Possible SX Switch modchip clones appear on Taobao marketplace

e3Qc7ix.jpg

A challenger approaches, as a possible imitation product based on Team Xecuter's SX Core modchip has surfaced online. The discovery was initially posted to Chinese webforum Baidu, in which two images were uploaded, with claims of them being clones of SX Core. Supposedly, this knockoff chip would support Atmosphere CFW for the mariko and ipatched Nintendo Switch variants by soldering it exactly like you would with the SX Core. These clones have already appeared on Taobao and Xianyu, though they're currently priced at 700 Yuan ($108 USD) at the cheapest. While they may have "secretly shipped" off to various retailers to sell, it's still unknown as to whether or not these chips work, or if they're reliable. No word has been made as to whether or not the same mystery team has also cloned the SX Lite chips that have Switch Lite support, either.

New chips have appeared. Recently, Xianyu (Chinese retailer) has a batch of chips that can be bought in large quantities, which only support atmosphere, which is different from the previous tx chips. The imitated chips have already been secretly shipped.

kkk19f1.jpg

:arrow: Source
:discuss: GBAtemp Discussion Thread

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
scrub lol isn't that what they call high school freshmen

SX OS is best. Atmosphere requires too many sigpatches and stuff from what I have been told. SX OS just works.
So,you have difficulty to download an single extra .zip file on each update that you install on atmosphere? Cuz besides Hekate patches(to enable modified .nsp, like Tinfoil), that's pretty much all you need to get atmosphere to work

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So,you have difficulty to download an single extra .zip file on each update that you install on atmosphere? Cuz besides Hekate patches(to enable modified .nsp, like Tinfoil), that's pretty much all you need to get atmosphere to work

Well according to the other guy, I'm a scrub. I prefer noob but scrub may be sufficient.

Reactions: HollowGrams

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well according to the other guy, I'm a scrub. I prefer noob but scrub may be sufficient.

Not sure why all the name calling - Over here V2 Core'd switches start at $600.

SX Core is most likely going to be better quality. We need some time to see if the clones will fail down the road. So far there has been 2 versions of the HWFLY clone and rev 2 has the fixed gap on QSB. In the 360 days some clones were better than the TX stuff of those days.

Last edited by HollowGrams,

raging_chaos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Patched Mariko and Lite consoles would like to say they can't do it without an SX Core chip installed. Takes more than just a zip and a download.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not sure why all the name calling - Over here V2 Core'd switches start at $600.

SX Core is most likely going to be better quality. We need some time to see if the clones will fail down the road. So far there has been 2 versions of the HWFLY clone and rev 2 has the fixed gap on QSB. In the 360 days some clones were better than the TX stuff of those days.

Well seems like generally clones of stuff have issues. I haven't heard of any problems with the SX Core unrelated to the end user messing up the soldering (yeah, I have messed up 2 consoles, so I'm not saying I'm mr perfect here). I have 2 consoles with the modchip properly installed and one V1 with no modchip.

But anyway as long as they pay good attention to QC who knows, they could develop a good chip. But there are some features that SX OS has that Atmosphere lacks still. It's just that they could catch up if they really wanted to.

I'm perfectly fine on SX OS. I haven't seen any reason to switch to anything else. My buddy tells me that tinfoil requires some sighacks and things. I haven't used it. I just have a collection that I regularly update from elsewhere.

But if anyone could convince me to use Atmosphere, I'm open to trying it out. After all, it won't make me unable to use SX OS (unless of course I update the system firmware). Plus afaik it supports 12.0.0, not sure about anything above that but I think I read some post that 12.0.1 didn't patch Atmosphere out though.

MrVtR

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Patched Mariko and Lite consoles would like to say they can't do it without an SX Core chip installed. Takes more than just a zip and a download.
My point is to update atmosphere, not to install it, cuz the other one there mentioned the sigpatches and is pretty simple to update it(and that's obvious that V2 and lite needs the chip)

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Well seems like generally clones of stuff have issues. I haven't heard of any problems with the SX Core unrelated to the end user messing up the soldering (yeah, I have messed up 2 consoles, so I'm not saying I'm mr perfect here). I have 2 consoles with the modchip properly installed and one V1 with no modchip.

But anyway as long as they pay good attention to QC who knows, they could develop a good chip. But there are some features that SX OS has that Atmosphere lacks still. It's just that they could catch up if they really wanted to.

I'm perfectly fine on SX OS. I haven't seen any reason to switch to anything else. My buddy tells me that tinfoil requires some sighacks and things. I haven't used it. I just have a collection that I regularly update from elsewhere.

