Hacking Possible to connect via Wifi (ESP8266) and Ethernet (local LAN)?

veekay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is it possible to have both active and functional at the same time? I'd like to be able to use my ESP8266 for launching the exploit, but still be able to FTP into the machine from a wired connection.

If not, I think I remember being able to host the exploit on a DD-WRT router so I may look into that option.

stooged

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
the ps4 will only utilize one network type at a time so if its set to use wifi it will not use the lan.

the trick to getting ftp via the esp8266 is connect the ps4 to the esp8266 and the pc to the esp8266 via wifi.

like Hayato213 said you could use the "offline" method but if you use a good cache method that's url always points to a dead host you never need to disable the ps4 network connection which allows you to use all the network functions and still maintain the cached exploits

Last edited by stooged,

veekay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The main problem is distance between the PS4 and computer - I doubt the wifi will reach. I'm really only going to use ftp to backup saves and the DB file in case of corruption so I don't lose installed games and progress.

I will look into the cached method a little more. I plan to shut-off the PS4 between uses so hopefully that holds in the system between boots.

smf

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I'd like to be able to use my ESP8266 for launching the exploit, but still be able to FTP into the machine from a wired connection.

If you have a computer you can connect to the PS4 then an ESP8266 is a bit of a waste.

You can run a dns and web server on your pc and configure the ps4 to use your pc as the dns server & the dns server to give your ip address for manuals.playstation.com.

Or if you have a decent broadband router then you can block the ps4 from accessing the internet completely and add manuals.playstation.com to it's dns server. You'd still need the web server running on your pc, although your router might be able to do that too.

veekay

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like I will try stoogeds offline cache and see how that goes. Hate to waste the two ESP boards - another project maybe.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-