Hacking POSSIBLE TO DOWNGRADE BY WIPING HDD?

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
If i plug my ps4 hdd into my pc wipe it shove it back in n update from usb will it work to get it on a lower fw? or is it using a rom to store fw. because i gone got a slim with 5.53-1 and what with 5.05 comming soon i'd say i fBOMBed up.

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
I don't see what that has to do with anything you said before?
because something obviouslu is stored in some kinda flash memory to prevent older fw being installed even with a new hdd or downgrading would be easy peasy

edit: or would u prefer i used the term nand flash

Last edited by fatboynate,
Reactions: MeAndHax

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
How can you have 427 posts on this forum and literally have no idea how any of this works.
cause ive never managed to get a sony console hacked due to some bs fw issue, im a 50% nintendo 50%pc gamer

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

They obviously don't want you downgrading. It's not the fault of flash memory.
the joke was that flash memory is the future of storage n the bane of console hacking since software mods can have hidden blocckades thanks to is usage, i'll have to hope a hardware downgrade gets made i can use myself

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
The firm is flashed onboard. Its just additional os shit on the HDD. If you tried what you're suggesting it would just tell you the fw you're trying to install is out of date.
so the actual fw is stored in nand like i asked, so its true ms/sony + nand = fk u pirates :(

MasterJ360

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There's a reason why we constantly say don't update if you care about CFW. If PS4 was that easy to downgrade I wouldn't be saving money on the side for a hackable system

D

Deleted User

If only it was that simple.Chances are we will get somthing like ps3xploit for the ps4 in mabe 8-9 years from now for all the current model ps4's we have at the moment.Who knows how well the ps4 is protected from kernel exploit downgrading.

Last edited by ,

fatboynate

Bringer of Freedom
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Chad
There's a reason why we constantly say don't update if you care about CFW. If PS4 was that easy to downgrade I wouldn't be saving money on the side for a hackable system
tbh i just got a slim after my fat one got fried which was on 1.76, i guess ill have to scouer the histreet trade in stores n hope to find a low fw cheap, i gotta pay for my switch to get sent back still. wont be cheap

If only it was that simple.Chances are we will get somthing like ps3xploit for the ps4 in mabe 8-9 years from now for all the current model ps4's we have at the moment.Who knows how well the ps4 is protected from kernel exploit downgrading.
another thing i'd love to see is a homebrew method of getting 21:9 aspect ratio to work on my monitor since thats what i play on even if it was stretched i could put up with it that would be worth the invest in another ps4 with low fw from ebay

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm pretty sure the ps4 uses nor. But basically yeah
Doubt it, NOR has very slow write speeds.
cause ive never managed to get a sony console hacked due to some bs fw issue, im a 50% nintendo 50%pc gamer

the joke was that flash memory is the future of storage n the bane of console hacking since software mods can have hidden blocckades thanks to is usage, i'll have to hope a hardware downgrade gets made i can use myself
They could do the same thing without flash memory. Flash memory is just easier.
eFuses would have been a better solution though, there would be no chance of downgrading any console in that case. Like M$ and now Nintendo with the Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Purple_Heart @ Purple_Heart: shit like goku mui and beerus and other dbs stuff lmao