Banned!
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Source
After Final Fantasy went downhill I hope Star Ocean doesn't follow suit. Still I enjoyed the first three and haven't played The Last Hope so I have hope. Well here's to hoping.

Reactions: Rasas

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
The Star Galaxy, countdown thing may just be for
Star Ocean Mobile/Social game
but i hope not

i like star ocean game

maybe
Star Ocean hd collection, for the ps3 (1-3)
hd updates for the psp remakes of 1 and 2, and a hd update of Star Ocean 3

or
a New Star Ocean Game would be nice

SO4 saw not bad, but not as good as the other ones

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I suggest you give up hope for The Last Hope, cause its shit and made me lose all hope of Star Ocean of ever being good.

/Start rant

Still had a better English translation than Star Ocean 2 for the PSX. I mean, what the crap is a "Parabora/Pair-a-bora beam" (Engrish)? I thought it was supposed to be "Parabola Beam". The Japanese voices made the voices somewhat less grating. but either version of Lymle's "I-want-to-tear-out-my-cochlea" voice made me want to scream.

/End rant

Crimson Lotus

Metal
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Considering I've only played 3 and 4 I'm at odds. I found 3 to be fantastic with character and story. 4 felt like an absolute mess. The characters were dull and uninspiring, it's as if they stuck their hands in a bag of anime cliches and pulled out whatever came out and mushed it all together. The only saving grace it had was combat. I'm not too hopeful for V if they plan on using anime cliches.

Rockym

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why Last Hope gets so much hate, I loved the Last Hope, I thought it was a great jRPG and I really like the story as well. I have 1 and 2 on the PSP and 3 in my backlog. I for one hope we do get another Star Ocean soon.

Crimson Lotus

Metal
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't understand why Last Hope gets so much hate, I loved the Last Hope, I thought it was a great jRPG and I really like the story as well. I have 1 and 2 on the PSP and 3 in my backlog. I for one hope we do get another Star Ocean soon.
I can't speak for everyone but I don't hate the game. I did put in over 100 hours but I've got a long list of grievances. The voice over was imbalanced. I did like a couple of them actually, but certain characters, when they opened their mouth I wanted to just choke the life out of them. It hurt my ears, almost physical pain (Sarah). I didn't like the cat girl either simply because it's a cat girl and they're everywhere in anime, it's close to the top of the barrel of cliche. On my second play-through, I renamed Edge as Gloomyturd. He does have some development in character and maturity, I will grant you that but there were far too many whiny moments for me to choke down. I wasn't expecting Dante badassery, you can throw in a pinch of whine here and there to make a point and build contrast but it was on every single planet at every third cameo. Again, another anime protagonist cliche. Myuria was all fan-service and I liked it. I'm guilty, I liked it! Still, I knew she was fan service so... it wasn't a selling point but I can't call it a detractor since... I liked it. That's a short summary of my complaints, they all have to do with the characters. The plot itself I found to be slightly above average. This is good in that I didn't dislike it but I wasn't entirely drooling over it. It worked and that's good enough. If the game had released 2 years earlier, I would have sang nothing but praise for it but it came out at the time I was getting tired watching the same anime in different "clothes" and much of the game reminded me of that.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Last Hope had an awesome soundtrack (Motoi Sakuraba knows how to write music), and I liked the battle system, but the voice acting was absolutely atrocious. The Japanese acting actually had people, you know, acting and not unemotional whiny pinheads. The fact I understood most of the Japanese helped add to the story and the subtitles weren't perfectly translated, but that's to be expected.

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I remember buying TLH at launch. I still regard it as the worst gaming decision I ever made. I don't really buy games on a whim, but I did that time.
Realized why I never had bought a game without heavy research beforehand.

It's really boring. I didn't have a problem with the VAing...even Lymle. But just everything was...underwhelming, and I just could NOT let go that the combat system felt like a stripped and outdated version of the Tales battle system.

If they make SO5. They better get their shit together...and for the love of god, they better improve the combat.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    wow that didn't work lol
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    tried to paste a pic
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Stop getting your creamy paste all over
    +2
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    DO NOT WORK FOR ME :(
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I think he has a wedgie, and is afraid to fix it in public.
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Or else he caught one of those Florida STD's
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Psis difficulty meter is Stds like how south park made it race color
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh yeah it's skin color for difficulty in south park

is it, by that logic, blackface to play on the hardest difficulty if you're white?
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Hey Psi, you ever been on a date and ran into another past date? And how did you handle it? Just curious.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    He just says this is the neighbor across the block and says sorry their mail got mixed up
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    guys, this sounds unhinged, but someone (i forgot who) saying they'd want to make their left 4 dead team wario, samus, captain falcon and nester gave me the idea for a quick round of fuck marry kill/bed wed behead
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    fuck marry kill:
    wario, samus, captain falcon
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    i gotta say fuck captain falcon, because he's hot (no homo), marry samus, because she seems like good wife (or as BigOnYa says, wifey) material, and kill wario, because he can't die, so killing him won't really kill him
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but uhhh that's just me hehe
    iu
  • impeeza @ impeeza:
    good night guys
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nighty night, wise one, thanks for trying to help.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    To sleep perchance to dream!
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    My state has put a heavy tax on vape juice, taxing any juice with nicotine by the weight/oz. So to get around the bs, my local vape store only sells 0 nicotine vape juices, then they also sell straight nicotine in tiny bottles, and you mix it yourself to your 0% juice, lol
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn, is that Wing from South Park?
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: Damn, is that Wing from South Park?