Possible MH4U Save Editor ?

Discussion in '3DS - Flashcards & Custom Firmwares' started by toto621, Mar 26, 2015.

1. toto621
    OP

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    Hi,

I have a New 3DS XL (SysNAND 9.0 - emuNAND 9.5.0-23E) with Gateway. Since emuNAND 9.6 will not come to N3DS for a while due to new encryption, I gave up to online play.

There are a few monsters only found online through the gathering hall like Gogmazios and Dalamadur. I'm not that far into the game so I can't make a complete list.
    Also, some monsters can only be fought through expeditions/GQ like low rank Velocidrome, high rank Kut-Ku and all Ruby/Basarios.

Is there any work in progress with a Save Editor for this game ? Datel PowerSave will not work with Gateway right ?

I found this thread talking about it. It seems they manage to edit Hunter and otomo names only for now. Here is the result : Name Editor

What I seek is the possibility to edit items in boxes to add multiplayer only drops/stuffs in my offline save and thus minimize my loss about not be able to play online.

If there is no such things for now, maybe skilled people roaming here can help them to improve their save Editor :)

2. _eyCaRambA_

_eyCaRambA_ GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Apr 22, 2009
    United States
    Right around the cornerâ„¢
    Uhm, you can play it online just fine. I'm on 9.5 EmuNAND as well. If Nintendo/Capcom should ever release an online-mandatory update, just get the cia from some source and install it and you'll be set.

3. blcpl

blcpl Newbie

Newcomer
    Aug 4, 2009
    Italy
    You can still do all the online content while playing offline, alone. It's still possible (harder, sure, because the game doesn't adjust for the number of people actually in the mission), but you're not completely cut out of it. Everything up to Gogmazios (G3 urgent) is perfectly doable offline and solo (and past that you get harder monsters, but no new monsters, so you get all the materials you can get online).

That's all just to say that you can get through all the game's content, you don't need to cheat.

Also if you've downloaded the game update previously, you can still play online. At worst, you'll just get the update nag on emunand.

4. justln

justln GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2013
    You don't even need to update your 3DS or download the patch to play online.

5. toto621
    OP

toto621 GBAtemp Regular

Jan 19, 2015
    Belgium
    Neat, that's good to know :)

Well maybe thoses informations I found will be usefull to other people ^^

6. alpha_noj

alpha_noj GBAtemp Regular

May 29, 2009
    United States

Is that specific to MH4U, or are you talking about CIA patches? I figure they don't work on physical carts...

7. kamesenin888

kamesenin888 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 20, 2007
    I would recommend using ntr, it has a savedatafiler ish plug in to get your save and put it in a rom