But if anyone could convince me to use Atmosphere, I'm open to trying it out. After all, it won't make me unable to use SX OS (unless of course I update the system firmware). Plus afaik it supports 12.0.0, not sure about anything above that but I think I read some post that 12.0.1 didn't patch Atmosphere out though.
I can only think on mod support and some homebrew support for sxos, it sucks the RomFS support for a few games on SxOS, but that's all I guess, besides the 11.0.0+ support that Atmos have and SxOS doesn't

Last edited by MrVtR,

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Been using both since day one and prefer Atmos. TX has been buggy as hell with many revisions, shit even 3.1.0 doesnt always boot on some micro sd brands, very old bug theyve had and it would bounce around revisions.

Both are super simple to setup. Atmos / Hekate Xci is a 1 click install + they stay on home menu and no need to dig them out. For me Atmos has been rock solid. USB I dont personally use even with TX.

If its working for you there is no need to update, TX plays all current. If TX does not get any kind of update when needed then you will most likely need to abandon ship.

Reactions: mvmiranda

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using both since day one and prefer Atmos. TX has been buggy as hell with many revisions, shit even 3.1.0 doesnt always boot on some micro sd brands, very old bug theyve had and it would bounce around revisions.

Both are super simple to setup. Atmos / Hekate Xci is a 1 click install + they stay on home menu and no need to dig them out. For me Atmos has been rock solid. USB I dont personally use even with TX.

If its working for you there is no need to update, TX plays all current. If TX does not get any kind of update when needed then you will most likely need to abandon ship.

That reminds me. The last system I sold with an SX Core in it wouldn't always boot up. I couldn't figure out why that was. It eventually booted, I think I sold it for $300 or something. Ah my email search worked, $348 + $8.25 shipping tablet only with SX Core installed. I also was so frustrated with modding these at one point that I sold one chip for $76. And I don't really regret it. I still own two SX Core systems which both boot up within 1-2 seconds depending on which one. My main one last time I booted it took a split second. So I'm happy with that.

I just don't know why that one I sold for $348 started acting up. It used to boot up within 5 seconds and then after I applied an update with choijournx, it had a lot of difficulty booting up any more. At least the buyer got it working and is happy with it. I thought that one would probably end up getting sent back to me.

HollowGrams

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That reminds me. The last system I sold with an SX Core in it wouldn't always boot up. I couldn't figure out why that was. It eventually booted, I think I sold it for $300 or something. Ah my email search worked, $348 + $8.25 shipping tablet only with SX Core installed. I also was so frustrated with modding these at one point that I sold one chip for $76. And I don't really regret it. I still own two SX Core systems which both boot up within 1-2 seconds depending on which one. My main one last time I booted it took a split second. So I'm happy with that.

I just don't know why that one I sold for $348 started acting up. It used to boot up within 5 seconds and then after I applied an update with choijournx, it had a lot of difficulty booting up any more. At least the buyer got it working and is happy with it. I thought that one would probably end up getting sent back to me.

Yeah this was a thing on some Cores and lites. Re-updating/installing with daybreak will usually fix this, sometimes requires a few boots. Spacecraft nx flash back and forth also causes this or fixes this LOL. Maybe related to the machine learning code that gets wiped and needs a few boots to calculate.

realtimesave

///AMG
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah this was a thing on some Cores and lites. Re-updating/installing with daybreak will usually fix this, sometimes requires a few boots. Spacecraft nx flash back and forth also causes this or fixes this LOL.

Ah I didn't know that, thanks for the tip next time if it happens I'll check it out.

Gary OPA just told me to "clean" the SX in the SX OS and reboot several times so it learns the glitch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it wasn't a question, it was fact
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    He said he had 3 different doctors apt this week, so he prob there. Something about gerbal extraction, I don't know.
    +1
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    bored, guess i'll spread more democracy
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    @K3Nv2 one more time you say such bs to @BakerMan and I'll smack you across the whole planet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure you smack my booty daddy
    +1
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    telling him that my partner is luke...does he look like someone with such big ne
    eds?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    do you really think I could stand living with someone like luke?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I suppose luke has "special needs" but he's not my partner, did you just say that to piss me off again?
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    besides I had bigger worries today
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    but what do you know about that, you won't believe me anyways
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa can answer that
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    BigOnYa already left the chat
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Biginya
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Auto correct got me, I'm on my tablet, i need to turn that shit off
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    With other tabs open you perv
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I'm actually in my shed, bout to cut 2-3 acres of grass, my back yard.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I use to have a guy for that thanks richard
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I use my tablet to stream to a bluetooth speaker when in shed. iHeartRadio, FlyNation
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    While the victims are being buried
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Grave shovel
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nuh those goto the edge of the property (maybe just on the other side of)
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    On the neighbors side
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yup, by the weird smelly green bushy looking plants.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://www.the-sun.com/news/10907833/self-checkout-complaints-new-target-dollar-general-policies...