpack the .fa file From Switch versión but it seems that there are a problem with the offsets. Maybe someone can help me

9. matias3ds

Argentina
    So for the 3ds versions you can have ev01_0010_mASCULINE_en.cfg.bin and ev01_0010_fEMENIM_en.cfg.bin
    and for japanese 31 in total ?
    Cant you just make all masculine or all femenim , it will be underatndable no matter the gender .

10. RinkuSonic41

RinkuSonic41 Advanced Member
    Newcomer

Italy
    I'm interested, this is a nice idea

matias3ds likes this.
  11. Kirbtastic

Kirbtastic Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    Hey I know this thread is basically dead, and idk if this is allowed, but I would be willing to compensate someone for their time if they could translate the game. I'd really like this game to be translated

12. matias3ds

Argentina
    Yes i know i check every week to see if theres some news from level 5 about a western realease , but nothing

13. Randomghost

Randomghost Member
    Newcomer

United States
    I'm willing to donate too if this game is translated along with YW4

14. DrgnMasterKota

Newcomer

Japan
    Hey guys I’ve worked on a lot of game projects and mod projects in my day but never a full blown translation project so I’d love to get a team together and bust this project out for everyone it shouldn't be too hard to learn and I can dedicate the time to do it and I’m sure everyone here will support me with the project so let’s get the ball rolling and dive into this! If the studio won’t localize the game we will just do it ourselves. Easy enough.

Last edited by DrgnMasterKota, Nov 15, 2020
    matias3ds likes this.
  15. matias3ds

Argentina
    Well said , count me in . Anything i can do for help , a dont have a degree as a proffesional in coding or creating but , can watch and leran as many tutorials needed . So where should we start ?

16. DrgnMasterKota

Newcomer

Japan
    Add me on Discord my friend and we will get a Discord channel setup for this project and get the ball rolling on everything. Everyone who reads this moving forward is also welcome to join us and finally get this translation Mod busted out. Here is my discord it's DrgnMasterKota#5495 I look forward to potentially working with you all soon!

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Here is the new projects discord invite link for anyone interested in wanting to join this project! The more people who join to help out the easier and faster we can get everything done. Team work makes the dream work.

https://discord.gg/Cp4cmnfWpZ

17. DrgnMasterKota

Newcomer

Japan
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Alright everyone so I've extracted the games NSP for us and uploaded the entire extracted structure to google drive for anyone that wants to access it. This is what the key file structure is looking like. It's a little odd because there is only 38 movies listed here when I'm sure there is supposed to be many more for the game. And just like the person above I'm having issues opening the yw1_a.fa file within Kuriimu to extract it. Hoping some more interested people can help join this project soon so we can keep the ball rolling on progress for this.

Google drive link for extracted NSP:
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/1HyRCXqjN5CVAix01xCL412aFQ9sBC0od/view?usp=sharing

18. matias3ds

Argentina
    Could it be that one movie file has lenght of 3 minutes , but stops at 1 minute and then in another sequence starts in 1 minute and 1 second

19. DrgnMasterKota

Newcomer

Japan
    I don't think so I've got everything setup and working now so I've been translating and testing some things in game. For the in game cutscenes those can't be edited they are actually programmed into the game and the game pulls audio files for said game cutscenes. So we will have to extract each audio clip for each part and replace it with the 3DS english version. But as for just in game translation I've got that working now and I'm working on it piece by piece. Will take a little though because there are TONS and TONS of text files that have to be translated then injected back into the yw1_a.fa file. Just give me some time though, I got this.

matias3ds likes this.
  20. matias3ds

Argentina
    Amazing , im downloading now the extracted nsp , just for back up if its needed in the future

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Translation, Possible, Nintendo