possible dsi ware or dsi hack #2

Discussion in 'NDS - Console and Game Discussions' started by andrewpl, May 13, 2011.

May 13, 2011
  1. andrewpl
    OP

Newcomer andrewpl Advanced Member

United States
    Anyway yes although I am actualy 11 I do know that if you also shut off wi fi when goinging into sleep mode it cant finish when in sleep mode it shuts off wireless tranmisions and stops.
    ps. I saved up for my dsi! Plus there is always a weakness in security and if my idea dosent work we can also try to find the sorce of the dsi ware shop through a advanced program and at the acutual website it will not have the information for any systems! Plus as my first topic desc said it is a IDEA it does not meas it will work but even if it does not if we keep trying and learning the weaknesses and improving eventualy someone will hack it.

2. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    They're going to close this thread too so please understand why they will

1) Do not create topics with misleading headers. You should have rephrased it as "discussing possible diware hacks" or something. The topic as it stands can be deceptive as it implies one might exist, in an immenent sense. Not to mention your first posting had the same header but then asked the question about 'how does the dsi go into sleep mode'. Again deceptive.

2) While yes, having 'general' discussions about possibilities is kinda nice, again you need to talk about something very specific. At least come up with a coherent theory or possible scenario. Lets look at your original topic. You could have instead said something like "would it be possible to exploit how the sleep mode of the dsi works? does anyone know how the sleep mode works" would have at least been coherent and on topic.

3. AlanJohn

Member AlanJohn くたばれ

Ukraine
    I think we need a 'DSi Hacking Theories' thread.

4. andrewpl
    OP

United States
    ok so you are saying if i have my topic title it might be possible to use the dsi`s sleep mode to unlock dsi ware it wouldnt get clozed? becuase how bout we talk about this topic any ideas?

5. andrewpl
    OP

United States
    yea thats a good idea [​IMG]

6. doyama

Member doyama GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    I'm somewhat ambivalent about that. No offense to the OP but 99.9999% of posts there would mostly fall into the abyss of basically worthless and non useful posts. I mean we already went through a 'DSi Common Key' fiasco. And the 3DS 'hack threads' are really no better.

I realize people have to 'start somewhere'. But we don't really have the good hardware base of members to really sort through that. It would be nice if we could say "Here is all the hardware/register/stack/software information about the 3DS. Go read that first." and then have some meaningful discussions. I just don't see that happening in this forum. People who are actually interested should visit a place like DSiBrew and contribute there.

7. Rydian

Member Rydian Resident Furvert™

Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    United States
    Wouldn't you rather it be kept in one thread?