Possible SX Switch modchip clones appear on Taobao marketplace

e3Qc7ix.jpg

A challenger approaches, as a possible imitation product based on Team Xecuter's SX Core modchip has surfaced online. The discovery was initially posted to Chinese webforum Baidu, in which two images were uploaded, with claims of them being clones of SX Core. Supposedly, this knockoff chip would support Atmosphere CFW for the mariko and ipatched Nintendo Switch variants by soldering it exactly like you would with the SX Core. These clones have already appeared on Taobao and Xianyu, though they're currently priced at 700 Yuan ($108 USD) at the cheapest. While they may have "secretly shipped" off to various retailers to sell, it's still unknown as to whether or not these chips work, or if they're reliable. No word has been made as to whether or not the same mystery team has also cloned the SX Lite chips that have Switch Lite support, either.

New chips have appeared. Recently, Xianyu (Chinese retailer) has a batch of chips that can be bought in large quantities, which only support atmosphere, which is different from the previous tx chips. The imitated chips have already been secretly shipped.

kkk19f1.jpg

:arrow: Source
:discuss: GBAtemp Discussion Thread

reminon

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
JFC , I wonder how much my chipped lite is worth these days
I figure $200 for the lite plus $200 for the SX lite plus $100 for instalation
plus $200 because you can not even get a chip for a lite
Just won a clear shell switch lite with an sx lite installed for $660. It also has a 1tb sandisk extreme , and some skull & co accessories with it. I'm gonna swap the motherboard over to my pokemon edition.

FCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If I could get my hands on the gerber and schematic files from the DIY posting I could make a lot of folks happy. Jus sayin.

I can damn near make out the whole schematic on the fuzzy screen shots

Last edited by FCE,

FCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I believe they were being sold, no?

My Chinese is terrible. I got the app and tried to no avail.

Good question about the bitstream. "no" is not really in my vocabulary but this will not be easy. I was under the (wrong) impression it had been dumped. I have a lot of homework to do.

Learning Chinese or dumping/making bitstream "easier"?

Last edited by FCE,

iolo57

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If I could get my hands on the gerber and schematic files from the DIY posting I could make a lot of folks happy. Jus sayin.

PM sent.

FCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all who PM,d

Very cool. Thank you.

$150.00+ is not okay. Like $5-10 in parts if you buy bulk. I under$tand why they don't want to let go of bitstream.

Silly when you consider its not super hard or expensive(this is rapidly changing tho) to track down unpatched erista. I wouldnt pay these prices folks. I'm in the process of buying broken unpatched units to refurbish and sell. I think at worst I would charge 250-300 for just console portion. That beats the hell out of $300+$150(+install fee if you cant do it). I know I cant do huge volume of this, but what I can do is not far off from being offered.

Something is going to break this open soon. I can taste it in the air.....

Time for me to go dark until I can be helpful.

Last edited by FCE,

GarnetSunset

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all who PM,d

Very cool. Thank you.

$150.00+ is not okay. Like $5-10 in parts if you buy bulk. I under$tand why they don't want to let go of bitstream.

Silly when you consider its not super hard or expensive(this is rapidly changing tho) to track down unpatched erista. I wouldnt pay these prices folks. I'm in the process of buying broken unpatched units to refurbish and sell. I think at worst I would charge 250-300 for just console portion. That beats the hell out of $300+$150(+install fee if you cant do it). I know I cant do huge volume of this, but what I can do is not far off from being offered.

Be the change

Reactions: mvmiranda

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
To all who PM,d

Very cool. Thank you.

If anyone can supply the parts I can put it all together.

FCE

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Be the change

Faith without works is dead. Like I said, I dont like "no". However, just because I want something does not mean it will happen. Energy is funny that way.

My bench is a mess of torn up switches and tools. No promises but I dont really have a neutral or idle.

I dont have a chip yet to try and compromise. Hopefully soon. I do have a chipwhisperer on the way.

Time is not something I have a lot of so feel free to take a whack at it if your schedule permits.

You will likely have to try to voltage glitch the bitstream out (or learn Chinese, track down the folks with bitstream and ask nice). I would start by getting a good handle on 360 RGH to get somewhat familiar with the nitty gritty if I was new to the concept. Look at NES wisdom tree games and zapping CIC. Concept is older than dirt.

Suggested reading. I learned much.

https://github.com/kooscode/srgh-matrix-trinity

https://www.coursera.org/learn/mandarin-chinese-1

I'm off to organize my Sega cartridges. Good luck to us all

Last edited by FCE,

Bohne

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Is there a good tutorial I can use to prepare my SD Card and instaling the HWFLY to my Mariko Switch?

hello1234t5rrt

Trophies
XP
Country
Ireland
Whats the general consensus on the hyfly chip in a mariko unit? Are they working okay? I see there is "Hwfly vip" for 180 USD on ali. The price doesnt bother me too much since I will still save tonnes of money because switch games are so expensive and I would rather not get a preowned v1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-