Possible SX Switch modchip clones appear on Taobao marketplace

e3Qc7ix.jpg

A challenger approaches, as a possible imitation product based on Team Xecuter's SX Core modchip has surfaced online. The discovery was initially posted to Chinese webforum Baidu, in which two images were uploaded, with claims of them being clones of SX Core. Supposedly, this knockoff chip would support Atmosphere CFW for the mariko and ipatched Nintendo Switch variants by soldering it exactly like you would with the SX Core. These clones have already appeared on Taobao and Xianyu, though they're currently priced at 700 Yuan ($108 USD) at the cheapest. While they may have "secretly shipped" off to various retailers to sell, it's still unknown as to whether or not these chips work, or if they're reliable. No word has been made as to whether or not the same mystery team has also cloned the SX Lite chips that have Switch Lite support, either.

New chips have appeared. Recently, Xianyu (Chinese retailer) has a batch of chips that can be bought in large quantities, which only support atmosphere, which is different from the previous tx chips. The imitated chips have already been secretly shipped.

kkk19f1.jpg

:arrow: Source
:discuss: GBAtemp Discussion Thread

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
I'm honestly surprised it took this long for something to come out. Expensive though :/

I'd like to see an SX Lite clone though, I've been considering getting a Switch Lite for my wife but no hacks = not worth bothering with for me. Hopefully it's a thing and isn't balls more expensive than the OG one.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I'm honestly surprised it took this long for something to come out. Expensive though :/

I'd like to see an SX Lite clone though, I've been considering getting a Switch Lite for my wife but no hacks = not worth bothering with for me. Hopefully it's a thing and isn't balls more expensive than the OG one.
You have a wife?!? How do I not know this?!? Well dang dill bombadil...

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Lets see them get sued in a week
It's gonna be harder for these ones to be sued.
TX got sued because (from what I know) they used Nintendo's assets and keys inside the device.
If you ship a blank device, you might be on the safe side.

Still though, with Nintendo being the pieces of shit they've always been, you never know.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sorry for accidentally bending over