Possible Non-modchip homebrew?

BananaGaurdian11

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not fresh in switch hacking, but I know my way around the 3ds homebrew. I was wondering if any of you up-to-date people think that there might be an exploit in the future which will let you homebrew a switch or switch lite without a modchip or any disassembly of the system?

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I'm not fresh in switch hacking, but I know my way around the 3ds homebrew. I was wondering if any of you up-to-date people think that there might be an exploit in the future which will let you homebrew a switch or switch lite without a modchip or any disassembly of the system?
Basic homebrew? Maybe. Not enough to let you run CFW but perhaps enough to run some emulators.
It's nothing more than guesswork though, none of us know but we do know that the Switch OS seems pretty secure, and there might not be any more exploit chains that could let us boot payloads, but basic homebrew is a bit easier. Nintendo learned their lesson from the 3DS and Wii U. I believe everything gets hacked eventually, but it won't do most of us much good if it takes a decade for it to happen.

Draxzelex

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
None of us can predict the future but if SciresM poured 500+ hours and got bubkis, then the Switch may never get another exploit.

Chaosta

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Maybe it will with a release of a new Switch...?
unless nintendo gets even sloppier, wouldnt expect it. maybe for the next gen console that nintendo comes out with. but only bc it will be a fresh unit with unforeseen flaws. either sell your patched switch and find/buy a v1 for a good price(can often sell v2 and buy v1 at same price so you break even). or buy a modchip and pay to have it installed. either way times running out.

Halbour

Love yourself
Trophies
XP
Country
Israel
unless nintendo gets even sloppier, wouldnt expect it. maybe for the next gen console that nintendo comes out with. but only bc it will be a fresh unit with unforeseen flaws. either sell your patched switch and find/buy a v1 for a good price(can often sell v2 and buy v1 at same price so you break even). or buy a modchip and pay to have it installed. either way times running out.
Ok, Thanks, I'll try 1of those.

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Korea, North
I think the best chance of another software hack is if the official recovery payloads get leaked. Since they run before any bootloaders once they're out Nintendo can't do anything on existing hardware and they're normally only used for manufacturing / repairs which means they likely aren't subject to the same QA testing as Horizon. Even if they were subject to the same testing Horizon had bugs during the Switch's launch and there's no way to stop existing hardware from running the official recovery stuff from 2017, one caveat is the older software may not have support for Mariko but even then who's to say whatever tools they're using right now don't have bugs that can be used to get code execution? We saw factory tools get leaked for the PS3 which lead to hacks on that system but it depends on someone at Nintendo wanting to risk their job (and jail time) for fame in a notoriously ungrateful community.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @AncientBoi, don't worry atleast that video is a parody +1