Hacking Possible to update r4i card without a second 3ds

pyrosxl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi all!

I have the R4i-3ds card. The black one with wifi at the top and the 3ds in green. Worked great on my 3ds. Traded my 3ds in for the 3ds xl. R4 card would no longer work. Made a backup of the flash card, downloaded the latest firmware and hard copied it onto the flash card. Still got the 'an error has occured' message. Started googling and found this forum.

Two questions, 1 : Will this flashcard be able to work on the 3ds xl at all?

2 : If so, is there any way to update the firmware without a second, working ds.

Thanks!

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
1.It depends what card you have. There are many clones of R4i 3DS Card. Some of them work and some don't. Check the URL on the card.
2.If your 3DS is at the last firmware then you need a 3DS with lower firmware then 4.4 or a DS Phat/Lite.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
there are MANY MANY R4 card
do you have the right card?

see this
most cards DO NOT work on 3DS v4.4.0-10

if you have the right card
to update you,
need a system the can use the card, so you can run the update

pyrosxl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I described it in the post, the url on the bottom of the card is as follows :

r4i-sdhc.com

As I also said in the first post, I know that it worked on the 3ds. I no longer have that, however, I only have the 3ds xl. I do not have access to a second console, and I do not know if I will have access to one in the future.

On the off chance I do have access to one, another question, so when i extract the update to the root of my sd card, I do tell it to write over all the old data, right? It seems like all the tut's I have read seem to skip over that part.

And I take it there is no way to just copy stuff over and it just works? I have to run the update from a second console? There is no way around that, however convoluted?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
I described it in the post, the url on the bottom of the card is as follows :

r4i-sdhc.com

As I also said in the first post, I know that it worked on the 3ds. I no longer have that, however, I only have the 3ds xl. I do not have access to a second console, and I do not know if I will have access to one in the future.

On the off chance I do have access to one, another question, so when i extract the update to the root of my sd card, I do tell it to write over all the old data, right? It seems like all the tut's I have read seem to skip over that part.

And I take it there is no way to just copy stuff over and it just works? I have to run the update from a second console? There is no way around that, however convoluted?

get the following

www.r4i-sdhc.com/R4i-3DS%20V1.62b%20English.zip

extract the files and place over the old on teh SD card
then the card is ready as soon as you get a console that you can update it on
then once you have it running

ens.jpg

pyrosxl

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thats what I did, I copied everything over. So I take it was supposed to just let it copy over all the old files?

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
Thats what I did, I copied everything over. So I take it was supposed to just let it copy over all the old files?

yea, that flashcards the Firmware update for the flashcard is inside the Kernel
(kernel = game compatibilty, firmware = console compatibility)
you will jsut need to run the firmware update on teh card and you should be fine on 4.4.0-10 on your XL

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight: :ninja: